Michigan

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

Postby lincomatic » Mon Aug 05, 2002 8:09 pm

you're going to have trouble with getting a pigtail for the miniPCI card..the connectors are weird.

if you have OSH hardware stores near you, they have literally EVERYTHING you need from nylon washers to tubing & wire (even square) made from 3 different kinds of metal (all very cheap), to 10ft PVC pipe for $0.99. for the N connectors see if there are any electronics or radio supply stores near you. otherwise, ask ratshack to special order it from their parts catalog.
~lincomatic
lincomatic
Mini Stumbler

Postby kensington » Mon Aug 05, 2002 8:43 pm

D'OH, I'm one of those gotta have it now instant gratification guys :rolleyes: Who of course can't do anything for themselves. Unfortunately no OSH stores in the area. SUX about the mini-PCI :( You hvae a great site by the way, THANX :)
kensington
Mini Stumbler

Postby Sh00t3r » Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:02 pm

Ok i need to know who would attend a possible wireless meeting if we would set one up. I'm talking to some people from the 2600 meetings to see if we want to merge something later on if this is successful. Gotta find out how many people are out there though!!
Sh00t3r
Mini Stumbler

Postby kensington » Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:38 am

I have a definite interest, unfortunately I have little time, depending on the time and place I may get lucky.
kensington
Mini Stumbler

Postby bwsaloum » Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:58 am

Originally posted by Sh00t3r
Ok i need to know who would attend a possible wireless meeting if we would set one up. I'm talking to some people from the 2600 meetings to see if we want to merge something later on if this is successful. Gotta find out how many people are out there though!!

I'd be very interested, however, I'm driving up from south of Toledo.
BWS

Technology is NO PLACE FOR WHIMPS
bwsaloum
Mini Stumbler

Postby asylist » Thu Aug 08, 2002 9:10 am

I'm up for it. Finally got my Orinoco card, and even got to uh..."borrow" some bandwidth from someone down my street, lol. "wow, looky there, I'm mysteriously getting the net way out here....my AP must have awesome range", hehe. but anyway, yeah...I'm guessing this never came across the 2600 list? or am I just blind? For the most part I'm unemployed right now, so my time schedule is pretty much open. Weekends are usually spent in Howell, but it sounds like the next couple I'm not doing much of anything.
asylist
Mini Stumbler

Postby Sh00t3r » Thu Aug 08, 2002 9:24 am

I am also currently unemployed, doing some free lance security work and what not. So needless to say i've got a ton of free time on my hands. I'd like to setup our meeting either at a local college, Oakland University perhaps, or somewhere else of that nature, maybe a library. From there we can organize and develop some ideas and then do some actual war driving!
Sh00t3r
Mini Stumbler

Postby kensington » Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:53 pm

OU would be cool, only about 10 minutes away, haven't been there in years though. Lemme know.
kensington
Mini Stumbler

Postby asylist » Thu Aug 08, 2002 1:45 pm

its a bit of a drive for me, and I think would take me right by an ex-GF's house, but I think I could swing OU :-P never been there before, not even totally sure where its at. Seems like that would be a good jumping off point tho, right in the general area of a bunch of upper scale neighborhoods, sure to be a bunch of APs out there. Hell, might even score some rewards on the college campus itself
asylist
Mini Stumbler

Postby Sh00t3r » Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:29 am

You got it! Oakland University is in the heart of technology. Not only upscale houses, but also Daimler Chrysler HQ, Comerica banks IT HQ, and EDS HQ. I've stumbled this area and let me tell you it's hot! Although I havent' been there in about 7 months so you know there is some new action kickin it.

I'm going to contact OU next week in possible attempts to attain a room or conference hall. The 2600 meetings in Ann arbor have it made, a beautiful conference room with a round table.
Sh00t3r
Mini Stumbler

Postby asylist » Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:39 am

more like _had_ it made :-P We had problems in the last couple of months with the university, and then Paul left for the summer, so we no longer have that room. I haven't been attending meetings for a while, but i think they're in the basement now, and plans of moving someplace else.
asylist
Mini Stumbler

Postby Sh00t3r » Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:57 am

Awwww bummer! That blows. That was the welker room right? Yeah the last time I attended was about 7 months ago and it was in the cafeteria. We spent most of our time war walking though so it didnt matter. I do know someone at OU so we'll see if they can hook it up. :)
Sh00t3r
Mini Stumbler

I'm In!

Postby kmotion » Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:22 am

Sh00t3r:

I'm there! Let me know where it is up north and I'll make the trek.

-- Kmotion
kmotion
Mini Stumbler

They Live!

Postby audit » Wed Aug 21, 2002 9:09 am

Well damn, I'm glad to see that waterford is such a good hotbed, I just moved out to oxford and can't find too much out here, in fact my buddy and I are looking into starting a Wireless ISP out here since it's so remote.

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in having a mailing list deticated to just the ppl here in the area? I'll start it up on my server and post the info or anyone that's interested can e-mail me at john@c2security.org
audit

Postby Sh00t3r » Wed Aug 21, 2002 9:49 am

Hey audit!

whereabouts in oxford do u live? I used to live in Romeo and spent alot of time paintballing out in oxford.
Sh00t3r
Mini Stumbler

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stumblers