Shmoocon

Anything non-wireless related

Postby audit » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:29 am

brwrdrvr wrote:Yea I am. I'm going to be missing staying in a hotel, friends nearby, and potentially bedding some DC women. :cool:

Trust me on that, IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!

STD on Leg's or sometimes Leg is more like it in DC.
audit

Postby renderman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:51 pm

Grey and I are probably not going to make it. We've financially stretched ourselves over the past few years to get to everything and it's starting to hurt.

With my usual travel to the east coast no longer covered by Hackcon, that adds cost and Shmoocon always ends up costing a bundle anyways to eat and stay, not to mention just getting there from NYC.

Will miss you all, but short of a large pile of money falling from the sky, I'm gonna have to pull a combo breaker and miss a con. Sux.
renderman

Postby xor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:53 pm

renderman wrote:With my usual travel to the east coast no longer covered by Hackcon, that adds cost and Shmoocon always ends up costing a bundle anyways to eat and stay, not to mention just getting there from NYC.

NYC....what happened to Canada?

xor
It's a dangerous business, going out on the web.
You step onto the information highway, and if you
don't keep your mouse, there's no telling where
you might be swept off to.

New Kind Of Access Point
xor
Mini Stumbler

Postby Barry » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:56 am

xor wrote:NYC....what happened to Canada?

xor

Grey is from NYC.
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Postby renderman » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:01 am

xor wrote:NYC....what happened to Canada?

xor

Normally Hackcon (Norway) would cover my flight to Newark as part of travel to Oslo. I'd just arrange to come out a week or 2 earlier, train into NYC, collect Grey and head south to DC. Without someone else covering that flight, it just makes it that much more expensive and I'm sick of paying interest on my debts.
renderman

Postby xor » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:30 am

renderman wrote:Normally Hackcon (Norway) would cover my flight to Newark as part of travel to Oslo. I'd just arrange to come out a week or 2 earlier, train into NYC, collect Grey and head south to DC. Without someone else covering that flight, it just makes it that much more expensive and I'm sick of paying interest on my debts.

Yes CC interest is bad, very bad. I "try" and keep most to 4 months max. According to Suze Orman you shouldn't try and do anything else financially until you get your cc debit paid off.

xor

New Kind Of Access Point
xor
Mini Stumbler

Postby G8tK33per » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:43 am

xor wrote:Yes CC interest is bad, very bad. I "try" and keep most to 4 months max. According to Suze Orman you shouldn't try and do anything else financially until you get your cc debit paid off.

xor

I'd hit it...
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby Barry » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:08 am

Well duh! She has a pulse!

Looks like I'm not going to make it now either. With being laid off from Esko, and just having to get my E worked on, that just ate my trip money I had saved.
Barry

Postby xor » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:44 pm

Duh, she is a dike. :D

xor

New Kind Of Access Point
xor
Mini Stumbler

Postby xor » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:45 pm

Barry wrote:Well duh! She has a pulse!

Looks like I'm not going to make it now either. With being laid off from Esko, and just having to get my E worked on, that just ate my trip money I had saved.

Sorry to hear about the the layoff. Hopefully it's only temporary. Always around the holidays, just sucks.

xor

New Kind Of Access Point
xor
Mini Stumbler

Postby Barry » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:19 pm

xor wrote:Sorry to hear about the the layoff. Hopefully it's only temporary. Always around the holidays, just sucks.

xor

Yea, they almost always kick people to the curb on holidays. $1800 on the E, shock struts all around, new brake pads up front and new disks, calipers, and pads in the rear. At least we got it on a holiday special! :D Oh, I looked on the way home 118,000 miles. The guy at the shop said they have a guy that comes in every two weeks to get the oil changed in his Element. Same year as mine, but with 600000 miles on it. Said Honda is giving him a new one next year. Going to use it for commercials. He works for the airport and delivers lost luggage to it's owners.
Barry

Postby DaKahuna » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:29 pm

At the rate ticket sales are going, I don't know who is going to be there. Even if I don't get a ticket, if I can find someone to split the hotel room with me, I'll come down and hang out Thursday night through Sunday morning.

Who, other than theprez98, has managed to get a ticket this year?
DaKahuna

Postby xor » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Not me, but if you want to triple with me and Don, I'm sure it will be ok. Also, anyone who has a ticket and wants to time/cost share it with me, I would be up for that to(you of course would have talk preference). I'm all into just hanging out too.

Add one to Lounge/Bar/Lobby con. :D

xor

Should have done Germany....ah most likely would have gotten in trouble over there anyway, oh well.

New Kind Of Access Point
xor
Mini Stumbler

Postby Thorn » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm

I don't have a ticket yet, either. I missed it today, again dammit. Although, I've submitted two talks for the CFP, so there may be some hope there.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby Airstreamer » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Barry wrote:Yea, they almost always kick people to the curb on holidays. $1800 on the E, shock struts all around, new brake pads up front and new disks, calipers, and pads in the rear. At least we got it on a holiday special! :D Oh, I looked on the way home 118,000 miles. The guy at the shop said they have a guy that comes in every two weeks to get the oil changed in his Element. Same year as mine, but with 600000 miles on it. Said Honda is giving him a new one next year. Going to use it for commercials. He works for the airport and [color="Red"]delivers lost luggage to it's owners[/color].

Does he get frequent flyer miles??? :D
"But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know.""

- Rudyard Kipling
Airstreamer

Previous

Return to Off-Topic