Shmoocon

Anything non-wireless related

Postby G8tK33per » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:38 am

Thorn wrote:You'd like my mother-in-law's coffee. Spoons stand up straight in it. Then they dissolve. :eek:

I'm her favorite...

:D
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby King_Ice_Flash » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:51 am

I swear, I plan on going one of these years.
"Yeah," said a voice from under the table, "you go to pieces so fast people get hit by the shrapnel."
King_Ice_Flash

Postby xor » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:42 pm

I'm not that bad. I've heard armed service related coffee stories of people brewing pots of coffee, then running the brewed coffee back through the coffee maker with new coffee.

xor
It's a dangerous business, going out on the web.
You step onto the information highway, and if you
don't keep your mouse, there's no telling where
you might be swept off to.

New Kind Of Access Point
xor
Mini Stumbler

Postby Barry » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:21 pm

xor wrote:I'm not that bad. I've heard armed service related coffee stories of people brewing pots of coffee, then running the brewed coffee back through the coffee maker with new coffee.

xor

I know someone who made coffee with caffeinated water.
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Postby beakmyn » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:47 pm

xor wrote:I'm not that bad. I've heard armed service related coffee stories of people brewing pots of coffee, then running the brewed coffee back through the coffee maker with new coffee.

xor

You been at my client's? They brew it the whole week that way. Meaning they only add water as needed. Not to mention the 2:1 grounds to water ratio. It dissolved the styrofoam cup!
beakmyn

Postby King_Ice_Flash » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:07 am

Or you could just skip the water part all together and eat the coffee grounds right out of the MRE package.
"Yeah," said a voice from under the table, "you go to pieces so fast people get hit by the shrapnel."
King_Ice_Flash

Postby Starpoint » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:12 am

at both my favorite coffee houses the "house" coffee is always the strong stuff (slaps you in the face) and a large cup (the venti sized for all you starbuckers) is 2 bucks.. and refills are about 55 cents.
BOTH of these places are solid wifi hotspots and one is in downtown Houston.

The one downtown offers another advantage... it serves food and booze plus is right across the street from Spec's liquor warehouse.
Against the run of the mill, static as it seems

We break the surface tension with our wild kinetic dreams
Curves and lines -- of grand designs...

Tonight's movie "Soylent Green" has been brought to you by our sponsor - Waste Management

My mind is like a Steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in most states
Starpoint

Postby Starpoint » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:15 am

@ Beakmyn using freshly brewed coffee to brew another pot is a common trick.

But if you want to tweak your coffee http://www.stokexpress.com you can find these at HEB food stores sometimes and most Exxon on the Run stores have em.

each shot is 40 mg of caffeine.... add 3-5 to your cup and you can *ACTUALLY* feel your heart speed up!
Against the run of the mill, static as it seems

We break the surface tension with our wild kinetic dreams
Curves and lines -- of grand designs...

Tonight's movie "Soylent Green" has been brought to you by our sponsor - Waste Management

My mind is like a Steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in most states
Starpoint

Postby beakmyn » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:36 am

Nowhere did I say it was "freshly brewed". Take whats left over from yesterday and balance with water and put it back in.
beakmyn

Postby DaKahuna » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:12 am

Maybe someone should change the title of this to coffeeCon instead of ShmooCon
DaKahuna

Postby brwrdrvr » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:18 pm

Well guys. I said "Come hell or high water I would make it to Shmoo this year." This being Louisiana I figured high water would hit before hell, but with an ex wife Hell has it's priorities set on me.

She's WAS planning a trip to Suriname this summer coming. I just found out about it today and I also found out she was going to bring my daughter out of the country with her. After I told her that I didn't give my blessings to do so she has threatened court. So I will have to conserve some cash for "In case there's a court date" fund. Which means that I won't be able to make it. Oh well. Maybe another time. Drink a few Crown and Cokes for me there.
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

Postby Thorn » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:33 pm

Crap. Sorry to hear that.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby brwrdrvr » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:05 pm

Thorn wrote:Crap. Sorry to hear that.

Thanks, Thorn. I was looking forward to seeing you all face to face this year finally, but I just can't seem to justify spending the cash on this trip and not being able to prevent one that deals with my daughter's safety.

Soon my brothers. The Cajun will rise above it all. We can get beat down time and time again and still get up afterwards. Been that way for centuries. :D
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

Postby G8tK33per » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:41 am

brwrdrvr wrote:Thanks, Thorn. I was looking forward to seeing you all face to face this year finally, but I just can't seem to justify spending the cash on this trip and not being able to prevent one that deals with my daughter's safety.

Soon my brothers. The Cajun will rise above it all. We can get beat down time and time again and still get up afterwards. Been that way for centuries. :D

Meh...you ain't missin' nuthin'.
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby brwrdrvr » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:04 am

G8tK33per wrote:Meh...you ain't missin' nuthin'.

Yea I am. I'm going to be missing staying in a hotel, friends nearby, and potentially bedding some DC women. :cool:
brwrdrvr

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic