NS php->sql db parser

Take a script, leave a script - Like the penny tray only different

NS php->sql db parser

Postby deaftone » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:33 pm

This is a little "off topic" so I'll probably get flamed like other noobs for seeking info. If anyone knows of a public php script that would basically do the same thing as the one on wigle.net, meaning: being able to upload a .ns1/summary file for parsing and displaying/storing found info in a mysql db for later use, it would be greatly appreciated.

another example: http://www.secure-wifi.net/index.php?p=stats
(Yes I have searched for that script, other php-based ones and emailed the author/admin of that site, no luck.)
deaftone
Mini Stumbler

Postby riscphree » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:36 am

yeah, all that stuff your going to have to code yourself, i dont think they are in a hurry to release the source.
riscphree
Mini Stumbler

Postby deaftone » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:50 pm

I never specifically said their source, but there are some scripts out there for the public that do the same thing, only thing is, they're either python or perl.
deaftone
Mini Stumbler

Postby King_Ice_Flash » Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:07 am

I thought that there was a script posted on the World Wide Wardrive site, that would go through the NS files, but I do not remember what it did, I also can not find it any more.
"Yeah," said a voice from under the table, "you go to pieces so fast people get hit by the shrapnel."
King_Ice_Flash

Postby Ze_NiTH » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:03 pm

I was in the middle of making a script that would do just that. That was also the same time that I discovered wigle.net and saw no use for the script after that. It should be pretty easy to go through the summary files, havent looked at the .ns1 files though.
Ze_NiTH
Mini Stumbler

Postby deaftone » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:44 am

The .ns1 is binary; I'm having some trouble understanding how to parse it in php... Since you said you “were in the middle” of writing it when you discovered wigle.net, do you still have what you got up to?
deaftone
Mini Stumbler

Postby Ze_NiTH » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:58 am

Sorry, I lost it in a reformat =\
Ze_NiTH
Mini Stumbler

Postby localhost » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:43 pm

deaftone: my site (secure-wifi.net) does not use the type of script that you are looking to do (although i am developing it right now since it would be very useful).

as of right now, i export to a summary file, run a c++ program that i wrote on the summary file, then upload the summary to the webserver. the same c++ program handles the statistics page. when someone search for a mac address, it checks using regex to see if it is a mac or not, and then performs a grep on the database. since it is just a text file with only one possible matching line, it is not too big of a deal lag'wise, but i still want to move it to mysql.

if you really want, i can clean up the source and post it (it is kinda sloppy right now).

btw: it is alot easier to parse a summary file than the ns1 file (unless you need data that is only contained in the ns1, then ur sol)
localhost

Postby candy-man » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:49 pm

Thank you for expressing an intrest in the site (secure-wifi.net). Like localhost said, it's currently unavailable to the public.

Bill
Secure-Wifi Staff
candy-man
Mini Stumbler

Postby deaftone » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:20 am

Thanks for the replys. I'd love any piece of code that I can get my hands on at the moment. At least that way I'll have something to look through and build some ideas from. You mentioned developing it/a similar one, any chance on sending a copy when it's done? :) It would be greatly appreciated.
deaftone
Mini Stumbler

See my message

Postby janolap1 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:05 am

Hi,

I'm beginning such a php script.
I have already done it for netstumbler text summary (see this message).
You can test the script for ns1 files and improve it (contact me if you can improve it because I'm searching for solutions) (see this message).

Cordially

Jean CARTIER
janolap1
Mini Stumbler

Postby deaftone » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:25 pm

Thanks janolap1! I'll mod it a little, but the code helps a lot.
deaftone
Mini Stumbler

Good luck !

Postby janolap1 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:27 am

Hi deaftone,

I hope you'll make it work.

Those days, I don't have enough time at work :p to enhance it.

Leave it to the community when it works... please, leave the source open !

Janolap1
janolap1
Mini Stumbler

The script finally works (with a few bugs)

Postby janolap1 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:17 am

See my other post...
janolap1
Mini Stumbler

Postby deaftone » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:09 am

Yeah, I noticed it. Just having some trouble sending the parsed info to a SQL db, for some reason it doesn't like punctuation... Oh well, I'll figure it out hopefully.
deaftone
Mini Stumbler

Next

Return to Scripts