Show Your Wardriving KIT

Post info/pics about your rigs that you use for stumbling!

Postby rjdenver » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:40 am

Ze_NiTH wrote:Its the new V2000 with widescreen.


I got the same one over Christmas to start into this hobby. If all I was going to do was learn about wireless and drive with it, I would have gotten something cheaper probably. But my old PC is a P166, and it was time for some kind of upgrade anyways. This was a good compromise: good price, features, and not a mobile desktop. Now, I'm starting to see the value of just some kind of handheld instead for collecting the AP beacons, bringing it all home, and using a desktop there to do the mapping and analysys. But I'm happy with it anyways.

I was hoping that the screen (got the brightview option) would be nicely visible outside. I spent quite a while at Best Buy trying to eye the screens versus the overhead lighting, to determine which responded best under glare. But I've noticed outside in the sun it's still nearly impossible to see. But even that turned out not to be much of an issue, since I don't need to see it while I'm driving (and when I'm stopped, there's more opportunity to try to get a good viewing angle).

RjDenver
rjdenver
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:19 am

Postby Mach1Marauder » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:55 pm

Here's my set up in my MACH1 Mustang. I mainly use it to tune my car and data log my 1/8 and 1/4 mile runs. I hook it up to my OBDII port of the car through my data logger ad the data logger hooks up to my laptop. I have a wideband O2 monitor hooked up to the laptop also.
I use a USB remote attenna/card to wardrive with.
Image
Mach1Marauder
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:38 pm
Location: WEST OF COWTOWN

Postby PaPPy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:10 am

what is to the right of ur lappy?
PaPPy
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Japan

Postby wrzwaldo » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:36 am

Looks like a data logger
wrzwaldo
 
Posts: 8995
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:43 pm

Postby beakmyn » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:58 am

That's his OBDII data logger.
beakmyn
 
Posts: 4858
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:53 pm

Stupid question.

Postby wham » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:10 am



I have yet another stupid question :o : What kind of antenna is that, where can you get it, and does it come with the necessary connectors to attatch it to an Orinoco Gold Classic?
wham
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:21 pm
Location: /dev/urandom

Postby G8tK33per » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:13 am

wham wrote:I have yet another stupid question :o : What kind of antenna is that, where can you get it, and does it come with the necessary connectors to attatch it to an Orinoco Gold Classic?

Get the 5dbi mag-mount from Fab-Corp and mention NS for a discount.
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
User avatar
G8tK33per
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:00 am
Location: Goomba's Booty Boardwalk

Postby wrzwaldo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:15 am

wham wrote:I have yet another stupid question :o : What kind of antenna is that, where can you get it, and does it come with the necessary connectors to attatch it to an Orinoco Gold Classic?



Omni
Earth
Yes (if offered that way)


GPS Puck

Patch (most likely)
Earth
No


Have you ever used google or the search feature here at the forums? They are quite handy. Give them a try one day.
wrzwaldo
 
Posts: 8995
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:43 pm

Postby wham » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:25 am

G8tK33per wrote:Get the 5dbi mag-mount from Fab-Corp and mention NS for a discount.


Thanks. :D
wham
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:21 pm
Location: /dev/urandom

Postby Dutch » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:31 am

wham wrote:Thanks. :D

Don't spend all of your allowances on WiFi gear though.. Keep some for spending on girls.. They WILL become more interesting over time..

Boys don't get older, it's just their toys that cost more over time, and nothing is as expensive as the girl-toy.. Talking from experience here (1 ex-wife, 8 ex GF's, to many dates & onenightstands to list, and 1 current wife...) :D

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
User avatar
Dutch
 
Posts: 6698
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: City of Mermaids, Denmark

Postby Barry » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:50 pm

Dutch wrote:Don't spend all of your allowances on WiFi gear though.. Keep some for spending on girls.. They WILL become more interesting over time..

Boys don't get older, it's just their toys that cost more over time, and nothing is as expensive as the girl-toy.. Talking from experience here (1 ex-wife, 8 ex GF's, to many dates & onenightstands to list, and 1 current wife...) :D

Dutch

Hopefully not all at the same time!! Cause that does get expensive!
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
User avatar
Barry
 
Posts: 5713
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:10 pm
Location: Ohio

The One Rig to Rule all rigs

Postby Kalel » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:26 pm

I did my homework got all the right parts and I'm connected to my "friends" network just fine (signal strenth= Very Low, Speed= 54.Mps).

1 Netgear *WG311TNA* pci card ...$69 USD
1 Vagi 16dbi FM on a nickel plated speaker stand from IKEA ...$42 USD
1 15ft NM to RP-SMC LMR400 cable .... 27.59 USD
1 Happy WarHomer..... Priceless

I tested this setup with the follow with no problemos:

Airopeek NX 2.0.2 windows XP
Netstumbler newest version windows XP
Airsnort for windows XP
Aircrack for windows XP

Im using the Wildpackets drivers for all of these programs.

btw on the netgear box it has a picture of the wnic with a big A for Atheros on the box.

Have fun and be excellent to each other.

(not responsible for typos or grammatical errors, the ghetto bird kept me up all night)
Kalel
 

Postby beakmyn » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:17 pm

Kalel wrote:I did my homework got all the right parts and I'm connected to my "friends" network just fine (signal strenth= Very Low, Speed= 54.Mps).

1 Netgear *WG311TNA* pci card ...$69 USD
1 Vagi 16dbi FM on a nickel plated speaker stand from IKEA ...$42 USD
1 15ft NM to RP-SMC LMR400 cable .... 27.59 USD
1 Happy WarHomer..... Priceless

I tested this setup with the follow with no problemos:

Airopeek NX 2.0.2 windows XP
Netstumbler newest version windows XP
Airsnort for windows XP
Aircrack for windows XP

Im using the Wildpackets drivers for all of these programs.

btw on the netgear box it has a picture of the wnic with a big A for Atheros on the box.

Have fun and be excellent to each other.

(not responsible for typos or grammatical errors, the ghetto bird kept me up all night)


Eluding to illegal activity on a forum frequented by LEOs ... priceless
beakmyn
 
Posts: 4858
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:53 pm

Allow me to Specify

Postby Kalel » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:37 pm

beakmyn wrote:Eluding to illegal activity on a forum frequented by LEOs ... priceless


You ASSUME far too much. However to clarify for you. My friend and I play muliplayer games togther and share files. Its a consentual relationship. I have many friends that I dont wish to name so i put a "friends" to specify this particular friend. I used airsnort and aircrack simply to test the integrity and secruity of my own wireless network (hardly anything illegal. Never ASSUME anything without facts you'll just made an ASS out of U and ME.

showing a snob what a jack*** he is priceless.
Kalel
 

Postby wrzwaldo » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:39 pm

Kalel wrote:You ASSUME far too much. However to clarify for you. My friend and I play muliplayer games togther and share files. Its a consentual relationship. I have many friends that I dont wish to name so i put a "friends" to specify this particular friend. I used airsnort and aircrack simply to test the integrity and secruity of my own wireless network (hardly anything illegal. Never ASSUME anything without facts you'll just made an ASS out of U and ME.

showing a snob what a jack*** he is priceless.


Who cares!
wrzwaldo
 
Posts: 8995
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:43 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stumbling Setups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests