Ireland

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

Postby Psychobiker » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:22 pm

GovCon - I just need to respray and refit my interior...and I'll be stumbling on the move from Galway.
Psychobiker
Mini Stumbler

Postby Masterofthereal » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:12 am

Well Im floating round dublin regularly trying to get something organised properly!!!
Masterofthereal
Mini Stumbler

Postby shamrock365 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:58 am

I have a few stumbling files.No GPS data though.Have to link it into my GPS soon enough. Many AP's have become WEP protected because Eircom (National Provider) began shipping all its routers with wifi & WEP active by default (Still not a good idea, given the insecurity of it.Anyway, much of the East coast is now serviced but the midlands are still very under serviced
shamrock365
Mini Stumbler

Postby The_Denv » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:11 am

Well, Im awaiting my equipment being shipped over and thats going to be within the next few days.

I live in Belfast so its well easy for me to map the entire city of belfast. All I have to do is set everything up because Ill be using Kismet since it logs wireless clients aswell as APs.

I have forgotten the website that hosts the map of the world with all the wifi spots collected by wardrivers. I was hoping to add my co-ordinates to the website and take credit for doing the work.

Anyone know the website?

I have a few netstumbler files but they are usless to me since I got them with a centrino chipset without a GPS reciever. I used NetStumbler and the Centrino and scanned from my house to 1.9 miles down the road and the results displayed over 70 APs, 20 of them had WEP encryption and most of them had BSSIDs such as their first name/surname and house address which is completely mad! I didnt come across ONE WPA AP at all. Im going to be on the lookout for WPA APs...the interesting APs ;)
The_Denv

Postby wrzwaldo » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:13 am

The_Denv wrote:Well, Im awaiting my equipment being shipped over and thats going to be within the next few days.

I live in Belfast so its well easy for me to map the entire city of belfast. All I have to do is set everything up because Ill be using Kismet since it logs wireless clients aswell as APs.

I have forgotten the website that hosts the map of the world with all the wifi spots collected by wardrivers. I was hoping to add my co-ordinates to the website and take credit for doing the work.

Anyone know the website?

WiGLE
wrzwaldo

Postby streaker69 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:23 am

The_Denv wrote:Well, Im awaiting my equipment being shipped over and thats going to be within the next few days.

Anyone know the website?

I have a few netstumbler files but they are usless to me since I got them with a centrino chipset without a GPS reciever. I used NetStumbler and the Centrino and scanned from my house to 1.9 miles down the road and the results displayed over 70 APs, 20 of them had WEP encryption and most of them had BSSIDs such as their first name/surname and house address which is completely mad! I didnt come across ONE WPA AP at all.[B] Im going to be on the lookout for WPA APs...the interesting APs ]

Please explain, what makes them more interesting than any other AP?
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby brwrdrvr » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:40 pm

streaker69 wrote:Please explain, what makes them more interesting than any other AP?

Everyone knows those are the AP's that everyone is wanting to upload co-ordinates from. They are the peachiest and most sought after AP's. Com'on Streak, I thought you were more "hip" than that. :D
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

Postby shamrock365 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:31 am

Any moves for an Irish Stumbling/WarDriving site?
shamrock365
Mini Stumbler

Previous

Return to Other Stumblers