United Kingdom

Connect with other network stumblers in your area - including meeting and organized drive alongs

Off topic, this is, but it's for the UK guys

Postby The Others » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:33 am

Hey folks, I've just registered at http://www.doshtracker.co.uk with the only money I have, a sad looking tenner.

t's pretty cool; the uk version of http://www.wheresgeorge.com, thing is though, I don't think enough people use it. I say this because I am yet to find a note that has been entered more than once; the trails aren't very long...

So, I thought I'd plug it here. I'm going to spend my tenner today and wanted to see where it might end up. You should give it a go. The service will improve with the more people that do it.

And, of course, I have nothing to do with this site.

Cheers,
all good ends all

?u=273
The Others

Postby EVH-rocks » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:42 am

Sounds quite intriguing , i,ll go and take a look..
'We havent had that spirit here since 1969'
EVH-rocks
Mini Stumbler

Location: remote scottish highlands (after leaving therpalm trees of torquay in the english rivierra Brrr chil

Postby The Others » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:54 pm

EVH-rocks wrote:Sounds quite intriguing , i,ll go and take a look..

Although it is just tracking money between geeks, you should give it a go; it's a piece of piss to use and good fun. So far they've only had about 20 notes that have been entered twice - pretty crap going - but, the more people that use it, the more it will work. Especially if users break the law (don't) and write the URL on their (the governments) money.

I actually had a two entry trail thing today, but it got rejected. I entered a number for a mate with my account and then we went shopping. He paid for something at Tescos with a fiver, and I got it back without realising. When I typed the number in at home the system reminded me. I was a little annoyed, however; the draw must have a 50 fivers in it and I get the one he paid with. D'oh. Never mind, I spent it in the pub this evening: Let's see if anyone else enters it...
all good ends all

?u=273
The Others

OpenZone

Postby pj-biffo » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:00 am

Yes, OpenZone is that paying option from BT - there are three mains ways of paying, firstly pay-as-you-go, secondly monthly subscriptions, or thirdly via payment vocuhers you can purchase at the sites or newsagents etc.
OpenZone is currently expected to have 4000 access points across the UK by the end of the summer (2004).
Cheers.
pj-biffo
Mini Stumbler

Coventry Stumble

Postby Tonto44 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:24 am

Here's the results of a bit of Stumbling around Coventry. Using a combination of ministumbler on an ipaq and Kismet on an old laptop.

Green highlight is the track of where I've driven. The map shows around 350 APs.

What I'll be interested to see as I fill it in is whether theres a visible relationship between number of APs in an area and the percieved 'wealth' of the area. My current feeling is that assuming both areas are able to get broadband then we'll not actually see any significant difference between wealthy and not.
Attachments
Cov.jpg
Cov.jpg (77.34 KiB) Viewed 1705 times
Tonto44
Mini Stumbler

Postby beermuppet » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:28 am

Hey TheOthers,

Send that fiver to me - I'll put it on the system for you, then it'll be on twice :)

Beermuppet
==
Compatible cards and other wardriving equipment for sale:
http://www.computerguy.co.uk
beermuppet
Mini Stumbler

Postby The Others » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:34 am

beermuppet wrote:Hey TheOthers,

Send that fiver to me - I'll put it on the system for you, then it'll be on twice :)

Beermuppet

Well, you almost had me... Tell you what, send us one of those orinocos you've got and I'll send you a fiver back ;) They can't be worth much more than that now NS supports almost anything...

Failing that, I'll see how happy I am in five odd days, then I might owe you a fiver :D

I hope this means that you're registering at the site. Despite scribbling all over my money, nobody has posted it back on there :( I'll give it time though...
all good ends all

?u=273
The Others

Postby beermuppet » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:38 am

LOL i know this new version of NS is ruining my business!! :) hehe

I did get halfway through registering, but then stopped because I realised I didn't have any money on me. Will try again

BM
==
beermuppet
Mini Stumbler

Postby The Others » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:41 am

beermuppet wrote:but then stopped because I realised I didn't have any money on me.

The old classic, I pay for everything on my card these days (forgetting your PIN number is a wise security move... But, chip and pin, you say. Bugger); So the site is of little use to me, I've owned about three notes in the last week and a half. I havn't had one since the weekend past. Oh well, I'm still alive :cool:
all good ends all

?u=273
The Others

Postby beermuppet » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:43 am

Lol yeah, everything is card, direct debit, or paypal for me
Don't often have cash...i spend it on beer if I do, and that is always dangerous, especially when its time to pay the rent.

Are you taking part in the world wide war drive?
BM
==
beermuppet
Mini Stumbler

Postby The Others » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:46 am

beermuppet wrote:Are you taking part in the world wide war drive?

This is going to make me sound like an utter n00b, but, no, I hadn't planned to. To be honest, I know nothing about the WWWD this year. It's kind of slipt past me, there seems to be too much other stuff going on at the moment. Are you? I might partake in some light wardriving fun, but nothing mental. Maybe an hour or so here and there, I don't want to spend all day in the car, however.
all good ends all

?u=273
The Others

Postby beermuppet » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:47 am

I was just reading about it. I haven't got a gps which makes it difficult, but if I get off my arse and order one, I will have a go, even if its only a small area.
BM
==
beermuppet
Mini Stumbler

Postby The Others » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:51 am

beermuppet wrote:I was just reading about it. I haven't got a gps which makes it difficult, but if I get off my arse and order one, I will have a go, even if its only a small area.
BM

I've got all the gear, my inverter is causing noted troubles, however. I'm not with my car at the moment :( It lives with my parents because if I had it with me in Cardiff, I'd spend all my money on petrol. I don't need it here, so it sits waiting for me. When we're reunited, I'll get the inverter happy and spend some quality time wardriving. Will I do it on the day though? Well, that depends on what else is going on.

We'll see...
all good ends all

?u=273
The Others

Postby beermuppet » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:53 am

Its a whole week I think, which isn't too bad. I've got a young sprog though, so might have to go war-pram-pushing or whatever it should be called.
BM
==
beermuppet
Mini Stumbler

Postby The Others » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:57 am

beermuppet wrote:Its a whole week I think, which isn't too bad. I've got a young sprog though, so might have to go war-pram-pushing or whatever it should be called.
BM

Shh.. You're proving how much I know about the whole thing. I'll read up on it. :o

Baby huh? Cool, congrats. I'm sure you can combine fathering and wardriving somehow...
all good ends all

?u=273
The Others

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stumblers