Live Pushpin for MapPoint

Take a script, leave a script - Like the penny tray only different

Live Pushpin for MapPoint

Postby L8Nighter » Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:57 pm

Anyone found a script or program to create live pushpins in Mappoint as you drive around?
L8Nighter
Mini Stumbler

Postby sparafina » Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:24 pm

sparafina
Mini Stumbler

Postby L8Nighter » Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:28 am

I actually saw this software. What I meant to say was create live pushpins for the AP that you just discovered. So instead of importing all the logs from netstumbler later to Mappoint you could have a script running maybe in netstumbler that would send the data live to Mappoint and create the AP pushpin on the map while your driving. If I knew more about scripting I would try and make it myself.
L8Nighter
Mini Stumbler

Postby sparafina » Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:11 am

OK, I understand what you want. Try setting this forum to display threads "from the beginning" and you'll find a number of scripts that you can play with.

I haven't played with this script in a while because NS version 0.3 was unstable on my machine and I dropped back to v.0.2.3
sparafina
Mini Stumbler

Postby MrEcho » Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:56 pm

is there any way of making it put the push pins on a Merge ?
1000+ AP's that i want to put on the map....
MrEcho
Mini Stumbler

Postby sparafina » Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:41 pm

Mappoint limits data import to 10K at a time. I'm not sure if Stumbverter puts a limit on the number of points that it imports.
sparafina
Mini Stumbler

Re: Live Pushpin for MapPoint

Postby agentgrn » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:26 pm

Originally posted by L8Nighter
Anyone found a script or program to create live pushpins in Mappoint as you drive around?
I'm not too sure if that's really possible with a script unless the script has some way of keeping track of the pushpins.

I say this because the summary views always show where the best signal was obtained, not where the signal was last observed, which would make pushpin redraws a little tricky.

The concept idea is rather cute, but for all intents and purposes, impractical. Then again, I always drive solo missions where my eyes are kept on the road and glance back at the map every now and then, with post-drive analysis done on a much nicer monitor. :)
-A.G.-
agentgrn

Postby MrEcho » Sat Jan 25, 2003 7:40 pm

I have made a .java file that takes the summary of the NS1 file and makes a .txt file that MapPoint 2k2 can read.

lat, long, ssid, mac, wep

thatz all for now.

I'll post the link to the code tomarow night some time (pst)
MrEcho
Mini Stumbler

Postby localhost » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:39 am

im 98% done with a program i wrote for netstumbler.

for a while i did not have access to microsoft mappoint, and all i had to use was streets and trips (which is mappoint minus 10 features), but with different map formats (i couldnt use stumbverter)

my script takes a netstumbler summary file and does 2 things:

1) parses it and makes it a user defined delimited file (tab, comma, etc) in the format LAT,LONG,SSID,MAC,CHANNELS,WEP

2) puts it into a textbox and launches excel so you can copy/paste into it. i dont feel like learning how to manipule excel files so for now its just copy/paste. after it is in that form you can import it into virtually any program that does mapping (including stumbverter)

this app is most useful for people without mappoint, but is helpful because it can also replace the web based converter script.

i'll probobly post when im done with it, right now its just idiotproofing and very minor bugs
localhost

Postby NotherNic7 » Mon May 24, 2004 8:23 pm

sparafina wrote:Mappoint limits data import to 10K at a time. I'm not sure if Stumbverter puts a limit on the number of points that it imports.

Give me your NS1 file with more than 10,000 access points.
NotherNic7

Return to Scripts