Simple excel export script?

Take a script, leave a script - Like the penny tray only different

Simple excel export script?

Postby webrunner » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:39 am

I still haven't found a simple way to import Netstumbler data into Excel, preserving information like MAC address, SSID, Channel, detected speed, Vendor name, type, AP/AH, Encryption type, and the other fields available in Netstumbler.

I've tried to import the summary export data from Netstumbler, as well as importing data converted into MapSource (.wpt) etc...

I would *really* like to see some tool/script that could export all the available fields as seen in Netstumbler using semicolon (;) as the separator into a simple textfile. Since i'm completely braindead on programming, i'm writing this to ask if anyone should have something like this already available...

Regards,
Webrunner
webrunner
Mini Stumbler

Postby King_Ice_Flash » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:30 pm

Why can't you just import the summary export from NetStumbler into Excel?

Just import it from excel using "tab" as the delimiting character. Works for me.
"Yeah," said a voice from under the table, "you go to pieces so fast people get hit by the shrapnel."
King_Ice_Flash

Postby wrzwaldo » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:33 pm

Not sure what you are doing but I just opened a summary text file in Excel and everything is there.
wrzwaldo

Postby hoosierguy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:51 am

I have the same problem this guy does. Exporting gives me: # Latitude Longitude ( SSID ) Type ( BSSID ) Time (GMT) [ SNR Sig Noise ] # ( Name ) Flags Channelbits BcnIntvl DataRate LastChannel

The ones I really need are WEP and Vender. Any ideas how I can accomplish this? Thanks!
hoosierguy
Mini Stumbler

Postby streaker69 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:53 am

hoosierguy wrote:I have the same problem this guy does. Exporting gives me: # Latitude Longitude ( SSID ) Type ( BSSID ) Time (GMT) [ SNR Sig Noise ] # ( Name ) Flags Channelbits BcnIntvl DataRate LastChannel

The ones I really need are WEP and Vender. Any ideas how I can accomplish this? Thanks!

Yep, you can do the same thing I did when I needed an answer to that question. I searched the forums.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby beakmyn » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:19 am

[quote="webrunner"]I still haven't found a simple way to import Netstumbler data into Excel, preserving information like MAC address, SSID, Channel, detected speed, Vendor name, type, AP/AH, Encryption type, and the other fields available in Netstumbler.

I've tried to import the summary export data from Netstumbler, as well as importing data converted into MapSource (.wpt) etc...

I would *really* like to see some tool/script that could export all the available fields as seen in Netstumbler using semicolon (]

Points to Signature
beakmyn

Postby streaker69 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:28 am

beakmyn wrote:Points to Signature

Reminds Beak to look at the date of the OP's post. I don't think you had that in your sig when it was posted. ;)
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby beakmyn » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:31 am

[quote="streaker69"]Reminds Beak to look at the date of the OP's post. I don't think you had that in your sig when it was posted. ]

Ah crap, there goes my Karma.
beakmyn

Return to Scripts