No more commfoolering around... Live position tracking from NetStumbler to MapPoint

Take a script, leave a script - Like the penny tray only different

Postby variable » Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:41 am

ok, going back to the beginning....

the VB Script

Use Netstumbler and tell it to look for the script
-go to options, hit the scripting button, go the default script option and the VB script should pop in (has to be in the same directory as NS)

now, i get a lot of noise. I assume the sound with the fluctuating tone is signifying signal strength on my AP. So it's doing something.... So, how does this interact with Mappoint, or more to the point (no pun intended) what is supposed to happen next? Open map point? None of the GPS features will work because NS is using the com port... If it's supposed to just throw up pushpins, i don't see that either. What am I missing?
variable

Postby Madhadder » Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:28 am

Before the "Great Crash" the default NS scrip was posted here.
Searching for it didn't turn up anything of value.
Can somebody please post the Default NS script again so others
can see/have a copy of it...
Madhadder

Postby RedRocket » Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:05 pm

I dug it out of the EXE and posted it over on http://forums.netstumbler.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5417
RedRocket
Mini Stumbler

Postby variable » Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:37 pm

so like, i figured out what i was doing wrong... I guess it would have been a good idea for me to set the correct language for ns to read... anyway, now that that's working, i get realtime mapping updates, but wasn't the idea that it logs ap's in mappoint as they pop up?
variable

Postby Madhadder » Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:58 am

Originally posted by RedRocket
I dug it out of the EXE and posted it over on http://forums.netstumbler.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5417

Thanks..
Madhadder

trouble with script

Postby XeonProcess » Thu May 01, 2003 9:32 am

Ok I have the script in my NS dir, and configure it for external and select the script. I get this error when I apply

Failed to create script enigne. Cannot execute script.

What am I doing worng?

os- winxp
XeonProcess
Mini Stumbler

Postby variable » Thu May 01, 2003 9:38 am

you have to select the vbscript language - it's in the scripting dialog box under language.
variable

Postby XeonProcess » Thu May 01, 2003 9:41 am

Thank you, now it works.
XeonProcess
Mini Stumbler

Excellent Script....but got a problem

Postby pingywon » Sat May 03, 2003 9:47 am

EXCELLENT script I must say !

It is everything i think most of us were looking for in a script .....being able to have live position tracking is awesome !

but I have an issue (or a misunderstanding)

I was under the impression that while you not only get live position tracking for your vehicle (which worked flawlessly) you also get AP Blips when they are detected.

2 things I noticed while runing the script (I have just come back from running it...only ran it this one time so far)

1) It appeared I picked up a few less APs then normal (drove a usual course; one I have well mapped) ...could have been the overcast weather, as I dont see the script affecting this

and

2) This one bothers me .... I dont get any AP blips on my mappoint while driving !
Again maybe I misunderstodd this script, but I thought I should be able to see the APs ...
I havent altered anything ....does anyone have any ideas ??

please advise !

Thank you
Yazat Karatus Arazatus O-bey

http://www.pingywon.com
pingywon

GPS+

Postby Wolf- » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:16 pm

The links to GPS+ seem to have gone dead.
Anyone know the new home of this utility?
Wolf-

Postby chevowner » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:15 pm

jjkaczor

Very kool script works great, after wasting time with comfoolery and DCM I was ready to give up.

My setup: Gateway Solo 2550 laptop with an Earthmate USB gps and mappoint 2004.
chevowner
Mini Stumbler

Postby backlund » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:51 pm

This thread is looking like it's starting to die, so I figured I would post and try to get it going again. Much like some of the others in the thread, I'm having trouble getting this script to work. I have mappoint 2004. NS fires up and Mappoint fires up right after. The GPS appears to work, as I receive a skull and crossbones icon that moves around the map based on my location. Unfortunately, no AP's show up, and there is a horrid blinking of all the items in Mappoint. Anyone else having these problems should post again, so we can see if we can figure out what is wrong. Thanks!!
backlund
Mini Stumbler

Postby robmonkey » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:22 am

This script freaking rawks. Good work my man!
-Rob
South Fl
robmonkey
Mini Stumbler

COM-port Splitting

Postby LiquidNOx » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:44 pm

I've been wardriving for about three years know. I started out without GPS, but about one year ago i decided to myself one. I also downloaded Eltima Serial Splitter to create virtual copies of the serial port my GPS is connected to. Works really great. Now I can have Netstumbler, MS Mappoint 2004, Stumbverter and GPS Info running simultaneously. Give it a try. ;-)
LiquidNOx
Mini Stumbler

GPS Plus for MapPoint

Postby Brainy42 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:16 am

Could anybody who downloaded GPS Plus while it was available, post it somewhere ? I am REALLY looking for a naviagtion script, that works like AGPS, but is a script that I can modify to suit my needs. (especially localisation of streetnames and stuff... I want it to speak german roads in german and french roads in french... and AGPS is never gonna do that !)

I would like to write such a script myself, but I can't get the basics from the good old ns04mappoint-script only...

and other navigation-script ideas ?

Brainy
Brainy42
Mini Stumbler

PreviousNext

Return to Scripts