Crazy Wardriving Setup

Post info/pics about your rigs that you use for stumbling!

Postby Madhadder » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:18 pm

Just get 4 laptops and 4 45Degree Sector Panels...

That outta cover ya just fine.... :D
Legends may sleep, but they never die!!!!
Madhadder

Postby wifigi » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:33 pm

sparafina wrote:It just seems odd to have a notebook on the roof rack when you can run the cables inside. You can get a longer pigtail as well as a USB extension.

I'm not sure I understand the rationale if accuracy is of concern. The HLT will pick up signals further away, but your GPS only records the car's position. So your locations will be less accurate than using an omni with less gain.

No, I agree. But the thing is that I'm only using equiptment I've amassed over the years. LMR is expensive (based on my opinion and the circumstances) so I'm fine with using the pigtail that I have.

Also, the HLT is primarily used for those long range signals. To my surprise, when I'm driving past a house, the little usb job does better than the HLT. I'm coming to an understanding of why but I'm not sure yet. Either way, when NS merges the files, it choses those with best SNR which would be the usb device meaning higher accuracy. Being that I'm in a suburban/rural area, many of the houses are quite a distance from the road. The HLT is perfect for this since I am able to stay on the main road instead of driving right up to the house.
wifigi
Mini Stumbler

Hlt

Postby wifigi » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:38 pm

Deltron3030 wrote:Sick setup man...

I was wondering where I could purchase those antenna's... I googled for a couple minutes and couldn't find anything.

~Del

http://www.hyperlinktech.com/

BTW, Deltron 3030 rocks. You're the first person I met who first knows who they are and second obviously likes them.
wifigi
Mini Stumbler

Previous

Return to Stumbling Setups