phpStumblerParser v1.0 now available

Take a script, leave a script - Like the penny tray only different

phpStumblerParser v1.0 now available

Postby deadwood » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:12 am

In the last week I have finally found the time to fix some issues with the original phpStumblerParser and I am pleased to announce that v1.0 is now available.

v1.0 includes the following new features:

1) You can now exclude records that have no GPS data
2) There was an issue where if the summary file contained records from multiple sessions that the output file would contain a bad record, this is now fixed.

I hope some of you find the application useful.

If anyone can report success with importing into other mapping products please reply to this thread. So far I have only tested with Microsoft Streets & Trips.

http://kb3ipd.com/phpStumblerParser/index.php
phpStumblerParser - Generates files suitable for importing into Mapping products from NetStumbler summary files.
deadwood
Mini Stumbler

Postby deadwood » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:18 pm

phpStumblerParser 1.1 is now available.

1.1 allows you to generate a Google KML file for viewing in Google Earth.

Enjoy!
phpStumblerParser - Generates files suitable for importing into Mapping products from NetStumbler summary files.
deadwood
Mini Stumbler

Postby mbolgian » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:34 pm

ROFL I like how when you click on "Known Issues", there are none...

Why not just omit the link then? Or include an If/Then logic piece to only show the link if there's a known issue?

Not flaming you, just making an observation....

Testing your app now, will let you know if I have any problems...
mbolgian

Postby mbolgian » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:40 pm

OK it handled my summary.txt nicely, contained almost 6000 points.

One suggestion: On the Google KML file link, change the extension to .kml instead of .xml so I can lazily open it with Google Earth instead of having to rename it and then open it.
mbolgian

Postby mbolgian » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:50 pm

I can't open the KML file it produces. Google Earth tells me this (see attachment).

I can email you the KML file if you want.

(Don't EVEN act like you guys didn't right click and check the file size on my picture. I know you did!!)
Attachments
kmlerror.GIF
kmlerror.GIF (8.15 KiB) Viewed 1895 times
mbolgian

Postby deadwood » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:52 pm

I believe that the problem has to do with a bad ssid of '' I need to produce a workaround for this, may take some time. Thanks for testing though. Also, the kml should file does have an extension of .kml so not sure why you are seeing .xml
deadwood
Mini Stumbler

Postby deadwood » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:06 pm

One of the ssid's did have some strange value, if you remove the entry for mac address 00:0c:41:3c:fe:2e it works well. Right now I am not sure what this character is.
deadwood
Mini Stumbler

Postby mbolgian » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:15 pm

Well, I know it's not Unicode.

BWAHAHAHA

P.S. It's the U character with those two cute little dots on the top of it.
mbolgian

Postby beakmyn » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:01 pm

deadwood wrote:I believe that the problem has to do with a bad ssid of '' I need to produce a workaround for this, may take some time. Thanks for testing though. Also, the kml should file does have an extension of .kml so not sure why you are seeing .xml

The easiest way is to put the SSID in a <![CDATA[ special characters here ]]> structure. That's what I do ;)
beakmyn

Postby fregniacciaro » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:12 pm

mbolgian wrote:Well, I know it's not Unicode.

BWAHAHAHA

P.S. It's the U character with those two cute little dots on the top of it.

Umlaut
When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today, I'm gonna read it to you.

Rompipalle della Chiesa del WiFi
SHAMELESS PLUG!

"Are you trying to irritate my colon ? Because if you are, I'll shit all over you in such a way you'll end up in a sanatorium, never to be heard from again."
--Dutch
fregniacciaro

Postby brwrdrvr » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:40 pm

fregniacciaro wrote:Umlaut

<Invokes the church lady>

Well ain't that special, hmmmm?

</Invokes the church lady> :D
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

Postby wrzwaldo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:02 pm

mbolgian wrote:I can't open the KML file it produces. Google Earth tells me this (see attachment).

I can email you the KML file if you want.

(Don't EVEN act like you guys didn't right click and check the file size on my picture. I know you did!!)

No need to with an image that looks that shitty! Unless you managed to create a bloated compressed image, errr wait I forgot who we are dealing with here...

:rolleyes:
wrzwaldo

Postby fregniacciaro » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:37 pm

brwrdrvr wrote:<Invokes the church lady>

Well ain't that special, hmmmm?

</Invokes the church lady> :D

Yes. Yes it is.
When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today, I'm gonna read it to you.

SHAMELESS PLUG!

"Are you trying to irritate my colon ? Because if you are, I'll shit all over you in such a way you'll end up in a sanatorium, never to be heard from again."
--Dutch
fregniacciaro

Postby brwrdrvr » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:52 pm

fregniacciaro wrote:Yes. Yes it is.

DOH!! I forgot for a split second whom I was dealing with.

That is some funny shit though. :D
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

Postby fregniacciaro » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:01 pm

brwrdrvr wrote:DOH!! I forgot for a split second whom I was dealing with.

That is some funny shit though. :D

Actually - I remember coming across it when this thread was active.

SHAMELESS PLUG!

--Dutch
fregniacciaro

Next

Return to Scripts