California

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

Postby bungopah » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:19 am

is this free?
bungopah
Mini Stumbler

Postby fregniacciaro » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:30 am

Only the expo hall IF you register in advance ($50 at the door).

The conference sessions are about $600 each, or $1400 for three days.

It's a little steep for my budget...:(
When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today, I'm gonna read it to you.

Rompipalle della Chiesa del WiFi
SHAMELESS PLUG!

"Are you trying to irritate my colon ? Because if you are, I'll shit all over you in such a way you'll end up in a sanatorium, never to be heard from again."
--Dutch
fregniacciaro

Postby fregniacciaro » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:45 am

Oh yea... There's also an RSA Conference coming up at the end of February in San Francisco.
When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today, I'm gonna read it to you.

Rompipalle della Chiesa del WiFi
SHAMELESS PLUG!

"Are you trying to irritate my colon ? Because if you are, I'll shit all over you in such a way you'll end up in a sanatorium, never to be heard from again."
--Dutch
fregniacciaro

Postby Eyecannon » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:41 pm

I live in Santa Monica, and am into wardriving again...
No, officer, YOU are under arrest!

http://eyecannon.com/wardrive.html
Eyecannon

Postby King_Ice_Flash » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:51 am

Originally posted by Wickedinterface
Its the one with the SSID of HackMe.

I think I remember one of those being listed in the funny names for APs
"Yeah," said a voice from under the table, "you go to pieces so fast people get hit by the shrapnel."
King_Ice_Flash

Visalia / Fresno / Bakersfield / California

Postby dmanduffie » Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:16 pm

I'm from the small town of Visalia CA, it's in the central valley right about an hour south of Fresno, and an hour north of Bakersfield.

I was wondering if there are any others on this forum from my area, i'm looking for war driving buddies because I havn't met anyone else around here who even knows what it is when I talk about it.

For being such a small area i've found ALOT of ap's, 75+% of them are completly unsecured, most having default ssid's.

If you're from the central valley area go ahead and email me or msg me on aim my screenname is "ex0us", and reply in the forums i'd love to see how many, if any, others are driving around with antennas on their cars too :)
dmanduffie

Central Cali

Postby biilp » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:28 pm

There are a couple of us in the Coarsegold / Oakhurst area.

With 2 WIsp's in the area we like to keep them honest ;)

Email is fine or post here and we'll see if we can't hook up.

Bill
biilp
Mini Stumbler

Nobody but nobody yet?

Postby weeno » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:44 pm

anybody in fresno?
principles before personalities
weeno
Mini Stumbler

In fresno

Postby weeno » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:51 pm

Well folks, there is a new sherriff in town......because this town is wide open.......not as much as when cushcush was roaming the territory. A 15 minute ride home exposed 21 AP's and that was in the "hood". As soon as I goto the north side, the side with some money. We should see much more. Soon to add a GPS with Mappoint. Any locals, drop me a line and swap some info.
weeno
Mini Stumbler

Postby moneyman1978 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:35 am

Well i am not in fresno I am in Avenal but i travel to fresno often and i work in Lemoor only open ap's are in Hanford and here at the college. But i need to check if there is anything off the I-5 Someone if you got a map of access points off of the I-5 drop me alin so i can check them out.
moneyman1978
Mini Stumbler

Postby weeno » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:33 pm

Haven't been out that way yet. Just got my mappoint up and running. Slowing starting to map the Fresno area out. But once I hit the road and if I'm out that way, I'll surely post it.
weeno
Mini Stumbler

Any Stumblers in the Pasadena area

Postby yellowjelly » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:42 pm

Just curious. I spend most of my time around my home but it's getting boring. Pasadena has some great areas to stumble around. It seemed like almost every other home had a WAP.

Later
yellowjelly
Mini Stumbler

Postby Eyecannon » Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:24 pm

Sup, I live in Santa Monica, but I've done Pasadena before... there's tons there, just like most places in LA, especially in Old Town.

http://www.socalwug.com
No, officer, YOU are under arrest!

http://eyecannon.com/wardrive.html
Eyecannon

WarDriving in Silicon Valley

Postby netdisciple » Sun May 09, 2004 9:11 am

If anyone wants to check out my ns1 files, post back to this thread and i'll arrange for them to be downloaded from somewhere.

My setup is a brand new thinkpad/t41 running winxp/sp1 at patch-level, scanning with ns 0.4 and a new earthmate/usb with the serial emulation drivers from delorme. I also have a Aironet 340 pcmcia card running in promisc mode (unchecked IP driver in network settings, on both wireless devices, i might add, i.e. no DHCP requests from my setup) and capturing with wildpackets airopeek 2.0.
netdisciple
Mini Stumbler

Postby iceburn68 » Sun May 09, 2004 9:25 am

netdisciple wrote:If anyone wants to check out my ns1 files, post back to this thread and i'll arrange for them to be downloaded from somewhere.

My setup is a brand new thinkpad/t41 running winxp/sp1 at patch-level, scanning with ns 0.4 and a new earthmate/usb with the serial emulation drivers from delorme. I also have a Aironet 340 pcmcia card running in promisc mode (unchecked IP driver in network settings, on both wireless devices, i might add, i.e. no DCHP requests from my setup) and capturing with wildpackets airopeek 2.0.

I'll be glad to make ya a map if you don't have the software to make one . . . otherwise being from NJ, I wouldn't even know what I was looking at . . .
iceburn68
Mini Stumbler

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stumblers