Michigan

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

Postby audit » Wed Aug 21, 2002 9:53 am

I live down off Lakevile Road across from the gravel pits
audit

Postby audit » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:19 am

Once I can get the damn EZMLM working right on the new server that I just put up then we can run a mail list off my server for everyone. I'm also willing to host the Website for the group or whatever we decide to do.

audit
audit

Postby audit » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:28 am

List is now setup for those of you that want to join.

send a blank e-mail to wireless-subscribe@c2security.org

I'm not going to moderate the list as I don't feel that's a need and everyone will play nice on it.

any questions or problems, contact me
audit

Postby Sh00t3r » Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:38 pm

Alright everyone, things are really looking good and I want everyone to jump on the bandwagon and join the above mailing list. We can start joining the likes of seatlewireless and the shmoo group!

Updates:

- I'm a day or two away from obtaining a conference room or sometype of room at Oakland University on a monthly basis.

- Anyone who's interested in development of a website please contact me. If not I'll begin construction but it will be awhile til it's up. audit is willing to host the site as well! Some toolbag has been buying up all the "statenamewireless" domains. So http://www.michiganwireless.com is unavailable unless purchased. Any ideas' post em here!

- Discussions of topics, meeting dates, etc. should also be posted here.

I really need an idea of how many people are really going to be involved in this and what everyone's intentions are. The first meeting will obviously bring a ton of ideas to the round table. So what I'm trying to accomplish as the end result, is a group of individuals contributing ideas, information and education. I want as many wireless/security guru's to attend as possible, so if you know anyone that may be interested please pass on the word! Of course, anyone willing to learn is invited.

We will also be organizing wardriving efforts - with implementation of gathered data posted on our website. Ok you guys get the idea.... lol
Sh00t3r
Mini Stumbler

Postby audit » Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:44 pm

Ok, Post them here as in the forum here or on the mail list?

yea yea I'm a smart ass, lack of coffee does that to a person
audit

Postby Sh00t3r » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:00 pm

I'd like to use the forums until we have gathered enough info to base the meeting on. After that we can use the mailling lists for everything; meeting schedules, members, etc. Sound good?
Sh00t3r
Mini Stumbler

Postby audit » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:05 pm

sounds good to me,
audit

Postby asylist » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:08 pm

oops, I've already posted a couple novels to the mailing list :-P
asylist
Mini Stumbler

Postby audit » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:29 pm

yea so have I but we can still use the list somewhat until it get's going full blown.

I also talked with a buddy of mine that's working with me on getting a Wireless ISP going and he's game for the group also.
audit

Postby audit » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:48 pm

Domain,

Let's pick a name real quick between semiwireless.com and michiganwireless.org and I'll register it. I can pop the $30 to get it going and have everything setup tonight.
audit

Postby audit » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:52 pm

once we can get the new domain going then I'll change the list name over to stumblers@domain.tld and then we'll be ready to rock.
audit

Postby bwsaloum » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:59 pm

Originally posted by audit
Domain,

Let's pick a name real quick between semiwireless.com and michiganwireless.org and I'll register it. I can pop the $30 to get it going and have everything setup tonight.

hows about greatlakeswireless.org?
BWS

Technology is NO PLACE FOR WHIMPS
bwsaloum
Mini Stumbler

Postby Sh00t3r » Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:03 pm

audit you ROCK! First meeting I see you I'll flip ya a 10 spot. Thanks man. I personally like semiwireless.com but i'm open for anything.
Sh00t3r
Mini Stumbler

Postby audit » Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:07 pm

I was thinking about that name myself but I was wondering how people are going to associate that name with where we're located?

Thoughts? I'd like to get the name done ASAP.

John
audit

Postby audit » Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:19 pm

michiganwireless.org sound like the best name from what I can see so ppl will associate us with a location, I also ran it bye a few ppl on a couple other lists and got good feedback.

Does anyone have any objections to it? If so please let me know soon.

John
audit

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stumblers