Alberta, Canada

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

Postby Chris » Sat Aug 31, 2002 6:57 pm

Hey, could you guys send me a copy of the ns1 for your drive?

I would like to post all the WorldWide Wardrive stuff in a special section on the tribe. I will send ours to you after we do it next weekend.
perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'
Chris

Postby renderman » Sat Aug 31, 2002 6:57 pm

Partying of course.

I had alot of fun too. Proved that wardrivers are safer than normal drivers too. With the camera guy in the back we nearly got run off the road my some ass in a van talking on a cell phone.

I've PM'd you the contact for RDTV. I'll email her myself as well and we can find out the schedual.

Render
renderman

Postby jjkaczor » Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:06 pm

Originally posted by Chris
Hey, could you guys send me a copy of the ns1 for your drive?

I would like to post all the WorldWide Wardrive stuff in a special section on the tribe. I will send ours to you after we do it next weekend.

We haven't done a final merge yet, but of course, we would like to collect a final tally for the "world" for the day.

I've got a couple versions, sanitized (no names), normal, etc.
jjkaczor

Postby c-mag » Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:02 pm

Any chance it'll air on Global Calgary, Global Edmonton or CBC Calgary? We don't get RDTV here. (But we get channels from Calgary and Edmontonchuck. Go figure.)
Stumblematopoeia!
c-mag

Postby c-mag » Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:04 pm

If so, I can point at the TV and say "Look! That's what we did all the way to Gimli and back and you didn't know what I was doing!"
Stumblematopoeia!
c-mag

Postby jjkaczor » Sun Sep 01, 2002 5:27 am

Originally posted by c-mag
Any chance it'll air on Global Calgary, Global Edmonton or CBC Calgary? We don't get RDTV here. (But we get channels from Calgary and Edmontonchuck. Go figure.)

It's channel 50 on shaw. It twas on last night... well, not too badly butchered, at least not slanted against us.
jjkaczor

Postby c-mag » Sun Sep 01, 2002 1:55 pm

Originally posted by jjkaczor

It's channel 50 on shaw. It twas on last night... well, not too badly butchered, at least not slanted against us.

...channel 50 on shaw is RDTV.

Any chance it'll be posted to the web?
Stumblematopoeia!
c-mag

Postby renderman » Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:37 am

Sorry it took so long.

I've got the maps and results posted from our outing on the 31st.

http://www.renderlab.net/projects/wardrive/reddeer/

Send photo's or anything else you think should be up there

Render
renderman

Postby c-mag » Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:49 pm

fwiw, Ronald McDonald House Calgary has a wap. Otherwise, it looks like you've got everything I already had.
Stumblematopoeia!
c-mag

Postby jjkaczor » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:48 pm

fwiw, Ronald McDonald House Calgary has a wap. Otherwise, it looks like you've got everything I already had.

Yeah, I had got some repeats, but I figured I'd just start a new file for the day, the media doesn't have to know everything.

Have you contacted them regarding lockdown (or are they?), as a charitable organization they have fixed budgets, helping them lock it down freely is good PR.
jjkaczor

Postby c-mag » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:50 pm

Originally posted by jjkaczor

Yeah, I had got some repeats, but I figured I'd just start a new file for the day, the media doesn't have to know everything.

Have you contacted them regarding lockdown (or are they?), as a charitable organization they have fixed budgets, helping them lock it down freely is good PR.

Not yet. Maybe next time I visit my sister. She lives right across the street from it :)
Stumblematopoeia!
c-mag

Postby jjkaczor » Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:29 pm

Not yet. Maybe next time I visit my sister. She lives right across the street from it :)

Chuckle. I love it when that happens. I drove to Vancouver, and stumbled onto my uncle-in-laws' street. When they ask about the gear, I told them all about stumbling. They wouldn't believe how many there were, so within a minute or two, I had fired up mappoint - mapped the run, and was please to find one just across the street from them...
jjkaczor

Postby renderman » Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:26 pm

Wwll I just experienced probobly the wierdest thing. People wanting to take my picture who were not FEDS.

I went out yesterday with the Photographer from PROFIT magazine and had a bunch of artsy shots of me sitting on a cement block with my gear with manulife place in the background. It was truely bizzare.

Article is due out in October. I've been promised a stack. It should be a good article and show that Alberta is'nt quite as ass backwards technically speaking as people think.

jjkaczor: you still up for a run on Wednsday?
renderman

Postby jjkaczor » Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:49 pm

Originally posted by renderman
Wwll I just experienced probobly the wierdest thing. People wanting to take my picture who were not FEDS.

jjkaczor: you still up for a run on Wednsday?

Not wednesday, but thursday, ma wife does not want me to go/be anywhere that day. And this week has an odd schedule, I am in edmonton for 30 more minutes, back to calgary for tomorrow, and back to edmonton for thursday.
jjkaczor

Postby renderman » Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:48 pm

Boy am I glad I don't have a boss.

Call me thursday then
renderman

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stumblers