Iowa

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

Postby Tall_Corn » Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:47 pm

I'll have to try campus town in Ames, see what turns up. If you're interested I'll let you know.
Tall_Corn
Mini Stumbler

Postby btrimble » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:59 am

Now I know where all those Iowa AP's came from! :) Greets all from around MHMall in DSM.
btrimble
Mini Stumbler

Postby hratch » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:28 pm

i was just in cedar rapids (for taste of cedar rapids) and posted some APs to http://www.wigle.net
hratch

Postby Chris_Schear » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:37 pm

wigle.net is invalid.
Chris_Schear

Postby hratch » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:47 pm

it is down at the moment...i am hoping it will be back up today...if not tomorrow
hratch

Yes there are wlans in Iowa...

Postby SentinaL » Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:46 pm

I was securing our wireless network at my office and decided to stumble around town and I found 32 wlans, all w/o encryption and high-speed internet... hello small town Iowa. Oskaloosa if you really care. Let me know if there's any other Iowa stumblas out there!
SentinaL
Mini Stumbler

Postby Chris_Schear » Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:52 pm

Greetings...

I'm located in West Des Moines. Haven't stumbled too much "around Iowa", as a whole, just the greater DSM area. Welcome.
Chris_Schear

Postby SentinaL » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:10 am

are there quite a few out in west dm? I've got some family on 10th street btw. I was going to take a friend of mine up there and check it out... all of dm really, purely for numbers though, I just want to see how many. maybe we could hook up!
SentinaL
Mini Stumbler

Postby Chris_Schear » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:45 pm

Well, I don't "swing that way" so I'm not so sure about "hooking up" - but I might be willing to meet you for a drink or something. ;) Kidding...anyway... Or, if kicking back with a latte at Starbucks is more your thing, that would be cool, too.

If you drive around 35 N/S, shortly near the relatively new "Super Target" you will find a smorgesborg of APs from all the office parks.
Chris_Schear

Postby SentinaL » Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:40 am

whoa nelly! maybe I should have been a little more clear on that.:D I meant hook up as in team up.... team up and war drive with a person who is also knowledgable, not just my friend. I have a wife and a kid, I'm no homo.

anyway that sounds like an area I will definatly check out, thanks for the info.
SentinaL
Mini Stumbler

Postby SentinaL » Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:41 pm

I'm from Oskaloosa, right in between you guys, and I've found 34 AP's so far. 6 last night. :cool: I was going to do some scouting in both of you areas in the next couple of weeks. Our school district has wireless everywhere! I've been plottin. i just gradiated last year. hehe
SentinaL
Mini Stumbler

Any wardriver in Fort Dodge, IA?

Postby filsed » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:41 pm

Hi there, is someone from Fort Dodge, IA? It looks like I am the only freek with laptop and orinoco wifi card driving around the town... :-) Take care.
filsed
Mini Stumbler

Postby Tall_Corn » Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:56 am

Plenty of freeks in Fort Dodge..... :) (he he)
But you're right, you're probably the only Wi-Fi enable one.

I'm down in Boone, I get some pretty strange looks holding my can-tenna up when I'm driving around.
I haven't found anything in Boone, are there many networks in Fort Dodge?

Happy stumbling.
Tall_Corn
Mini Stumbler

Postby pottsiedog » Sun Sep 29, 2002 6:21 am

Right on, brotha! Im close to CR, and I'm new to wardriving. I have everything I need but the antenna. I have an 8 dbi on the way, so I'll be cruising in a couple days. I live in a small town, and I doubt I'll find much around here. I will probably head into CR or W'Loo to find some action. U wanna get together for a drive-along?
pottsiedog
Mini Stumbler

Worldwide Wardrive - Iowa (Des Moines)

Postby Chris_Schear » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:58 am

If you're interested in participating in the Worldwide Wardrive efforts and are from the great state of Iowa, particularly Des Moines... (no, please, hold back the applause...) Please visit http://www.packetmonkey.net/wwwd at your convenience. A more "meaningful" portal of information will be made available once I've shifted some priorities and freed up some time to actually code some HTML.

Thank you.
Chris_Schear

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stumblers