[JScript] WarScrape sonar/radar map

Take a script, leave a script - Like the penny tray only different

[JScript] WarScrape sonar/radar map

Postby xopr » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:07 pm

Hello. (First post and I want to share something immediately :))

I started scripting a sonar style application that highlights
previously located accesspoints on the map.
This could be useful to test the antenna quality of your wifi card.

On each Netstumbler 'pulse' all APs which are found wil be lit up for a few seconds, before they fade away again. (just like a radar)
This allows you to set up the antenna correctly, and quickly view which accesspoints are in your antenna's 'field of view'

The script was written on a WinXP w/ IE6.0 and needs Internet explorer (probably 5.0 and above)
Since I ran up into some problems and limitations, I thought fellow scripters could use this as a jump-start or just as primary scan addon.

View the screenshot to see how it looks like after I was done scanning. (from a rooftop)
The zip also contains a readme file for more info.

Good luck.

Footnote:
I know everything what's new, seems difficult.. Take your time.. I did too :)
Attachments
aps.jpg
aps.jpg (26.14 KiB) Viewed 2059 times
warscrape.zip
(84.13 KiB) Downloaded 801 times
xopr
Mini Stumbler

Postby swtcav99@ » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:02 pm

I tried it man but no luck with it. I have 4 active aps from where I sit right now and I still can not get anythign to pop up. I'd like a little bit more detailed instructions on how to use it.
swtcav99@

Postby xopr » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:48 am

swtcav99@ wrote:I tried it man but no luck with it. I have 4 active aps from where I sit right now and I still can not get anythign to pop up. I'd like a little bit more detailed instructions on how to use it.

Excuse me for my late reply.
I Didn't have the time to write a good howto (and still don't have), but somehow the already written readme wasn't included in the zip file.

To explain the uselessness of this program :D ->
It has no GPS function or whatsoever. You have to manually add some APs, and while driving/antenna checking, you will meet up on the previously found antennas.

I made this, because I didn't (and still don't) have M$ Mappoint, simply because I don't want to spend money on the software license.

Hopefully the attached readme will provide come clearance.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

xopr
Mini Stumbler

Return to Scripts