Michigan

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

Troy/Boomfield/Sterling HEights

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:52 am

Man AP's are all over down here!

RE: Central Michigan

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 26, 2002 7:33 pm

I am from just north of Lansing, and I was wondering if anyone had any luck stumbling through the capitol or over by MSU. I am at college right now but was thinking of building a rig, and scoping the old homestead.

Hints...

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:58 pm

I am in the UP right now but I would love to try down there when I get back from college. Anymore info that Southeast Michigan? Detroit, etc?

Can you find my LAN too?

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 27, 2002 2:56 pm

Somewhere in Northwestern Michigan (lower penninsula) we've set up an 802.11b device for you to find. Use netstumbler and a good antenna for best results. The SSID will indicate the Lat/Long of the prize. Very similar to geocaching, you'll find a dinner for 2 gift certificate redeemable to a local restaurant.

Good luck!

- Widget

sa ya do da up eh

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:04 pm

are you in marquette?

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 28, 2002 7:03 am

Heh heh, Kinko's of all places has one.

Anyone know a convenient way to filter map data by location? I'd love to send you just the Lansing-area points I've found.

Send em all my way...

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:30 pm

If you can send any of them to me, that would be sweet.

It would be interesting to see what places in Lansing have gone wireless. It sounds like more than I would think.

Re: Marquette

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:32 pm

Eric:

Yep. I am a student at Northern Michigan University.
Living in Mqt for now. From near Lansing originally.

I am from Marquette!

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:32 am

Cool!

I lived in Marquette nearly my whole life. My wife graduated from NMU 3 years ago.

All of my family and numerous friends still live there...I still know quite a bit of students as well.

Have you stumbled around marquette. I am going up there in late March for a visit and I plan on doing the whole town.

Eric

RE: Mqt ... Awesome

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:48 am

I am in the process of ebaying for an orinoco card, and getting the parts for my pringles can. (I am borrowing a prof's orinoco card, and am stumbling 'sans antenna' the campus network. Not really as fun, considering I work for ResNet, and know where they all are. :)

Until I get my antenna built, I am not gonna stumble the city, that and I have about 4 different types of Police to deal with up here so I am somewhat hesistant.

I plan to get going by after Spring Break, but that won't be until mid-march. If you are in town, send me a mail - penguinix@hotmail.com.

Downriver

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 10, 2002 11:18 am

I've just started poking around the downriver area. There seems to be quite a bit of wireless in the residential/subdivision type areas, and not so much commercial stuff.

Anybody else from downriver?

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 18, 2002 10:52 am

Downriver here. Let me know where you're looking.

On another note: I hear that LTU has a wide open WLAN. I was there and all the students get notebooks with wireless cards. I haven't checked it out yet.

Downriver Stumbling

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 19, 2002 5:56 pm

adpwl1,

Check out my website. It has a map of the places I've been/AP's I've found. http://www.amongo.com and you can also email me at adam@amongo.com

Later.

adam@amongo.com

Sterling Heights, Bloomfield, Troy!!!

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:17 pm

3DeZ is right on. Dude i've stumbled upon soooo many ap's in troy & bloomfield it's unbelievable. Not to send everyone in a wild goose chase but my most "significant" AP discovery is in troy/bloomfield. It's like hitting a pot of gold when you investigate a bit. This is all without an external antenna.... yet. It's in the mail. lol.

email me at shaunss@hotmail.com if your down for stumblin around the macomb area. There are a bunch of us who attend 2600 meetings once a month in ann arbor and have made it a habit of having a complete blast scannin around town.

This is my first post to this forum but most definitely not the last. : ) seem to be some cool, knowledgeable people here.

Downriver

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:39 am

i am downriver southgate area and my d-link card is not supported by the software is there any bye me peeweetni@aol.com

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stumblers