Alberta, Canada

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

Postby c-mag » Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:19 pm

Originally posted by Gish
Yes I saw that article too and wrote him an e-mail as well.
Terrible terrible article
(For those of you interested I scanned it and put it online Linked here )

Speaking of the "graffiti" thing, what the he77 is Pesto? I've seen it in downtown Calgary hundreds of times and now there's one here too.
Stumblematopoeia!
c-mag

Postby jjkaczor » Fri Aug 30, 2002 6:31 am

Still no reply from "Mr." D'Amour, anyone ever see an email response from this guy? Doesn't even return voicemail.
jjkaczor

Postby renderman » Fri Aug 30, 2002 6:53 am

Any luck tracking down to cop? Have we had anyone say they know of him?
renderman

Postby jjkaczor » Fri Aug 30, 2002 6:57 am

Originally posted by renderman
Any luck tracking down to cop? Have we had anyone say they know of him?

Hmmm, wait a minute, I don't know if this is usual police policy, but he's supposed to be with the "Crime Prevention Unit", possibly someone/the same unit they send around to schools, etc. I wonder if Sgt. Fulkerth isn't just a handle?
jjkaczor

Postby Gish » Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:05 am

Good interview on the CBC radio this morning jjkaczor. That was you right?
I just caught it on my drive into work this morning. Makes me wonder now if we are going to see a distinct increase in WEP (even though you mentioned it's useless) in our area.
I'm going to have to make sure to start keeping seperate lists now to track the increase.
Gish
Mini Stumbler

Postby jjkaczor » Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:09 am

Originally posted by Gish
Good interview on the CBC radio this morning jjkaczor. That was you right?
I just caught it on my drive into work this morning. Makes me wonder now if we are going to see a distinct increase in WEP (even though you mentioned it's useless) in our area.
I'm going to have to make sure to start keeping seperate lists now to track the increase.

Yep, that was me. My wife is happy I didn't embarrass her too much... but now worried that I won't be able to fit me head through the door tonight...

I *seem* to have noticed a WEP increase in the last two weeks, but I've only started keeping seperate lists 3 days ago...

Hmmm, marius, if you are reading this thread, does netstumbler keep a complete internal log of responses (I love the signal graphing, so I'm thinking it does) over time? What about the status of the found APs' over time? So, if an AP was non-WEP during one run, then a seperate run, merged with a result where it is WEP'd, does NS log this? I will post this question elsewhere.
jjkaczor

Postby jjkaczor » Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:10 am

Originally posted by jjkaczor

Hmmm, wait a minute, I don't know if this is usual police policy, but he's supposed to be with the "Crime Prevention Unit", possibly someone/the same unit they send around to schools, etc. I wonder if Sgt. Fulkerth isn't just a handle?

Well, I tracked down the following, sent a message, it may or may not be helpful.

cps@calgarypolice.ca

Direct email to the "Crime Prevention Unit".
jjkaczor

Postby jjkaczor » Fri Aug 30, 2002 8:06 am

Well, CBC TV may not show, they are having problems getting an available reporter on the long weekend. Which is a "likely story"... no sarcastic intended, CBC is publically funded, and the funds are at an all-time low...
jjkaczor

Postby renderman » Fri Aug 30, 2002 8:15 am

Whoever shows up, shows up. It would be neat to get a reporter out, but I can the fact they are having trouble (I only found out yesterday that it was a long weekend) is understandable.

BTW, if you do take any reporters along the drive up HWY 2, make sure you have trouble with the laptop just outside bowden. Leave that one for us to have fun with later.

Can't wait to hear the radio interview though.
renderman

Postby jjkaczor » Fri Aug 30, 2002 8:47 am

Originally posted by renderman
Whoever shows up, shows up. It would be neat to get a reporter out, but I can the fact they are having trouble (I only found out yesterday that it was a long weekend) is understandable.

BTW, if you do take any reporters along the drive up HWY 2, make sure you have trouble with the laptop just outside bowden. Leave that one for us to have fun with later.

Can't wait to hear the radio interview though.

urgle, grunt, damn. I tried 5 different things this morning to save the realaudio stream, I couldn't get a copy (my biggest failure was not having a winamp 2.x series installed, 3 is now out, but doesn't have the number of plug-ins 2.x did...).

However, I will contact them, see if they have it canned, I'd think they would.

well, no problem, looks like; "I'll be all alone without you" (as sung by Donkey/Shrek) I'll have my tunes cranked...

if I'm alone (probability nearing 100%), I'm going to get up close in bowden... I will save it in a seperate file, I'm very curious about bowden.
jjkaczor

Postby c-mag » Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:55 am

What's up with Bowden?
Stumblematopoeia!
c-mag

Postby renderman » Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:59 am

Never you mind.

That's one for me and jjkaczor to know and have some fun with later.

Belive me, you;ll hear about it
renderman

Postby jjkaczor » Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:37 am

<yawn>well, attack of the insomniac hits again. 2:49am, no sleep, looks like I will get much more of Calgary mapped before I hit the Red Deer rendevous than I initially expected.</yawn>

See you there!

Weather seems to be clear, and holding.

http://www2.alberta.com/weather/ab.html
jjkaczor

Postby renderman » Sat Aug 31, 2002 2:29 am

Try 4:45 am sucker. Frisky females can really distract you from the task at hand.

See you there, order the beer ahead of me
renderman

Postby jjkaczor » Sat Aug 31, 2002 6:48 pm

What a zoo. but man what fun. I found over 300 AP's in a 2-hour period before leaving Calgary this morning, without even trying... I still have barely covered a fifth of the city...

Once we merged our Red Deer data, and I stumbled home, my total was 494, so subtract about 40 for the combined Red Deer trip, not too shabby...

Has anyone seen if RDTV has aired us yet? Or, will it be 11pm? I haven't heard from them to send-off the tally.

Render, you around, or partying?
jjkaczor

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stumblers