Iowa

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

Postby lumpkin666 » Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:18 pm

Just started stumbling today... waiting for the GPS converter for my earthmate before i get serious.

I'm from oskaloosa, Iowa too. Drove across town and found 15 WLANs ... didn't figure there were more than that many computers in our community :)

drop me a note sometime and maybe we can talk wardriving in the big town of osky ;)
lumpkin666
Mini Stumbler

Postby NitroZip » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:08 pm

I'm in Iowa, small town, probably try Waterloo area.
Completely new to this.
NitroZip
Mini Stumbler

Cedar Rapids Iowa stumblers?

Postby Twisted » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:50 pm

Are there any other stumblers in the area?
Twisted
Mini Stumbler

Postby Twisted » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:30 pm

Well if anyone ever wants to get together, I have several rigs, all with external antennea, Let me know
Twisted
Mini Stumbler

Postby Chris_Schear » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:24 pm

Come spring/summer, we Iowa folk should try to get together for some technological fun. I suggest all meeting in Des Moines, where we can adjurn to the "Clicks Cyber Bar", with computers in every seating location.

http://www.clickscyberbar.com/

Chris_Schear

Postby btrimble » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:19 pm

Nice plug Chris
btrimble
Mini Stumbler

Postby Chris_Schear » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:52 pm

Originally posted by btrimble
Nice plug Chris

Plug? What, do you think I benefit from this information in some way? Are you insinuating I'm pitching this location for some particular reason? You see, not everyone in Iowa is familiar with the social settings of Des Moines. Particularly, and very likely, people mentioned in a thread whose subject includes, "Cedar Rapids". I couldn't tell you the name of a single bar in CR, let alone, know enough about the local hangouts to make mention of where would be a good meeting point. I'd have to base any suggestions off those of others. Are you from Des Moines? Were you/are you aware of Click's CyberBar?

You see, it's only a "plug" if you've something to gain from the mentioning, or if you've been allocated paid advertising space, or if you've exchanged equal sharing of time for the dissemination of information. None of this is the case. Click's CyberBar is simply a decent place for the technically inclined to gather, makes rather decent sense, too. But, if you have no interest in a bar with technology and would prefer something which is more technologically clandestine, I tell you what...how about you head towards Sprokets Cart Racing off Hickman and we'll all meet up at the bar.

Oh no, have I plugged Sprockets to the point where you'll find specific need to mention? Maybe it's a conspiracy. You don't expect to see any super secret black helicopters buzzing around either place, do you? Maybe, it's all a devious ploy by some sneaky law enforcement agency to get all the "Evil Wireless Monkeys" in the same place to serve papers of varying types; including warrants for arrest, subpoenas, and even parking tickets!

Oh my.

In other regards, if I've completely misread the intended tone of your post, I must apologize as you've caught me on the wrong day. The monkeys, they taunt me...
Chris_Schear

Iowa

Postby rpierce99 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:45 am

Hello i just joined getting into this wireless thing i've had it for couple of months I live in washington IA but movin to Cedar rapids ia in about a week haven't done any seaching in washington but have been downtown cr and ne side behind K's they have wireless internet at the hotels around that area.
rpierce99
Mini Stumbler

Postby Twisted » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:16 pm

Drop me a PM when ya get settled, maybe we can meet sometime.
Twisted
Mini Stumbler

Postby btrimble » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:03 pm

Originally posted by Chris_Schear
Plug? What, do you think I benefit from this information in some way? Are you insinuating I'm pitching this location for some particular reason? You see, not everyone in Iowa is familiar with the social settings of Des Moines. Particularly, and very likely, people mentioned in a thread whose subject includes, "[b]Cedar Rapids". I couldn't tell you the name of a single bar in CR, let alone, know enough about the local hangouts to make mention of where would be a good meeting point. I'd have to base any suggestions off those of others. Are you from Des Moines? Were you/are you aware of Click's CyberBar?
[/B]

Actually there is a Chris that worked there. I thought his last name was the same as yours but found out later I was wrong- sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused and have a nice day…
btrimble
Mini Stumbler

Cedar Rapids

Postby warp_sp » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:16 pm

I'm from Marion, one night just along boyson road alone in the housing developments and such I found 133 APs. I use an cheap wireless card with a diversity antenna I bought at Wal-Mart, and I find all kinds of stuff around here. :)
warp_sp
Mini Stumbler

Postby Twisted » Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:57 pm

In Hiawatha.
Twisted
Mini Stumbler

Postby warp_sp » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:12 pm

No, this was in Marion and Cedar Rapids, before Boyson gets to Hiawatha. In the Bowman Woods area for the most part.
warp_sp
Mini Stumbler

Iowa

Postby G8tK33per » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:44 am

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Eastern Iowa Stumblers.

Postby warp_sp » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:58 pm

Just wondering if there were any Eastern Iowa stumblers out there.
warp_sp
Mini Stumbler

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stumblers