California

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

Postby Dr3D1zzl3 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:09 pm

i cant let CA be on the bottom of the second page... call it an ego thing if you must.
O praeclarum custodem ovium lupum!
Dr3D1zzl3

Southern California

Postby mandalek » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:40 am

Hi All:

I am putting together a section on my website that shows sites found by NetStumber. If you want to submit your .ns1 files please do. You can email them to me at mandalek@4desertwireless.net. The site is going up at http://www.4desertwireless.net.

It does not look great right now, but I am going to set it up using Microsoft's mapping service so that a viewer can click on the map an drill down to street level.

Thanks for your help.

Matt
mandalek

Postby Voltron » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:33 pm

Ill be stumblin again as soon as my new rig is set up. Had to sell my laptop a while back and now im getting an ipaq to do some walking and driving in the Temple City, Arcadia, W. Covina, and Pasadena areas.
Voltron
Mini Stumbler

Postby candy-man » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:32 pm

My friends and I have stumbled most of Orange County and parts of LA County. We have found over 15,000 APs. Feel free to email me to check if we've hit the same ones.
candy-man
Mini Stumbler

Postby Nybbles » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:22 am

Just curious if there's anyone in this thread around Sacramento?

I recently started WarDriving the Sac area, and have already discovered over 4000 Access Points with GPS location data, with almost 3500 being new submissions to WiGLE!

So are there any other Sac-area people?!
Nybbles

Palm Springs Wireless Users and Wardrivers

Postby mandalek » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:09 pm

I constantly do war driving in the East part of Southern California. I travel from the Banning area to Arizona to Mexico.

Check out my website and if you have any .ns1 files to add to it, please send them to me.

Also, does anyone know if there is a Palm Springs wireless group?

Matt
Matt Mandalek
The NOC
877-868-9131
[url=http://]www.thenoc.us[/url]
matt@thenoc.us

74040 Highway #111, Suite JJ-1, Palm Desert, CA 92260
53570 Marian View Drive, Idyllwild, CA 92549-3731
mandalek

Postby fungus » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:09 pm

Come out to http://www.socalwug.org to one of our meetings.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"][color="Blue"]Work: http://www.wlanparts.com BLOG: http://www.unwiredadventures.com Fun: http://www.socalwug.org[/color][/SIZE][/SIZE]
fungus
Mini Stumbler

California2

Postby thief of dreams » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:12 pm

Marin County, Novato area... any takers?
thief of dreams
Mini Stumbler

San Francisco

Postby milk » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:24 am

Anyone in San Francisco?

christian.wgi@gmail.com

send me an e-mail.
milk
Mini Stumbler

Postby Foxgguy2001 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:40 am

Anyone in riverside cali?
Foxgguy2001
Mini Stumbler

Alive in South Bay, L.A.!

Postby Pirate555 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:24 am

Yes!

Very new to all of this, but please see my post on the Antenex Yagi. Rather than repeat myself, you will know much more about my efforts from my post.

I did run into one snag... my Viao laptop requires 19 VDC and my battery only lasts for one hour or so. Not good.

I am considering trying a 12 VDC to 120 VAC inverter I own, but I am concerned about voltage regulation? WOW! I just read the spec on my AC supply and it says INPUT 100-240 Volts and I see no switch to select between the two? I doubt if it will truly operate across that entire range? If it really did, I would be lots less concerned about the output voltage stability of my inverter.

Guess I can at least try it and measure the AC voltage out of the inverter in action. My DVM has a min-max feature so that will be very helpfull too. I'm sure there is also internal regulation, but I had better test everything one step at a time ~ AC wise.

Until I get the power suppy problem resolved I am somewhat grounded, darn it.

Film at 11:00!
Pirate555

Anyone other than me stumbling around the Los Angeles area?
Pirate555

Postby wrzwaldo » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:27 am

Pirate555 wrote:Yes!

Very new to all of this, but please see my post on the Antenex Yagi. Rather than repeat myself, you will know much more about my efforts from my post.

Seen it and wish it was binned!

I did run into one snag... my Viao laptop requires 19 VDC and my battery only lasts for one hour or so. Not good.

I am considering trying a 12 VDC to 120 VAC inverter I own, but I am concerned about voltage regulation? WOW! I just read the spec on my AC supply and it says INPUT 100-240 Volts and I see no switch to select between the two? I doubt if it will truly operate across that entire range? If it really did, I would be lots less concerned about the output voltage stability of my inverter.

I bet it will (auto sensing)!
wrzwaldo

Postby streaker69 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:28 am

Pirate555 wrote:Yes!

Guess I can at least try it and measure the AC voltage out of the inverter in action. My DVM has a min-max feature so that will be very helpfull too. I'm sure there is also internal regulation, but I had better test everything one step at a time ~ AC wise.

Until I get the power suppy problem resolved I am somewhat grounded, darn it.

Film at 11:00!
Pirate555

If there is no switch to select input voltage then there is an internal sensor to detemine the input and regulate the output accordingly, that's why they make regulators. Chances are, that device is also designed to run on either 50hz or 60hz.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

More info please?

Postby Pirate555 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:34 am

I tried your link, but it was loaded with products. I did a search for 'Hyperlink', but still didn't find anything specifc?

Also, there are LOT's of 'downtowns' in California ~ which one?

Thanks!
Pirate555

I really want to make my way downtown]http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/hg2407u.html[/url] the hyperlink addition made a huge difference in reception. I will take a few pics of my setup and post them somewhere soon.
Pirate555

Postby streaker69 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:37 am

Pirate555 wrote:I tried your link, but it was loaded with products. I did a search for 'Hyperlink', but still didn't find anything specifc?

Also, there are LOT's of 'downtowns' in California ~ which one?

Thanks!
Pirate555

http://www.netstumbler.org/showpost.php?p=1016&postcount=17

There's the post that you quoted in this message.

I wonder why the link doesn't have what was original spoken of. Jesus, go read the rules.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stumblers