trouble with scripts

Take a script, leave a script - Like the penny tray only different

trouble with scripts

Postby homenet » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:37 am

I`m having a lot of trouble trying to run scripts with Netstumbler and MapPoint 2004 using windows 98. Both the programs run fine but i cant get any scripts to run. has anyone surcesfully got a script to run that will track and mark all the wireless points in win98?
To be completly honest i`m new to scripting competely so i`m not even syure if i`m running them right. The scripts that have come as .txt i`ve changed to .vbs and double clicked on them, usually i get a error message mentioning WshSheel.RegRead??
Anyway hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
Cheers
homenet
Mini Stumbler

Postby Thorn » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:01 pm

A WshShell.RegRead error indicates that the script is attempting to read a Registry record that doesn't exist.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/wsMthRegRead.asp
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby homenet » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:11 pm

yea i looked in the source even with being useless at programming i managed to find what the errors are referring to. the registry value their looking for is their cause i checked with regedit.
i`m just persuming its a prob cause i`m running 98SE. I`ve tried a few diffrent scriptsand the only one not to throw that error message just loads up mappoint then closes it again.
Surely some one must of got on eto work with 98SE??
homenet
Mini Stumbler

Return to Scripts