Louisiana

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

New Orleans

Postby warpig » Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:31 am

Anyone?
warpig
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2002 7:58 pm

Postby jher » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:05 pm

Good luck. Every time i've visited NOLA its been a bit behind on the tech side. However i'll be there in October with my rig.
jher
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 11:33 am
Location: austin, tx

Re: New Orleans

Postby jclark6 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:31 pm

Originally posted by warpig
Anyone?


Direct from the Big Easy on the Best Bank. Yes I have Stumbled and can't get up.
jclark6
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2002 5:23 pm
Location: Big Easy

Postby jclark6 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:34 pm

Originally posted by jher
Good luck. Every time i've visited NOLA its been a bit behind on the tech side. However i'll be there in October with my rig.


You may have spent to much time on Burbon St. Oct. is a good time, the heat starts breaking.
jclark6
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2002 5:23 pm
Location: Big Easy

Postby jher » Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:16 pm

Actually I have friends there who've lived there for several years and being techy friends they have had some trouble finding employment. However, the lot of us are from Austin so we probably expect a lot when it comes to tech stuff.
jher
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 11:33 am
Location: austin, tx

Postby warpig » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:13 am

This is true about New Orleans not being to tech. To many other things to do. I am the only person I know that gets into this sort of thing. Figure when I am bored late at night I will give it a try. Just bought stumbler setup from Fab Corp and GPS from Sams. Need to hook it all up and figure it out probably will be a learning curve before I can really get going.

jclark6 I know you are talking about the east bank right hehe. You have any luck?

Oct. should be a good time to visit.


:D
warpig
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2002 7:58 pm

Postby jclark6 » Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:08 pm

Originally posted by jher
Actually I have friends there who've lived there for several years and being techy friends they have had some trouble finding employment. However, the lot of us are from Austin so we probably expect a lot when it comes to tech stuff.


Really, the contractor who supplies me with my staff has a hard time finding qualified people in the New Orleans area if they were qualified they should have found immediate employment. I didn’t know Austin was know as a high tech Mecca. I hope you are not speaking of Dell, they are known not to spend anything on R&D.
jclark6
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2002 5:23 pm
Location: Big Easy

Postby jclark6 » Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:22 pm

Originally posted by warpig
This is true about New Orleans not being to tech. To many other things to do. I am the only person I know that gets into this sort of thing. Figure when I am bored late at night I will give it a try. Just bought stumbler setup from Fab Corp and GPS from Sams. Need to hook it all up and figure it out probably will be a learning curve before I can really get going.

jclark6 I know you are talking about the east bank right hehe. You have any luck?

Oct. should be a good time to visit.


:D


Yes, I have the Fab Corp setup and find APs all over as dose my coworker. It is nothing to pick up 20 to 30 on a drive from home to the office. Two AP are located at the Toll Plaza for the CCC. Part of my job description is network security which is why I learned about net stumbling. Your are welcome to try to locate my home AP, you will know when you find it. Located on the Best Bank in Algiers. Somewhat like Geocaching for a AP. If you purcahsed the Magellen 330, don't forget to go to the Magellen site for your rebate.
jclark6
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2002 5:23 pm
Location: Big Easy

Postby warpig » Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:53 pm

If I locate you I will let you know. I am in the Kenner area. My ap has mac filtering.

jclark6 Yeah the Magellan deal will be sweet if I can get the rebate it is a 330x. Rebate only says 330 and 330M.

Maybe I will see you around.

Peace Im Out:D
warpig
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2002 7:58 pm

Postby jher » Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:39 pm

You guys should submit your finds to blackwave's ns1 site. I think we have about 16,000 APs so far.
jher
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 11:33 am
Location: austin, tx

Postby warpig » Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:22 pm

Will do. Just got it up and running so might give it a try tonight. If it does not rain I will have to take the bike though.

Where is his sight? :D :D
warpig
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2002 7:58 pm

Postby jclark6 » Wed Jul 10, 2002 5:10 pm

Here are a few clues. I am near a bridge, a college, and a fire station. The English made a turn near by. I live on the wrong side of the bridge.
jclark6
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2002 5:23 pm
Location: Big Easy

Postby jclark6 » Wed Jul 10, 2002 5:21 pm

When you see the Pink Flamingos towing the trailer you have found it.
jclark6
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2002 5:23 pm
Location: Big Easy

Postby jher » Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:34 am

jher
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 11:33 am
Location: austin, tx

Postby geewiz » Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:00 pm

Can't remember the exact place, but in Harahan(Sp?) near the Town Place Suites, there's (or was) at least one open AP (Linksys). Also, Morial CC and near the W hotel.
geewiz
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 8:09 pm

Next

Return to Other Stumblers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests