Master script for NetStumbler 0.4

Take a script, leave a script - Like the penny tray only different

Postby mr0815 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:33 pm

Hi.
I used an older version for a few month. It works quite well.
Now I installed the latest version hoping to solve a prob.
I live in a town with several tram routes. I used scanning by driving tram.
Now I want to build the routes in mappoint by dropping dots.
Is it possible to change the colour of the dots? I plan to set route 1 with red dots, route 2 with blue, and so on.
At the end i wanted to have several routes in mappoint each in a several colour.

ps: 5 minutes ago I tested the latest version. Im using a Navilock 202 and Mappoint 2004. Im living in germany but the new script sets my GPS destination to houston, texas.
The old script sets the right destination, either mappoint itself. I set NMEA as GPS protocol. Whats wrong?

thanks
mr0815
Mini Stumbler

Postby eureka » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:33 pm

Hi there, First of all ive got some odd behavior to report but i still love the script =)

First off. I got the scripts working but oddly i have to "start" the settings file before the "master" file to get it to plot on the map at all. Otherwise it dosnt seem to know whats going on.

Second. I keep getting an odd error, it dosnt seem to be too consistant, sometimes i get it every 2 sec. others it might be 5 min but either way it crashes the script and everything has to be restarted. Heres the message from the popup.

---------------------------
An Error was reported in your script.

Microsoft VBScript runtime error.
Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: "DegDirection"
Line:1 Char:1
SCode 800A01C2

Heres some info about my setup.
Windows xp pro sp2 + all updates & all .net
Newest windows build of NS
Microsoft Mappoint 2004
Orinoco Gold Wireless network card
Mouse High sensitivity low power GPS.

And what i believe is the newest version of your script on the front page.
Well, like i said it seems all is going well, the voice is telling me the different aps and their status and then just out of nowhere it dies and errors out with that message. I have to close mappoint then restart the script, though the error will just come up again in a few min.

Thanks, other than that seems to be great =)
HB

Oh yeah, if you want somewhere to host your stuff i would be happy to give you a subdomain on my server to host it all? If your interested email me eureka {}at{} fusionnetwork.us
eureka
Mini Stumbler

Postby andbad » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:25 am

goldfndr wrote:Question to those with MapPoint: Do either of the 2006 versions work for waypoints or centering? You should be able to swap ns04mappoint.vbs 20060629 vs 2007 with the following exceptions:
  • Add or remove the BestSNR parameter to the OnScanCompleteMappoint subroutine.
  • Add or remove the Distance function.
Let me know what you find, and I'll try to dig further. Also, please enable track drawing (WriteTrack) and crumb trails (DropCrumbs), let me know if those work.

what do you mean for "add or remove distance function"?
Must I remove from this line:

ElseIf Distance(crumbLat, crumbLon, NowLat, NowLon) > CrumbGap Then

And i must to change BestSNR with a fix number?

Thanks a lot.

By(t)e
andbad
Mini Stumbler

Postby goldfndr » Mon May 14, 2007 5:59 pm

mr0815 wrote:Hi.
I used an older version for a few month. It works quite well.
Now I installed the latest version hoping to solve a prob.
I live in a town with several tram routes. I used scanning by driving tram.
Now I want to build the routes in mappoint by dropping dots.
Is it possible to change the colour of the dots? I plan to set route 1 with red dots, route 2 with blue, and so on.
At the end i wanted to have several routes in mappoint each in a several colour.

Sure. Just change the CrumbSymbol value in ns04settings.vbs. A list of pushpin symbols/values for CrumbSymbol and WEPIcon and NonWEPIcon is available and you can even create your own.

mr0815 wrote:ps: 5 minutes ago I tested the latest version. Im using a Navilock 202 and Mappoint 2004. Im living in germany but the new script sets my GPS destination to houston, texas.
The old script sets the right destination, either mappoint itself. I set NMEA as GPS protocol. Whats wrong?

You can/should change the place value in ns04settings.vbs from the default of "Deer Park, TX". You really should look through all of the settings, as there may be others that won't fit your desired goals.
For quickest response, catch me on IRC: #wigle
goldfndr

Postby goldfndr » Mon May 14, 2007 6:06 pm

eureka wrote:Microsoft VBScript runtime error.
Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: "DegDirection"
Line:1 Char:1
SCode 800A01C2

Thanks for the bug report. My bad -- insufficient (zero?) testing.

In ns04speech.vbs, change line 413 (or so) from:

& strDirection(DegreesToCompass(DegDirection(OldLat, NowLat, OldLon, NowLon),TellDirection))

to:

& strDirection(DegreesToCompass(DegDirection(), TellDirection))

and that will take care of the DegDirection error. The function DegDirection is defined in ns04master.vbs without any parameters.
goldfndr

Postby goldfndr » Mon May 14, 2007 6:25 pm

andbad wrote:what do you mean for "add or remove distance function"?

Between the two versions, the Distance function was moved from ns04mappoint.vbs to ns04master.vbs. It needs to be defined exactly once.

andbad wrote:And i must to change BestSNR with a fix number?

Between the two versions, the OnScanCompleteMappoint subroutine in ns04mappoint.vbs changed from

Sub OnScanCompleteMappoint(BestSNR)

to

Sub OnScanCompleteMappoint()

and the call in ns04events.vbs changed from

If UseMappoint then OnScanCompleteMappoint BestSNR

to

If UseMappoint then OnScanCompleteMappoint

because BestSNR was changed from a passed parameter to a global variable. Therefore, any occurences of OnScanCompleteMappoint should have the BestSNR parameter added or removed so that the definition in ns04mappoint.vbs matches the call in ns04events.vbs.

In a nutshell, VBScript doesn't have optional parameters for user-defined subroutines/functions, so one must specify the defined quantity of parameters.
goldfndr

Postby Veritas0Aequita » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:35 pm

Goldfndr,

I started using your Scripts earlier this week and really appreciate all the hard work that has gone into making them. For the past two days, NetStumbler v0.4 and MapPoint 2006 have worked great together while stumbling around town. I did notice the map will not rotate in the direction of travel. So yesterday I changed the settings to use a default map, which was a map from the previous day of stumbling. This worked fine yesterday and was able to see both tracks and showed none of the problems I list below.

However, today while using NS with MapPoint I encountered an odd problem that I have not yet been able to figure out. I start NS from desktop with the external script 20070125.zip starting MapPoint like normal. When MapPoint finishes loading, it does not zoom in correctly to my GPS position every time I load it. When using a default set map, MapPoint will zoom partially to my GPS location, but upon further zooming manually it will go back to where it was initially zoomed to when started. It always zooms out to about 50% on the slider bar showing my set "Place" but centered on my GPS location. I was able to duplicate this every time if either delLastLoc or delLasttrack were set to false 100% of the time. With those two settings set to true it was variable. I also tried with no default map set and would get the same results. The zoom in would still be incorrect and not able to hold manual zoom.

So I decided to uninstall MapPoint, NetStumbler and delete the scripts and restarted. I then reinstalled all three and used 20060629.zip scripts. After editing the settings zoom fails to work at all in MapPoint. At startup I am able to hold the zoom level if manually zoomed in. When using the same default map as before, NS fails to load and locks up yet MapPoint loads with the mouse cursor flickering between a moving hourglass and a normal cursor icon. I am also able to manually zoom to my GPS location during all this and it stays zoomed in.

Other information:
Windows XP Service Pack 2 on a Dell D820 Latitude using an OnCourse BlueTooth-339 GPS with IPW3945ABG network adapter.
Veritas0Aequita
Mini Stumbler

Postby goldfndr » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:37 am

The map not rotating in the direction of travel is, I'm pretty sure, standard throughout the history of the scripts. While direction could certainly be calculated (perhaps via the Direction function), I don't know how this is done in MapPoint. I do think it's a great idea, and even said so ("Ideally, rather than centering and slipping back to center, you'd optimize for view ahead." "Figure out direction, then keep the vehicle like 50% to 75% away from margin." "But this requires algorithms."), but alas, a solution eludes me.

With regard to Zoom: the only time the script should be asserting Zoom control is when one stops scanning -- it's the various ZoomTo calls in the OnDisableScanMappoint() subroutine in ns04mappoint.vbs, only one ZoomTo is called. My guess is that the resets of the manual zooming is a side-effect of calling MapPoint through the API rather than as an application. I suggest trying one of the earlier versions of the Master Script (or a predecessor) to see if something broke, but I can't help you if it has always been "broken" (it might be a MapPoint bug).

That said, if the only thing that seems to be broken is zoom, that makes me happy that there's at least one reported success with the other functionality (something I hadn't yet seen with the 2007 version[s]).
goldfndr

Postby idomty1337 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:04 am

hello. i am new in this forum and have a question: is there any script that work like that: when i start netstumbler and drive around a voice tell me if netstumbler found a wep network or an open network?
idomty1337
Mini Stumbler

Postby streaker69 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:32 am

idomty1337 wrote:hello. i am new in this forum and have a question: is there any script that work like that: when i start netstumbler and drive around a voice tell me if netstumbler found a wep network or an open network?

Why would that information be important to you WHILE you're driving?
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby Dutch » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:33 am

idomty1337 wrote:hello. i am new in this forum and have a question: is there any script that work like that: when i start netstumbler and drive around a voice tell me if netstumbler found a wep network or an open network?

Yep.. Junlygust has returned...

<sarcasm>
How could there be such a thing. That would mean a computer could speak. You think this is Star Trek ? Next you're going to tell us that people will be able to make phonecalls from their cars while driving, or that one day people will walk on the moon.. Ain't going to happen. Ever! It's against nature, the bible, and applied physics.
</sarcasm>

Now go to the first page of this thread, and read from the first message.

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Postby idomty1337 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:43 am

ive found this post

http://www.netstumbler.org/showpost.php?p=167877&postcount=101

i have tried to edit this like he said but when i try theres no voice.

can someone please help me:(
idomty1337
Mini Stumbler

Postby MikeP928 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:44 am

idomty1337 wrote:ive found this post

http://www.netstumbler.org/showpost.php?p=167877&postcount=101

The script will work much better when you find your shift key. Run, don't walk, to the Welcome Desk and read the posts there. Then things will make much more sense. (At least to the rest of us.)

MikeP
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
MikeP928

Postby goldfndr » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:11 pm

idomty1337 wrote:http://www.netstumbler.org/showpost.php?p=167877&postcount=101

There's a lot of text in that post. I'll assume you mean item 2, as that's the only item referring to code. That said...

There's no way that that change would block speech. Choose one:
  • You made a typo.
  • You never had speech to begin with, and the change didn't make a difference.
The change simply reduces silence between WAV files by allowing WAV files with spaces, it doesn't add sound or speech. You should revert to a copy from the .ZIP you downloaded and try again.

Assuming you have the scripts installed/configured correctly for voice, you should hear "Speech featuring ___" when they start. In fact, you can run ns04speech.vbs directly at the command line (or maybe double click it) and you should hear that. If you have UseThreading nonzero, you won't hear it until ns04thread.vbs is run](I'll bet '1337 muted the sound.)[/color]
goldfndr

Postby mr0815 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:10 am

thx for the hint goldfndr.

I tried ist ince more. I created my own pushpins, but I am not able to use them in the script.
The script uses internal numbers for the pushpin symbols.
The index posted by you show these internal umbers. Changing the symbols by numbers is not a problem.
I still dont know what do do with my own pushpins. Do they have a number or not an if yes, which number is it.
Im still a bit swamped with this own pushpin thing.

I take some time during the holidays to fix the probs.
mr0815
Mini Stumbler

PreviousNext

Return to Scripts