MapPoint plus speech for NetStumbler 0.4

Take a script, leave a script - Like the penny tray only different

Postby chow » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:24 am

I like this script very much! I will use it next saturday for real ;-)

Question: I have disabled the Navigation-bar in the script (MapPointApp.Toolbars.Item("Navigation").Visible = False), but there seems to be no similar way to disable the 'Legends and Overview'-pane from the script. Or am I missing something (again)?

I tried: MapPointApp.SendKeys "^G" (line 366), but that doesn't seem to work. (I really don't have any experience with VBscript or similar languages.) External SenKey-programs will probably work, but I like to have everything in the script ...

Anyone?

TIA, cu,
Chow
chow
Mini Stumbler

Postby goldfndr » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:51 pm

chow wrote:I tried: MapPointApp.SendKeys "^G" (line 366), but that doesn't seem to work. (I really don't have any experience with VBscript or similar languages.) External SenKey-programs will probably work, but I like to have everything in the script ...
SendKeys most likely isn't a method supported by MapPoint]if oWSH.AppActivate("MapPoint") then oWSH.SendKeys("^g")[/font]

If you use ^G, it might do a control+shift which might not be what you want.
goldfndr

Postby chow » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:03 pm

goldfndr wrote:Try this one-liner:
if oWSH.AppActivate("MapPoint") then oWSH.SendKeys("^g")

If you use ^G, it might do a control+shift which might not be what you want.

Hi goldfndr,

Tnx, but it doesn't seem to work either (neither the ^g, nor the ^G).

Cu,
chow.
chow
Mini Stumbler

Topic cleanup?

Postby wrzwaldo » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:14 am

Hey any chance we could get this recent non-mappoint stuff moved to a different topic? How about "Non-MapPoint scripts" or "GPS coordinates and sendkeys"?
wrzwaldo

Script error

Postby kurgan1 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:05 pm

I have enjoyed using this script very much. I have been using version 18 of the script, and it has worked fine untill today. On my way to work everything was fine, but on my way home i started getting two errors. No matter what i've tried with v18 (deleting/reinstalling, d/ling fresh copy/installing) i still get the same errors, installed v25 and it complained about not having mappoint but worked. The two errors on v18 are as follows. First error when starting ns= Line:115 Char:5, SCode:80045012. Second error= Microsoft VBScript runtime error Line:419 Char:5, SCode:800A01A8. Sorry for having to post, but i'm stumped and its late. Thanks in advance
UPDATE.....
I figured it out after trial and error. Sorry for posting before exploring ALL options. It was speech SDK 5.1, uninstalled/reinstalled it and all is well. Some part of the program must have gotten corrupted when my laptop fell out of the chair at work :eek:. Guess mine doesn't "brace for impact" very well. I can't complain though the old Tigerbook/Mitac has held up nicely for a freebie (one of those "if you can fix it you can have it" deals). It's been dropped twice that I know of, first off of a car and now by me. Anyway Thanks to everyone who work so hard on these scripts, and for all the good info on this forum.
kurgan1
Mini Stumbler

Thank you all!

Postby JimmyJ » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:49 pm

I've been lurking for a couple weeks and just recently registered. I just wanted to thank you all for the advice and scripts and other great stuff on these forums. Within a couple days I grabbed my laptop with XP Pro SP2 and WPC11 card, a Garmin eTrex Legend (Serial), Map Point 2002 and the mp script in this thread. I was able to get it all put together in about an hour and it's been great so far finding out what AP's look like in my area. I was actually surprised at the number of secured AP's in my area ... it averages about 40% WEP secured / 60% totally open. Is that normal for most people when they are looking at their results? Anyways, my next step might be to get an Orinoco and an external antenna, but I'm happy with the results for now.

My only question is this: Since I use MP '02, I zoom in all the way to view congested areas of AP's - the breadcrumbs always end up outside of the drawn roads. Now I know that sounds picky, but I just want to make sure that there aren't any extra NS settings that I'm missing. I did select the "Auto Adjust using GPS" option ... I hope that was correct. I've attached an example of my run tonight ... if this is normal, please let me know. Thanks!

- JJ
Attachments
example-1.JPG
example-1.JPG (60.12 KiB) Viewed 3393 times
JimmyJ

Postby wrzwaldo » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:00 pm

Yes that is normal and to be expected.
wrzwaldo

Postby JimmyJ » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:26 pm

wrzwaldo wrote:Yes that is normal and to be expected.

:)

Thank you ...
128-Bit WEP | No SSID Broadcast | MAC Filtering | Static IP's

Aww hell - it works for me. :D
JimmyJ

Postby WiFi-Spy » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:53 pm

thanks for the awsome scripts!!! now I have to get mapoint
WiFi-Spy
Mini Stumbler

Distance announcement

Postby longharty » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:31 am

It's a great script even if you dont' have MapPoint. The speech feature is terrific but would it also be possible to get the distance announced? Once GPS is enabled the last column shows the distance to the AP. While warwalking it would be great to have this announced as well.
longharty
Mini Stumbler

Postby jrcsnet » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:25 pm

One other thing that I should just point out for JimmyJ is to make sure that the GPS uses the same datum as Mappoint (WGS '84 is the correct one). I had this issue as well where most roads were off, however after changing the datum on the GPS 99% of the breadcrumbs were on the road.
jrcsnet
Mini Stumbler

Nifty idea for script

Postby radioguy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:52 am

I occasionally get a AP that is apparently mobile. How about a script that IDs this AP in a special way. Like a " (M)" at the end of the SSID. The only way I can think of detecting it is by the ammount of time it shows up on your list. If someone has a better idea of how to detect it I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks all for who have contributed to these scripts. I feel good I helped in some why with my GPS status announcements. :cool:
radioguy
Mini Stumbler

Postby fanplant » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:27 am

chemman14 wrote:it didnt work
tells me it cant creat script engine
what am i doing wrong? is it supposed to be .txt or another file extension?

I don’t know if this has been answered but I think I know. In NS go to View/options then go to scripting and choose external script. I don’t think file extension matters if you choose the correct script type. Good luck.
fanplant
Mini Stumbler

Postby lacentrix » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:00 am

Does anyone else have an issue with MP acting choppy when ploting AP's on the map or just driving, mine does this, but without NS running MP runs smooth.
lacentrix
Mini Stumbler

Postby G8tK33per » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:10 am

lacentrix wrote:Does anyone else have an issue with MP acting choppy when ploting AP's on the map or just driving, mine does this, but without NS running MP runs smooth.

Maybe a memory or processor issue? Do you have other app's open or running when this happens?
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

PreviousNext

Return to Scripts