Massachusetts

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

downtown

Postby bigezy » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:18 am

I found about 2800 in about 5 hours of stumbling down there.
bigezy
Mini Stumbler

hotspots in provincetown, MA?

Postby LarryPerson » Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:42 am

Does anybody know of any hotspots in provincetown, MA?

Thanks in advance.
LarryPerson
Mini Stumbler

Postby Newbie02 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:41 am

2800? that's a lot. how many were secure? i'm new to all of this -- there are different types of APs, right? ones that are open to the public and ones that the owners don't know are open?
Newbie02
Mini Stumbler

Postby bigezy » Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:20 pm

Unless you have specific permission to use it. All AP's are off limits. WEP encryption rates were about 30%.
bigezy
Mini Stumbler

Postby paranoiasecurit » Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:40 pm

I too found about 2000 AP's in 5 hours of wardriving boston/cambridge. Im usually down there on weekends wardriving, since my girlfriend is into it. If any one wants to go wardriving send me an email: sysadmin@paranoia-security.com

I was also thinking that there should be a way where we could map out the city of boston, and get over 10000 APS without duplicates. With big's APS and mine, thats half way.

check out my netstumber summary file if you want to dowload it, and scan from that, then you can email it back to me and I'll repost the new version

http://www.paranoia-security.com/2000
paranoiasecurit
Mini Stumbler

Postby amex101 » Sat Sep 28, 2002 3:51 am

There are a few i found well walking down Commercial St. around the Crown and Anchor hotel. Jim
amex101
Mini Stumbler

this weekend

Postby bigezy » Sat Sep 28, 2002 5:29 am

Is anyone planning on doing the WorldWideWarDrive2? I would be willing to divide my efforts with anyone else interested.

PM me bigezy {at} hushmail dot com
bigezy
Mini Stumbler

Postby rogers » Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:07 pm

I'm in western MA, Berkshire County.. highvoltz@secure-labs.com Drop one if you wanna fire it up
rogers
Mini Stumbler

Postby Rapttor » Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:52 am

I'm located down in southeastern mass, if any of you guys ever head this way..... give me a buzz.

happy drivin'

-rapttor
Rapttor
Mini Stumbler

Tall building stumblers?

Postby dudeyougotadell » Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:47 pm

Anyone try stumbling from a tall building in the Boston or Providence areas? or anywhere else for that matter? I know people do it from private planes, but how about permanent structures?

It would be easy for me to bring my PDA and PocketWarrior to those sorts of sites.

I have access to the rooftops of some buildings in my area (Attleboro, MA) for antenna work so I'm going to start bringing along my 802.11b "stumblepack" as I call it, containing all the pigtails/antennas/gps I need for a good sweep.

Always used to bring my scanner to the top of the World Trade Center in NYC and pick up all sorts of good things. Too bad we can't stumble from there.
~ Pablo
dudeyougotadell

Postby tem84 » Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:46 pm

one of my friend's in chicago works at the observation deck on the sears tower in chicago. he takes hishandheld and a small yagi up to the top deck and basicly sweeps the entire DT area. I wanna go to chicago this summer :D
tem84
Mini Stumbler

Postby BraveSpear » Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:57 pm

I was there a couple of years ago. Didn't know a thing about stumbling at the time. Too bad, cuz you can see a *LOT* from up there.
Yoda of Borg are we: Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, we will.
BraveSpear
Mini Stumbler

Postby sparafina » Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:16 pm

We tried this strategy at the Defcon Wardriving contest last year with a parabolic antenna. I thought it would yield a lot of AP's, so we went to several tall parking garages around town. It didn't work as well as I had hoped. We could have acquired more APs driving in the time we took getting to a parking garage and setting up. It might be different in a town with a lot of tall buildings.
sparafina
Mini Stumbler

Postby Eyecannon » Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:09 pm

I've done it from a hotel in Las Vegas... got about 25 from that spot.
No, officer, YOU are under arrest!

http://eyecannon.com/wardrive.html
Eyecannon

Postby blackwave » Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:10 pm

Originally posted by sparafina
We tried this strategy at the Defcon Wardriving contest last year with a parabolic antenna. I thought it would yield a lot of AP's, so we went to several tall parking garages around town. It didn't work as well as I had hoped. We could have acquired more APs driving in the time we took getting to a parking garage and setting up. It might be different in a town with a lot of tall buildings.

you guys need a high powered catapult to sling you from one side of vegas to another... imagine all those pretty aps just chiming in during the airtime on the way to the LZ... of course make sure your calculations account for wind shear... (and make sure you have a cushy LZ) :D
-=BW=-
blackwave

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stumblers