California

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

Find out...

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 01, 2002 1:39 pm

....by stumbling the area yourself?

OneGuy

Surfing

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 01, 2002 4:38 pm

Burnt Sushi, you in the San Pedro area?

im Rancho Palos Verdes, does that starbucks have access, or are you referring to the cox demo room next door?

mesach

Re: Starbucks

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 01, 2002 4:45 pm

You can surf from any seat in that Starbucks...Don't run any SNMP scans though, as it temporarily locks up the cheap AP that they are using.

-Burnt Sushi

P.S. and yea, I'm in San Pedro.

Where's Shutters

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 01, 2002 9:55 pm

Where is Shutters? Cross-streets or address, please.

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:05 am

I'm a newbie, so I can't quite stumble yet. Shutters is near Ocean Ave and Pico Blvd on Santa Moinca Beach.

I've found

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:41 pm

11 APs in that area from the 10 and PCH. That's near Ocean & Pico. If you are checking if your AP shows up, email me an SSID or actual street address and I'll check it out.

e-me: mo< at >transstellar< dot >com

How about OC

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 02, 2002 11:48 pm

I'm located in the Orange County area. Anyone who is intrested in meeting up and brainstorming, let me know.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:34 am

Thanks Carbolic. I was wondering if I should get the right PC card to stumble, and your answer encouraged me to go ahead. Do I need an external antenna too?

OC here

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:55 pm

Hey,

I am in OC also, Orange actually. Would like to meet up sometime. Want to investigate the wireless over at the block a little more. Have you seen that one?

cubicledroid out

The block

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2002 4:02 pm

I'm located in the heart of OC. Not too far from the Block. I haven't been there more than once but it would be cool to check out the Wi-fi there. Soon as my MS classes are over i'll let you know and perhaps we can meet up.

Ext Ant

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:08 pm

You don't *need* an external antenna. But you will pick up a lot more with one. There's lots of stuff about them elsewhere on here. Search the forums, or look under the Hardware section.

Also check out www.transstellar.com/wireless for my comparison of the fab-corp, orinoco, and lucent internal antennas.

Napa/Fairfield/Santa Rosa

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:12 pm

I commute from Santa Rosa to Fairfield daily and started wardriving the commute earlier this week. I've found almost 40 AP's so far.

FUNGUS

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 04, 2002 4:31 pm

yeah i hit it every time i drive up Hill and get near New York your actually not that far from my house.

ONE MORE funny thing

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 04, 2002 4:43 pm

in Monrovia off of Myrtle and Lyme......there is a coffee shop charging for internet access...wireless internet access...now the funny thing is if your sitting at the shop you can connect to the building behind it and get at hell of a lot better speed for your connection.....and the coffee shop is so dense they probly do not even know it....bunch of teens working there anyways....OH FUNGUS lemme know your email so i can send you my ICQ aim MSN yahoo irc or what ever you use so we can hook up and compare notes one day...i have some questions ithink would be too stupid to ask here....hehe

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:24 pm

My email: fungus@pasadena.net

Anyone interested in having an LA area wireless meeting, please email.

Like you, I'm hooked on this stuff: http://pasadena.net/apmap/

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stumblers