PHP Script Importer/Parser/Map/Statistics

Take a script, leave a script - Like the penny tray only different

PHP Script Importer/Parser/Map/Statistics

Postby Moddy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:56 am

Hey all..
This is my first post here, but from looking around (i've been using the search button a helluva lot) i've also found lot's of usefull information that has helped me in my project so far. I'm an 18 year old geek from a place called wollongong australia. (Thought i would introduce myself...)

Anyways as of late i've been working on a php proggy that among other things:
-automatically imports net stumbler summary files (This is in part thanks to cloaks neat little script at http://www.netstumbler.org/showthread.php?t=16269)
-plots it out on google earth
-calculated statistics of all data logged and displays in tables and graphs.
-Other stuff planned..

Check it out Here

While i'm not posting my code yet (it's still in pretty heavy development, and i believe that posting as is would do more bad than good) I realise that netstumbler is a free program, and i want to give back to the community. If there's any intrest for this post and let me know, if so i'll clean it up so its more portable and post it here..

(This may have been done to death as far as i know, but the search button leads me to believe otherwise)

Thanks for the great program by the way!. :)
Moddy

Postby Scruge » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:08 am

Moddy wrote:Hey all..
This is my first post here, but from looking around (i've been using the search button a helluva lot) i've also found lot's of usefull information that has helped me in my project so far. I'm an 18 year old geek from a place called wollongong australia. (Thought i would introduce myself...)

Anyways as of late i've been working on a php proggy that among other things:
-automatically imports net stumbler summary files (This is in part thanks to cloaks neat little script at http://www.netstumbler.org/showthread.php?t=16269)
-plots it out on google earth
-calculated statistics of all data logged and displays in tables and graphs.
-Other stuff planned..

Check it out Here

While i'm not posting my code yet (it's still in pretty heavy development, and i believe that posting as is would do more bad than good) I realise that netstumbler is a free program, and i want to give back to the community. If there's any intrest for this post and let me know, if so i'll clean it up so its more portable and post it here..

(This may have been done to death as far as i know, but the search button leads me to believe otherwise)

Thanks for the great program by the way!. :)

Looks good.

I couldn't ever find the stats/graphs. However I wasn't able to see everything as my notebook's screen resolution was set at 1024x768.

I'm curious as to what GE setting you're using to thin your map markers to only a few when zoomed out?
Scruge

Postby Moddy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:07 pm

It may be a tad congested for smaller screens.. i'll have to try on something smaller (i'm using a 1920x1200). The stats page is at http://www.moddy.org/wollongongwifi/statistics.php.

Also the GE marker thing is called Clusterer, Limits the amount of Overlays so the map doesn't kill peoples puters.
Moddy

Return to Scripts