Kentucky

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

How did the mapping go?

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 23, 2002 7:22 pm

Hey Sean,

Just wondering how did the mapping go?

Bill

Behind :-(

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:04 am

Got swamped at work (good problem to have, new business) AND had a hard drive fail (suckage) so I haven't loaded it into MP yet. Sorry guys, gimme a few days and I'll have it done :-)

Still not done :-(

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:44 pm

Had a sewer line main break!!!!! Been too busy bailing and such to get to this. Sorry again. I *will* get time to do it (I have the data, just need to parse it into the right format)

Yuck!

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:01 pm

Don't worry, take your time. That sewer break must be nasty, especially after all of the rain we have had this last week or so. Hope everything gets fixed and nothing was damaged.

Postby mehamm0 » Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:36 am

Joe:

I'm also here in Lexington. I'm interested in what you find in your mapping escursion. Please post the results. Can you give me some info on how to connect to the APs in the downtown area (WEP?, SSID, locations, etc.)? Thanks for your help.
mehamm0
Mini Stumbler

New rto Kismet/Stumbling .. Louisville, KY

Postby itallushrt » Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:54 pm

Looks like I am the first "public" stumbler in my area. I am doing my best to map this god forsaken waste land, and look forward to meeting other potential stumblers/kismetters at this weeks Slashdot meetup( i missed last months). Anywho..i will soon be posting maps of my area for any other interested rednecks. =)

Did i Mention we like to drink and stumble here? Uhhh..prank call, prank call. I meant we like to drunkstroll here(This is KY afterall, where do you think that bourbon your drinkin comes from????)
itallushrt
Mini Stumbler

valley station?

Postby teh13 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:41 pm

Greetings from Louisville!

First: see the older topic here he got a good link of places downtown.

Second, I should would enjoy having valley station/bethany (where Gene Snyder, Greenbelt, and Dixie Highway join), I have a linksys card, and I cant stumble with it (tips?) :(

Doug
teh13
Mini Stumbler

Postby sykojester » Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:03 pm

tip = try upgrading to NS .3.3 ... now with limited prism support (in Windows XP ONLY!) :)
I was at this place one time & I was like...Wow.
sykojester

Postby teh13 » Sat Aug 24, 2002 3:31 am

hehe, its windows 98, and its a old laptop too, 133 mhz... :D
teh13
Mini Stumbler

Re: valley station?

Postby itallushrt » Mon Aug 26, 2002 10:13 am

Originally posted by teh13
Greetings from Louisville!

First: see the older topic here he got a good link of places downtown.

Second, I should would enjoy having valley station/bethany (where Gene Snyder, Greenbelt, and Dixie Highway join), I have a linksys card, and I cant stumble with it (tips?) :(

Doug

Cool man I used to live in Valley Station. My parents still do in fact! How old are ya? We may have gone to High School together...Anyway, I blew up Hurtsborne /Shelbyville Road area and hit downtown for about 30 spots the other night. Trying to get a copy of MapPoint so I can start mapping. I work out by Blankenbaker and coming home from work one night last week I hit another 35, all within 2 miles of work, and I was hitting a AP in the offices across the street right from my desk!
itallushrt
Mini Stumbler

Postby teh13 » Mon Aug 26, 2002 10:58 am

hehe, I have only been around here for about 8 years...
There is alot more APs around then I would even imagined, but until I can get a real wireless card, I guess I have to stay put... :) (know of any local places with cheap wireless hardware?) I have a friend that setups long distance wireless links around louisville, maybe you can pick the signal up, even though its all locked down (WAP) ;)

Happy stumbling,
teh13
teh13
Mini Stumbler

Postby itallushrt » Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:25 am

Nah no idea on anywhere local to buy cheap comp gear. I just usually use www.pricewatch.com for purchasing stuff. There was a place selling orinoco gold cards new in retail packing on there for $67.00 last week.

Cool about your friend. What is the SSID ?

later
itallushrt
Mini Stumbler

Postby teh13 » Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:32 am

ok, I guess its pricewatch... :) I dunno about the SSIDs, I will ask him...
teh13
Mini Stumbler

Postby teh13 » Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:37 am

oh yea, try finding my access point... its SSID is (drum roll... :D ): linksys, and no WAP... I am out in a big field, so nobody really cant see my AP
teh13
Mini Stumbler

Postby itallushrt » Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:51 am

NICE!!!! I've seen about 200 of those damn linksys APs with no WEP enabled around here. Too funny.
itallushrt
Mini Stumbler

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stumblers