TrackNS v0.1.5

Take a script, leave a script - Like the penny tray only different

TrackNS v0.1.5

Postby rogerRabbit » Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:10 am

New installation and initialisation procedures.

And some instructions.
Attachments
trackns v0.1.5.zip
(49.59 KiB) Downloaded 1549 times
rogerRabbit

Postby Eyecannon » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:11 am

YES! Zoom finally works! Works perfectly as advertised too :) The line width didn't work, but I don't even care about that feature. The tracklog is GREAT, seems to work perfectly... haven't turned it into a map yet though, as I'm waiting for a few more days to try and merge with it.

Any thoughts about merging this script with jjkaczor's? That would be the ultimate script: flawless tracking AND live mapping with those nifty circles ;)

Good work everybody! :D
No, officer, YOU are under arrest!

http://eyecannon.com/wardrive.html
Eyecannon

Postby apoLLon » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:23 am

this update is really nice, i like the readme...but netstumbler doesn't load my custom map at startup (TrackNS.ptm), since 0.1.5, NS loads a default europe...i put the map in the same directory where the script is, i don't know why it's not working :(
|<€€þ !ŧ ®€4|_,

apoLLon

..:: All your 802.11b are belong to us ::..
apoLLon

Postby rogerRabbit » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:52 am

Originally posted by apoLLon
this update is really nice, i like the readme...but netstumbler doesn't load my custom map at startup (TrackNS.ptm), since 0.1.5, NS loads a default europe...i put the map in the same directory where the script is, i don't know why it's not working :(

You need to save your custom map as a MP Template (*.ptt) rather than as a Map (*.ptm). Then it should work!
rogerRabbit

Postby rogerRabbit » Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:35 am

Originally posted by Eyecannon
The line width didn't work

It should be OK if widthControl.txt is in the same folder as the script file. (It isn't a 'real-time' feature like the zoomControl - TrackNS will use whatever width value is in the file when you launch NS.)
rogerRabbit

Postby rogerRabbit » Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:48 am

Any thoughts about merging this script with jjkaczor's?

I'm reluctant to nick other people's ideas and dump them in a script of mine . . . .

I would like to include read-outs of bearing and speed in the next version, though.
rogerRabbit

Postby apoLLon » Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:41 am

Originally posted by rogerRabbit

You need to save your custom map as a MP Template (*.ptt) rather than as a Map (*.ptm). Then it should work!

that was it! thanks rogerRabbit, now it works perfectly!
|<€€þ !ŧ ®€4|_,

apoLLon

..:: All your 802.11b are belong to us ::..
apoLLon

Postby jjkaczor » Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:30 am

I'm reluctant to nick other people's ideas and dump them in a script of mine . . . .

I would like to include read-outs of bearing and speed in the next version, though.

I have no issues, I put the script out there, with full source, and I haven't had time to do anything with it since last week. It would be different if it was closed-source.
jjkaczor

Postby Eyecannon » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:52 am

It should be OK if widthControl.txt is in the same folder as the script file. (It isn't a 'real-time' feature like the zoomControl - TrackNS will use whatever width value is in the file when you launch NS.)

ahhh, I thought it was realtime... no biggie.

Eyecannon

Postby Eyecannon » Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:55 pm

Noticed maybe a bug/problem or something... are the tracks supposed to fill up tracks.txt indefinitely? Or am I supposed to save them with a different filename after every drive? Because strangely, it remembered the points for the drive I had previous to tonight, so the tracks.txt is at 107KB and I guess can't get any larger? Or something. :confused:

Eyecannon

Postby rogerRabbit » Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:34 am

Noticed maybe a bug/problem or something... are the tracks supposed to fill up tracks.txt indefinitely? Or am I supposed to save them with a different filename after every drive? Because strangely, it remembered the points for the drive I had previous to tonight, so the tracks.txt is at 107KB and I guess can't get any larger? Or something. :confused:

I've designed Tracks.txt to act as a database to store all of your previous tracks so, yes, it will keep getting bigger. There shouldn't be any NS performance issues re a big file.

This way, when mapping my previous tracks, I just have to Shift+F9 in MP and it updates the map automatically. (Maybe when I get a Gig of data I'll find the update takes too long and I'll do it a different way!)

I find I get tracks or parts of tracks that I want to delete (e.g. the same bit of road that gets used a lot or a GPS track that's too far 'off') and I'm working on a script (or maybe a MP COM add-in) to make the selection and deletion of tracks user-friendly.
rogerRabbit

Postby Eyecannon » Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:00 am

I've designed Tracks.txt to act as a database to store all of your previous tracks so, yes, it will keep getting bigger. There shouldn't be any NS performance issues re a big file.

This way, when mapping my previous tracks, I just have to Shift+F9 in MP and it updates the map automatically. (Maybe when I get a Gig of data I'll find the update takes too long and I'll do it a different way!)

I find I get tracks or parts of tracks that I want to delete (e.g. the same bit of road that gets used a lot or a GPS track that's too far 'off') and I'm working on a script (or maybe a MP COM add-in) to make the selection and deletion of tracks user-friendly.

Well, mine definitely didn't record last nights drive, just the night before, which leads me to believe it's stuck at a certain size, or won't append properly... I did save both nights tracks as .ptm's, if you want to see those and compare them to my tracks.txt, I'd be happy to send them.

Eyecannon

Postby rogerRabbit » Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:06 pm

Well, mine definitely didn't record last nights drive, just the night before, which leads me to believe it's stuck at a certain size, or won't append properly... I did save both nights tracks as .ptm's, if you want to see those and compare them to my tracks.txt, I'd be happy to send them.

There shouldn't be any problem with appending. My tracks.txt has multi-days & is up to 114K and still appending quite happily.

You haven't got a very high value in distanceControl.txt by any chance?
rogerRabbit

Postby Eyecannon » Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:58 pm

There shouldn't be any problem with appending. My tracks.txt has multi-days & is up to 114K and still appending quite happily.

You haven't got a very high value in distanceControl.txt by any chance?

Distance is at 100.... OK, from what I figure by looking at the timestamp, is that it simply didn't record day #2's tracks... I have no idea why.

Eyecannon

Postby rogerRabbit » Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:05 pm

Distance is at 100.... OK, from what I figure by looking at the timestamp, is that it simply didn't record day #2's tracks... I have no idea why.

You were getting the track in the 'real-time' map so no problem with the GPS signal. I can't think of anything. How about this night's drive!?
rogerRabbit

Next

Return to Scripts