Finland

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

Finland

Postby transam » Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:49 pm

I registered to netstumbler.com recently, and i would like to know that are there any finnish stumblers reading this forum? It would be nice to get information about wifi usage in helsinki etc. Estonian information would also be useful!

COME ON! There must be someone from finland in here =)
transam
Mini Stumbler

Postby transam » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:56 am

Anybody??
transam
Mini Stumbler

Postby NiB » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:21 am

transam wrote:Anybody??

I'm here :-)
I'm using Kneppix :-)
NiB
Mini Stumbler

Postby tumpy » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:22 am

transam wrote:Anybody??

here is a head start. finland hopspot
tumpy

Postby SearchNotReg!!! » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:56 am

Heya,
Another Finn here too. Going to go driving with a friend Saturday, covering some areas in Kirkkonummi, maybe Espoo if we don't find anything, and a little in Helsinki if we have time. No GPS however, as it'll be our first run and we don't have a lot of gear. Got an omidirectional antenna borrowed from work, and I'm going to use it with my Orinoco Gold-card.
Working to set up a Linux machine to be able to find hidden networks, but it might have to be used on an other run.

Nice thing about sniffing here is that according to the Radio Law, anything you send you should expect someone to pick up, so unless you attempt to crack some form of security you're not breaking any laws. And yes, I had this checked with Someone Who Knows.

Towards Autumn I'm heading up to Vaasa for studies, and I'll attempt to find as many hotspots as possible there. I already know of one AP, having seen it mounted on a wall in Åbo Akademi. =P

I'll try to borrow a GPS-thing from somewhere, but if not I'll post any interesting findings.
SearchNotReg!!!

Postby wh1t39abb1+ » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:41 am

Hi,
We talk alot about wifi during our 2600 meetings in Helsinki on the first friday of every month in fenniakortteli. Check the web site for location instructions if your interested in coming along one meeting to discuss what you know. We've done alot of war walking in the center. Glad to share what we found.

--
wh1t39abb1+
wh1t39abb1+
Mini Stumbler

Return to Other Stumblers