Georgia

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

Contact Info

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 19, 2002 5:03 am

If you would like for people to contact you about stumbling and/or a Q&A session or two ... don't you think it would be wise to post your contact information?

Just food for thought here... that is all

-- NOS

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 24, 2002 11:16 pm

Who is interested in getting together here in Atlanta? NOS, bob, chad??? anyone? Lets do it!

<da.nyet>

cognetix.@.earthlink.net (remove dot's around the @)

Come on - Wake Up!

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 28, 2002 9:32 pm

It's been a few days, and I've only had one reply about getting a group together. Are we that appathetic here in Atlanta?

<da.nyet>

Stockbridge

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:08 am

Guys, I'm in Stockbridge, but don't mind riding around looking for some AP's. I've got a powerbook so I can't run the software. I wonder if the software will run under Virtual PC.

Virginia Highlands

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:04 am

Has anyone stumbled through the virginina highlands. I'm living a block behind the Dark Horse and want to setup a directional antenna vs. paying $50/month to AT&T.

Midtown Atlanta

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 01, 2002 3:13 pm

I live in Midtown Atlanta right next door to the Bellsouth building and 3 blocks from Georgia Tech (710 Peachtree to be exact). Unfortunately my wireless card is not compatible with Netstumbler, so I am unable to scan. Has anyone stumbled on anything nearby?

Thanks.

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 01, 2002 3:14 pm

Forgot to add my email. netstumbler@kingnothing.com

Thanks again.

Virginia Highlands

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 07, 2002 9:28 pm

Found a couple in Highlands by Murphy's, but then dumped (rum &) coke on my laptop.

Interested in starting a co-op in highlands, though. We should talk. Email me for a free lunch.

Virginia Highlands - free lunch

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 07, 2002 9:29 pm

Chicago Stumbler in GA for the Week...

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 08, 2002 8:32 am

I am a Chicago Area stumbler coming down to Alpharetta, GA for the week... drop me an email and let me know if you want to meet up for some coffe and/or what not...

Also looking for a Magmount Omni Antenna, Chicago has no dealers, and if I cant find one in Ga then I will MO one from Fab-Corp when I get back...

I am such an impatient bastard...

hey here I am...

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 09, 2002 6:35 pm

Me again... I am here in Alpharetta, GA. ored out of my wits. I have done a little stumbling, 40 odd AP's so far.
Here are the odd ones I have found... mostly between Atlanta International and alpharetta/roswell.
Drop me a line... j:@:jeffrowe.net (remove the :'s)

N 33.8271933 W 84.3451250 xlr8tor
N 33.8450050 W 84.3058083 ACSSED
N 33.9819383 W 84.3418083 smells*like*fish?

Anyone know a pubic WIFI ap aroudn here? The dialup sucks and so far i havent gotten an open AP yet... not one I can sit near...

Kennesaw

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:03 pm

I am in Kenessaw.. nothing to stumble near the house other than my neighbor (and he's ok with it.. a stumbler himself). I like the idea of a group in Atlanta. I need to trade some stuff too.. I got several Cisco 340 PCI cards, and I would like to get at a PCMCIA card (the PCI/ISA cards do not work in a PCMCIA slot.. damn, damn!!).

I did do some stumblin' in NYC.. wow.. I didn't have a GPS though (also on my "toys to get" list).

Let's get together, even if it's just IRC/ICQ/AIM whatever.. AWG (Atlanta Wireless Group??).

Postby toynbee » Tue Apr 16, 2002 6:02 pm

There's already a wireless group in progress in the Atlanta area, although not specific to netstumbling. Check out http://www.atlantafreenet.org
toynbee
Mini Stumbler

If anyone wants it...

Postby jeffrowe » Wed Apr 17, 2002 3:35 pm

I have a list of AP's from Georgia... mostly Alpharetta/Roswell down the GA400 and I85 into Atlanta... the Georgia Tech campus... and well as up the I85 to the I285 and back to the GA400 (yes I got lost...)

Its less than 200, didnt have alot of freetime and there are so many private property type signs on the comapny sites I tried to watch myself...

if you want a copy of the scan then drop me an email...
-Jeffrowe
jeffrowe
Mini Stumbler

awg meeting

Postby xeraxes » Sun Apr 21, 2002 10:12 am

hey, i'm in the atlanta area and am just getting started in stumbling. i think itd be cool to meet with others, see your setups and talk about stumbling.

-jason c
xeraxes
Mini Stumbler

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stumblers