Colorado

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

Postby agentgrn » Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:44 pm

You lucky bastards in the frontier...count me in on this! :)

I'm moving to Westminster, CO in about 4 weeks. :)
-A.G.-
agentgrn

Postby hratch » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:31 pm

well goddamnit agentgrn... we'll have to hook up

i think we need a head count of the people still reading this forum and living in colorado. i tried (man...i gues it was about march of this year) to meet some of you guys, but it didn't work out.
hratch

Postby quantez420 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:57 pm

D Town baby yeha...
quantez420

Postby Novilio » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:09 pm

Originally posted by hratch
i think we need a head count of the people still reading this forum and living in colorado. i tried (man...i gues it was about march of this year) to meet some of you guys, but it didn't work out.

Yup. Last time it was my fault, sorry. But I'm in Colorado (Springs, could toss a rock--hard--and hit Fort Carson from my front porch) and would like to meet other guys from the forum. Jaffo's here too, and we've emailed a lot but haven't been able to connect.

I'm not sure who else is still active. drnazo used to be here, but he hasn't answered my recent pm's.

--73-

--Novilio
Novilio

Postby WiFiLinux » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:14 am

I'm in the mile high city.

:cool:

p.s. great book Novilio
WiFiLinux

Postby noizybum » Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:26 pm

Anyone near Highlands Ranch?
noizybum
Mini Stumbler

Postby WhiteFish » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:54 am

Do we still have any active stumblers in Colorado Springs? We need to get a list together if possible.
All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.
WhiteFish

Postby Novilio » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:35 am

Originally posted by WhiteFish
Do we still have any active stumblers in Colorado Springs? We need to get a list together if possible.
I'm here, and will be for a good long while, recent 110 MPH wind gusts (which tore down our back fence and tossed a slat through my office window) notwithstanding.

I believe Jaffo is still here somewhere, though he's been quiet recently.

I propose what CBers used to call an "eyeball," down at Pike's Perk on S. Tejon. The local Delphi hackers meet there monthly, and it's a good place. The other possibility is the new Panera Bread at the refurbished Southgate plaza, which has free Wi-Fi and reasonable coffee.

The Delphi group coordinates through meetup.com. There is a Wi-Fi group there, at:

http://wifi.meetup.com/

Couple more people and we'd have critical mass there. Jaffo and I have both signed up; I don't know if there are any other stumblers on the list. Give it a shot.

--73--

--Novilio
Novilio

Postby WhiteFish » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:26 am

Signed up, no problem meeting pretty much anywhere. I live on the east side but work on the west. Downtown is fine.
WhiteFish

Postby WhiteFish » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:35 pm

Over Christmas I was able to do from CS to Pagosa. Not too much going on through Pueblo or Walsenberg, but Alamosa had 13 or so via the main drag, and Pagosa had 11. Once I get the files uploaded, I'll post a map.

Still need to do a more detailed drive through the NE section as well as Rockrimmon.
WhiteFish

Postby hguzman » Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:30 am

[quote]Originally posted by Novilio
[B]I'm here, and will be for a good long while, recent 110 MPH wind gusts (which tore down our back fence and tossed a slat through my office window) notwithstanding.

I believe Jaffo is still here somewhere, though he's been quiet recently.

I propose what CBers used to call an "eyeball," down at Pike's Perk on S. Tejon. The local Delphi hackers meet there monthly, and it's a good place. The other possibility is the new Panera Bread at the refurbished Southgate plaza, which has free Wi-Fi and reasonable coffee.

The Delphi group coordinates through meetup.com. There is a Wi-Fi group there, at:

http://wifi.meetup.com/

Couple more people and we'd have critical mass there. Jaffo and I have both signed up; I don't know if there are any other stumblers on the list. Give it a shot.

I just signed up for the meetup on Feb 11th at Chili's. Have you made any luck getting folks to show up? I now get to work with WIFI on my job, so I'm all over the technology, learning all I can. I recently aquired a 14 day working copy of AirMagnet on my laptop. Its an awesome tool. It sees WIFI devices that have beacons turned off. It works with my Cisco 350 series card. I know Jaffo but have not seen him in awhile.
hguzman
Mini Stumbler

Postby Novilio » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:11 am

Originally posted by hguzman

I just signed up for the meetup on Feb 11th at Chili's. Have you made any luck getting folks to show up? I now get to work with WIFI on my job, so I'm all over the technology, learning all I can. I recently aquired a 14 day working copy of AirMagnet on my laptop. Its an awesome tool. It sees WIFI devices that have beacons turned off. It works with my Cisco 350 series card. I know Jaffo but have not seen him in awhile.

Meetup.com has cancelled every single one of the Wi-Fi meetups so far because fewer than 5 people RSVPd. So I don't know if people show up because we haven't had one yet. Of the five meetups I signed up for, only the Delphi meetup has actually happened, and that mainly because of all the TurboPower guys who still live here in the Springs.

I hate to say it, but by simple bad luck I'll be up in Denver on the 11th for a radio interview and may not be back down in time to make the meetup. However, that's no reason not to go down there and see if you can find people. There's supposedly a Meetup host, whose responsibility is to make a Meetup sign so people can find each other. I don't know him but you should look for the sign or ask at the restaurant seating desk.

Once the group becomes cohesive and we all trade emails, we can move the venue without paying Meetup. The Delphi meetup now meets at Panera Bread in Southgate because they have free Wi-Fi there, and the food is good too. I suspect Chili's is OK, but it's kind of noisy.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. I'll try to be there in March, but I'll be moving to my new house sometime early-mid March and I don't know how wrecked I'll be. (I'll still be in town--we had a house built for us on the slopes of Cheyenne Mountain.)

--73--

--Novilio
Novilio

Postby hguzman » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:53 am

Originally posted by Novilio
Meetup.com has cancelled every single one of the Wi-Fi meetups so far because fewer than 5 people RSVPd. So I don't know if people show up because we haven't had one yet. Of the five meetups I signed up for, only the Delphi meetup has actually happened, and that mainly because of all the TurboPower guys who still live here in the Springs.

I hate to say it, but by simple bad luck I'll be up in Denver on the 11th for a radio interview and may not be back down in time to make the meetup. However, that's no reason not to go down there and see if you can find people. There's supposedly a Meetup host, whose responsibility is to make a Meetup sign so people can find each other. I don't know him but you should look for the sign or ask at the restaurant seating desk.

Once the group becomes cohesive and we all trade emails, we can move the venue without paying Meetup. The Delphi meetup now meets at Panera Bread in Southgate because they have free Wi-Fi there, and the food is good too. I suspect Chili's is OK, but it's kind of noisy.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. I'll try to be there in March, but I'll be moving to my new house sometime early-mid March and I don't know how wrecked I'll be. (I'll still be in town--we had a house built for us on the slopes of Cheyenne Mountain.)

--73--

--Novilio

Panera Bread works for me as a hang-out. I stop by the Briargate location often on my my way home from work in Denver. I did not know there was one in Southgate. I'm sure I can find it. Tell me about the radio interview...
hguzman
Mini Stumbler

Postby Novilio » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:01 am

Originally posted by hguzman
Panera Bread works for me as a hang-out. I stop by the Briargate location often on my my way home from work in Denver. I did not know there was one in Southgate. I'm sure I can find it. Tell me about the radio interview...

I just finished another book, which I haven't mentioned here because the guys here aren't really the core audience. The book is called DEGUNKING WINDOWS, and it's the sort of book Erma Bombeck would write if she were faced with the task of cleaning up all the crap that accumulates on the hard disk of a six-year-old PC. It's actually kind of a fun book, but it's targeted at non-technical people. I know I prefer writing books about networking and assembly language, but a guy's gotta eat.

My PR lady set up a bunch of radio interviews on various tech shows around the country, and I have to go to Denver for this one because CBS doesn't own a radio station here in the Springs, and CBS wants me to be in a studio with an ISDN audio feed to station KNX in LA, which will air the interview at 11AM PST on Feb. 11.

I'll be heading back after the interview, but I want to hit Tattered Cover first and spend some money. Books out, books in. I guess it's some kind of addiction.

--73--

--Novilio
Novilio

Postby WhiteFish » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:19 pm

I am also going to be unavailable for this month. I am open to any number of meeting places, however since I don't work in town, getting to them on time can sometimes be a problem. I would prefer something up on the north end of town since I live in the north east.

Just let me know and I will try and be there.
WhiteFish

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stumblers