BOHICA North

Anything non-wireless related

Postby brwrdrvr » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:24 pm

streaker69 wrote:We also normally go through 2 gallons of orange juice a week as well, and between 18 and 24 eggs per week. The kids eat a lot.

Yea those offspring can cost a bundle. :)
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

Postby Barry » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:34 pm

brwrdrvr wrote:Yea those offspring can cost a bundle. :)

No joke! I thought the dogs were expensive.
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Postby streaker69 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:40 pm

I don't know if many other 911 call centers do this, but I've always thought this was pretty cool. They even have it designed for easy viewing on mobile devices.

LCWC: Public WebCAD
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby xor » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:19 pm

Well I just got up, Snowpocalypse 2 the sequel has kept me in. Spent a wonderful day curled up with the cats under the covers. If it wasn't for the phone ringing it would have been perfect. Now it's time to explore the food delivery options. :D

xor

The term is official:

Urban Dictionary: snowpocalypse
It's a dangerous business, going out on the web.
You step onto the information highway, and if you
don't keep your mouse, there's no telling where
you might be swept off to.

New Kind Of Access Point
xor
Mini Stumbler

Postby brwrdrvr » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:39 am

I told you all to keep that evil white stuff up there where it belongs. :rolleyes:

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NEW ORLEANS HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 2 PM CST FRIDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. THE WARNING AREA IS GENERALLY NORTH OF A LINE FROM WEST OF NEW ROADS AT THE ATCHAFALAYA RIVER... TO AMITE... TO PICAYUNE.

A MIXTURE OF LIGHT RAIN... LIGHT SLEET... AND LIGHT SNOW WILL DEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON ACROSS SOUTHWEST MISSISSIPPI AND UPPER FLORIDA PARISHES OF EAST CENTRAL AND SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA. THE MIX OF PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO CHANGE TO MOSTLY SNOW AFTER SUNSET... ALTHOUGH SOME SLEET COULD MIX IN FROM TIME TO TIME.

ONCE THE SNOW BEGINS... IT IS EXPECTED TO PICK UP IN INTENSITY DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS TONIGHT AND CONTINUE THROUGH AT LEAST FRIDAY MORNING BEFORE TAPERING OFF AROUND MIDDAY FRIDAY. MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DROP VISIBILITIES BELOW A QUARTER OF A MILE AT TIMES CREATING VERY HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL RANGE FROM 4 TO 7 INCHES ACROSS SOUTHWEST MISSISSIPPI... TO 2 TO 5 INCHES ACROSS THE UPPER FLORIDA PARISHES OF LOUISIANA.

THE SNOW WILL ALSO BE A WET SNOW. THE WEIGHT OF THE SNOW COULD DOWN SOME TREE BRANCHES AND POWER LINES AS IT ACCUMULATES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW... SLEET... AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE. EVERYONE IN THE WARNING AREA SHOULD TAKE THE NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS TO PREPARE FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS FOR TONIGHT AND FRIDAY.
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

Postby Thorn » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:21 am

TO 2 TO 5 INCHES ACROSS THE UPPER FLORIDA PARISHES OF LOUISIANA.
That's a "dusting." We don't even call out the plows for that much.

Speaking of the snow... It seems the Federal Govt is shut down for a third (fourth?) day. Does anyone think we'd be better off if it snowed in DC more often? ;)
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby brwrdrvr » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:45 am

Thorn wrote:That's a "dusting." We don't even call out the plows for that much.

Yea but for us that's a huge storm. Especially having it snow 2 times in one winter. I cannot remember another time it did that down here. It's going to be hell on them Cajuns down here.

Still trying to figure some of this winter out. Saints made it to the Super Bowl AND won it. Two snow storms in the same winter. I'm going to the Catholic Church across the road and ask the priest if he's had any news of Hell freezing over.

Thorn wrote:Speaking of the snow... It seems the Federal Govt is shut down for a third (fourth?) day. Does anyone think we'd be better off if it snowed in DC more often? ;)

We're always better off when them Dem's take off work. :)
brwrdrvr

Postby streaker69 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:50 am

brwrdrvr wrote:Yea but for us that's a huge storm. Especially having it snow 2 times in one winter. I cannot remember another time it did that down here. It's going to be hell on them Cajuns down here.

Still trying to figure some of this winter out. Saints made it to the Super Bowl AND won it. Two snow storms in the same winter. I'm going to the Catholic Church across the road and ask the priest if he's had any news of Hell freezing over.

We're always better off when them Dem's take off work. :)

Hell hasn't officially frozen over until the superbowl is Detroit and the Buffalo and Detroit wins.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby theprez98 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:30 am

For those of you with iPhones, Police Radio is a pretty entertaining app especially if you don't have a scanner handy. Listening to the county police yesterday and today has kept me from going stir crazy!
[font="Courier New"]"\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";[/font]
theprez98

Postby brwrdrvr » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:04 am

streaker69 wrote:Hell hasn't officially frozen over until the superbowl is Detroit and the Buffalo and Detroit wins.

See if I were a sports fan I would have known that. Hell I had to use Google Friday to find out who the Saints were playing. :cool:
brwrdrvr

Postby Barry » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:17 am

theprez98 wrote:For those of you with iPhones, Police Radio is a pretty entertaining app especially if you don't have a scanner handy. Listening to the county police yesterday and today has kept me from going stir crazy!

If you listen to the Anchorage Police station you'll hear a lot of drunk native calls....
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Postby brwrdrvr » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:58 am

Barry wrote:If you listen to the Anchorage Police station you'll hear a lot of drunk native calls....

Almost like this?

Might not be SFW
Drunk Native Voicemail Video
brwrdrvr

Postby Thorn » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Anyone heard from the Cajun?

Louisiana has more snow on the ground at the moment than we do. :eek:
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby brwrdrvr » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Thorn wrote:Anyone heard from the Cajun?

Louisiana has more snow on the ground at the moment than we do. :eek:

I made it through. This is what I woke up to this morning. I'm glad it was all gone by late afternoon. Now i need some of that Al Gore Global Warming i keep hearing about. :)

Yfrog - c0pv - Uploaded by brwrdrvr
brwrdrvr

Postby beakmyn » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:41 pm

What a waste that was. We only got 10.8 inches last night. We'll get another 2-3 tonight. I had the driveway down to black an hour ago alas it's covered again.
Toro 3521 FTW!
beakmyn

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic