Channel, Signal/Noise in export

Take a script, leave a script - Like the penny tray only different

Channel, Signal/Noise in export

Postby Cakkie » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:19 am

I'm currently trying to write an automatic export script that will produce a file compatible with the Netstumbler export file.

There are only two problems I have left.

1) Is there a way to get the channel and/or channel bits? (I searched, but didn't find anything regarding this, and it isn"t mentioned in the scripting guide)

2) How does NS convert the Sig and Noise values? [ SNR Sig Noise ]
In netstumbler, the values say [ 66 115 49 ], but the values passed to the script are [ 66 -34 -100 ].

When I open my custom exported file in netstumbler, the values read -183 (sig) and -249.

Basically I need to know how I can get from the -34 ns passes to the script, to the 115 ns uses in the summary export.

Thanks
Cakkie
Mini Stumbler

Postby G8tK33per » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:36 am

Talk to the author:

http://www.stumbler.net
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby streaker69 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:18 am

Your search-fu is not very strong since all of your questions have been discussed many times. Plus if look at the Summary file, you can probably figure most of your issues out if you can think lateraly.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby Cakkie » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:34 am

streaker69 wrote:Your search-fu is not very strong since all of your questions have been discussed many times. Plus if look at the Summary file, you can probably figure most of your issues out if you can think lateraly.
Maybe there's somethings wrong with my search-fu, but if I search the scripting forum for "channel", I only get 7 results, including this thread.

This thread asks the same question, but did not get a reply
http://www.netstumbler.org/showthread.php?t=14268&highlight=channel

If I do a search in all forums, using "script" and "channel", I find 14 topics, but none of the address the issue.

I did find a topic regarding the values in the export file (which is simply to add 149)
Cakkie
Mini Stumbler

Postby streaker69 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:39 am

Cakkie wrote:Maybe there's somethings wrong with my search-fu, but if I search the scripting forum for "channel", I only get 7 results, including this thread.

This thread asks the same question, but did not get a reply
http://www.netstumbler.org/showthread.php?t=14268&highlight=channel

If I do a search in all forums, using "script" and "channel", I find 14 topics, but none of the address the issue.

I did find a topic regarding the values in the export file (which is simply to add 149)

Did you bother to read all the fields listed in the NS Summary file?

Searching for 'channel bits' returns this thread.

http://www.netstumbler.org/showthread.php?t=8849&highlight=channel+bits
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Postby Cakkie » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:49 am

streaker69 wrote:Did you bother to read all the fields listed in the NS Summary file?
My script (which is loaded in NS) is writing the summary export, not reading it. The data it writes to the file, is data it has gathered using the OnScanResult event. Since documentation and forum say nothing about the channel beeing available in the script, I'm asking it.
Cakkie
Mini Stumbler

Postby streaker69 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:51 am

Cakkie wrote:My script (which is loaded in NS) is writing the summary export, not reading it. The data it writes to the file, is data it has gathered using the OnScanResult event. Since documentation and forum say nothing about the channel beeing available in the script, I'm asking it.

But the information you're asking about is listed in the Summary file. From reading it, you can extrapolate the answer you're looking for. If you were to export a summary file and look at it closely you'll see a relationship between LastChannel and ChannelBits, which should be the answer you need for your script.
streaker69

Postby Cakkie » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:58 am

streaker69 wrote:But the information you're asking about is listed in the Summary file. From reading it, you can extrapolate the answer you're looking for. If you were to export a summary file and look at it closely you'll see a relationship between LastChannel and ChannelBits, which should be the answer you need for your script.

Instead of refering me to reading the export file, I suggest you reading my question.
THERE IS NO EXPORT FILE, I AM WRITING A SCRIPT THAT WILL WRITE THE EXPORT FILE FOR ME AUTOMATICALLY.
I know how the channelbits work, I know about the lastchannel in the export file, the problem is that in order for me to write those values to file, I first have to get a hold of these values.
Cakkie
Mini Stumbler

Postby Thorn » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:43 am

Cakkie, what you're asking is not clear.

Are you asking how your script obtains the channel values from NS while running?
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby Cakkie » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:50 am

Yes, I need the channel value.
Cakkie
Mini Stumbler

Postby streaker69 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:19 am

Cakkie wrote:Instead of refering me to reading the export file, I suggest you reading my question.
THERE IS NO EXPORT FILE, I AM WRITING A SCRIPT THAT WILL WRITE THE EXPORT FILE FOR ME AUTOMATICALLY.
I know how the channelbits work, I know about the lastchannel in the export file, the problem is that in order for me to write those values to file, I first have to get a hold of these values.

Well gee, from your incredibly informative first post, I guess I was supposed to know that. The amount of help you get is directly related to the information in which you provide.
streaker69

Postby Cakkie » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:37 am

streaker69 wrote:Well gee, from your incredibly informative first post, I guess I was supposed to know that. The amount of help you get is directly related to the information in which you provide.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the SCRIPTING section of the NETSTUMBLER forum. In my incredibly informative first post, I'm refering to the scripting guide (see http://www.stumbler.net/scripting.html, or your local netstumbler help file), maybe you should try reading it, so you'd know what I was talking about, instead of acting all bigshot like you know it all.
Cakkie
Mini Stumbler

Postby theprez98 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:39 am

Cakkie wrote:If I'm not mistaken, this is the SCRIPTING section of the NETSTUMBLER forum. In my incredibly informative first post, I'm refering to the scripting guide (see http://www.stumbler.net/scripting.html, or your local netstumbler help file), maybe you should try reading it, so you'd know what I was talking about, instead of acting all bigshot like you know it all.

If I'm not mistaken, you're picking fights with people who have been around here a lot longer than 10 posts. I suggest you take their advice and your stay will be much more comfortable. :)
[font="Courier New"]"\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";[/font]
theprez98

Postby G8tK33per » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:41 am

Cakkie wrote:If I'm not mistaken, this is the SCRIPTING section of the NETSTUMBLER forum. In my incredibly informative first post, I'm refering to the scripting guide (see http://www.stumbler.net/scripting.html, or your local netstumbler help file), maybe you should try reading it, so you'd know what I was talking about, instead of acting all bigshot like you know it all.

Maybe YOU should take a deep fucking breath, you're starting to piss people off.
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby Thorn » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:45 am

Like I stated previously, what you wanted was not clear. Believe it or not, people read Summary files with scripts.

Thread closed. Figure it out on your own.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Return to Scripts