The NetStumbler.org 2005 Aprils Fool event. (was: Netstumbler 0.5.0 released!)

Anything non-wireless related

Postby G8tK33per » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:44 am

[quote="The Others"]Don't worry, I'm sure Dutch will a perfect explanation for that ]
Not any time soon, have you noticed his title yet?
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
User avatar
G8tK33per
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:00 am
Location: Goomba's Booty Boardwalk

Postby nashr » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:46 am

G8tK33per wrote:Not any time soon, have you noticed his title yet?


WTF is that all about??? :confused:
Help! I've been Simpsonized!
User avatar
nashr
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2002 6:12 am
Location: Virginia

Postby streaker69 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:47 am

nashr wrote:WTF is that all about??? :confused:


I wonder what it is about too?
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
User avatar
streaker69
 
Posts: 11867
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:09 am
Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby G8tK33per » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:48 am

nashr wrote:WTF is that all about??? :confused:

Loose-lips sink ships, I guess...just noticed it myself actually. Seems that Marius takes his software release schedules quite serious.
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
User avatar
G8tK33per
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:00 am
Location: Goomba's Booty Boardwalk

Postby nashr » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:48 am

streaker69 wrote:I wonder what it is about too?


I'm not buying it. Didn't you notice the wink ;) when the threat was posted?
Help! I've been Simpsonized!
User avatar
nashr
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2002 6:12 am
Location: Virginia

Postby streaker69 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:49 am

[quote="nashr"]I'm not buying it. Didn't you notice the wink ]

Yeah, I'm not buying it either, cause I think aFR needs to do some coding for what you can have at your avatar. ;)
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
User avatar
streaker69
 
Posts: 11867
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:09 am
Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby The Others » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:52 am

G8tK33per wrote:Not any time soon, have you noticed his title yet?


Well, nashr gets my vote for the empty post of mod. That is assuming banned people can't mod anymore? It says on the front page that they can...
all good ends all

?u=273
User avatar
The Others
 
Posts: 2910
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:27 am
Location: Dos Palabras, Mandoras

Postby G8tK33per » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:56 am

The Others wrote:Well, nashr gets my vote for the empty post of mod. That is assuming banned people can't mod anymore? It says on the front page that they can...

They can't. Once you've been banned and logoff/leave the site you are unable to log back in/access the site. Unless one registers under a different username as we have seen multiple times. We can't yet tie the bannings to the IP addresses at this time.
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
User avatar
G8tK33per
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:00 am
Location: Goomba's Booty Boardwalk

Postby streaker69 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:58 am

G8tK33per wrote:They can't. Once you've been banned and logoff/leave the site you are unable to log back in/access the site. Unless one registers under a different username as we have seen multiple times. We can't yet tie the bannings to the IP addresses at this time.


I don't understand why not? I've written a Vbscript on some of my websites that I can ban based upon IP. It only takes a few lines of code, and a redirect page. I keep a database of IP's that I wish to ban and then just include a code page to check the inbound IP against the database. It works well.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
User avatar
streaker69
 
Posts: 11867
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:09 am
Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby G8tK33per » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:01 am

aFR can block IP space, the banning process now just bans the username without any association to the IP(s) of said user. Didn't mean to imply that it can't be done, it's just not happening here yet.
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
User avatar
G8tK33per
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:00 am
Location: Goomba's Booty Boardwalk

Postby streaker69 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:04 am

G8tK33per wrote:aFR can block IP space, the banning process now just bans the username without any association to the IP(s) of said user. Didn't mean to imply that it can't be done, it's just not happening here yet.


Ok, no problem. Don't wanna make more work for aFR anyway, but I do have a thought about what you said about that they don't get banned until they log off, if that is true.

Why not, upon a refresh in the same subroutine that checks if you have new PM's and increments the counter of PM's, check for the status of the user, if they're banned, then force a Logon/off status change. Then it would be pretty much automatic right? Not that I know how vb is written, but if that isn't the way it's written it might be something to look into.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
User avatar
streaker69
 
Posts: 11867
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:09 am
Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby G8tK33per » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:06 am

streaker69 wrote:Ok, no problem. Don't wanna make more work for aFR anyway, but I do have a thought about what you said about that they don't get banned until they log off, if that is true.

Why not, upon a refresh in the same subroutine that checks if you have new PM's and increments the counter of PM's, check for the status of the user, if they're banned, then force a Logon/off status change. Then it would be pretty much automatic right? Not that I know how vb is written, but if that isn't the way it's written it might be something to look into.

Agreed, there have been many times when someone has been banned and they continue to troll thru the forums.
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
User avatar
G8tK33per
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:00 am
Location: Goomba's Booty Boardwalk

Postby streaker69 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:08 am

Another way to do it would be to setup a refresh clock that would automatically refresh the page. (Something I'd really like here so I didn't have to hit refresh) It could be set for 5 minutes. Upon the refresh it would run the subroutine I mentioned from the previous post.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
User avatar
streaker69
 
Posts: 11867
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:09 am
Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby Madhadder » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:35 am

OK, I can see that this topic sure got Hijack'ed.....

So back to the program....

I think re mastering the ISO is Deff. Required. Also instead of Kanopix
why not intregrate with a Distro that was made for security audits
AKA: Knoppix-STD granted the current ver. is big (430mb) but it's still
300mb smaller and is geared towards what 90% of the forums users do..
Legends may sleep, but they never die!!!!
User avatar
Madhadder
 
Posts: 1619
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 5:37 am
Location: Munich, Germany

Postby The Others » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:40 am

Madhadder wrote:OK, I can see that this topic sure got Hijack'ed.....

So back to the program....

I think re mastering the ISO is Deff. Required. Also instead of Kanopix
why not intregrate with a Distro that was made for security audits
AKA: Knoppix-STD granted the current ver. is big (430mb) but it's still
300mb smaller and is geared towards what 90% of the forums users do..


I think the idea of a live CD needs to be dropped before anything can really happen. Kismet works well for many people and is available on a variety of live CDs. It was released in the usual manner first, however. Building live CDs is someone elses job, let the knoppix developers put it on. If this new netstumbler exists, let's jsut see the source for it.
all good ends all

?u=273
User avatar
The Others
 
Posts: 2910
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:27 am
Location: Dos Palabras, Mandoras

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron