3 different setups

Post info/pics about your rigs that you use for stumbling!

3 different setups

Postby wiless » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:32 am

First time poster. I registered about a month ago, and learned alot from this site. Big thanks to all the pros on here. Good FAQ, and you can find anything by searching. It's all been covered.

My setups are:

IPAQ 3675 with sleeve and Orinoco gold running Ministumbler. Had some problems with Pocketwarrior.

Home - Micron 266 96 RAM with Orinoco gold card running Netstumbler

Work - Dell Latitude 1.6 512 RAM with again the coveted gold card.

I don't have an external antennae or GPS yet. A Jeep with no doors or top causes very little interference.

I also have the Knoppix cd, so I can run Kismet. I know some might think that's cheating, but it works. I've used to to look for rogue APs in some of our hospitals.

Stumbling from home to work finds about 70 wireless devices with Mini or Netstumbler. Kismet finds about 110. Eighty percent of these are open.

Again, thanks to all for contributing to this site. I didn't have to ask a single noobie question. YET.
wiless
Mini Stumbler

Postby wrzwaldo » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:39 am

I would like to thank you for taking the time to do the research to get where you are! I wish everyone new to wifi and this site for that matter would take the time to search and read. But you know what they say "Wish in one hand, shit in the other and see which one fills up faster. Again thanks!
wrzwaldo

Return to Stumbling Setups