California

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

been around

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:23 pm

ive been all over. i passed by hughes aircraft and found an ap without wep turned on. almost all of the ap's are not using wep. it may be crackable but it isnt useless. in addition to that i have found several ap's that are not even using mac filtering. i have done el segundo downtown la, manhattan beach, hollywood, westside and more. Its really a lot of fun. i am going to buy a cheap ipaq and gps and plug my gold card into it so i can do more walking. you can get into several buildings downtown and walk around so im looking forward to that.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 10, 2001 2:15 pm

I really want to make my way downtown; I have been driving around with my setup and had LOTS of luck. I'm using an Orinoco Gold and http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/hg2407u.html the hyperlink addition made a huge difference in reception. I will take a few pics of my setup and post them somewhere soon.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 10, 2001 2:35 pm

Downtown LA has many open points. However, I find more access points in low rise office areas and the more industrial areas.

Downtown LA would be great for War Walking up and down elevators.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 10, 2001 4:13 pm

I definitely agree that Industrial parks have lots of open access points. is anyone here involved with the 23.org wireless project?

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 10, 2001 4:27 pm

thanks for the 23.org information!

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 18, 2001 2:10 am

probably the closest thing out there is:

http://www.airshare.org

it was started near the end of last month and has a fairly decent size user base. not too much into wardriving though.

-h1kari

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 18, 2001 10:24 pm

Lots of AP's on Ventura Blvd. from Woodland Hills to Studio City.

Bakersfield, CA?

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 27, 2001 3:26 pm

This city sucks.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2001 11:59 am

I wouldnt think one could find much out there.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:27 am

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 15, 2001 4:22 pm

503 access points found so far in LA area:

http://wireless.pasadena.net/lamap.gif

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 20, 2001 11:06 am

Anyone stumbling in the South Bay? Torrance, Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan, etc???

OC in the house?

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 25, 2001 6:57 pm

I'd like to hookup for some tag-team wardriving, log exchange, etc.

I'm especially interested in seeing some *nix rigs, as mine is currently Win only.

I'm working on a comprehensive db of OC AP's.

Any 23.org ppl in here?

That name again is Mr. Plow.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 26, 2001 2:33 pm

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 01, 2001 6:08 pm

Cal State's library building off of Stockdale Highway has an open, WEP-free network that's directly connected to the Internet. Their connection is faster than you'd think, too.

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stumblers