We need a forum for people to post on their rigs.

Post info/pics about your rigs that you use for stumbling!

here's mine

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 10, 2002 9:43 am

ok guys here is my set up. well both of them. sorry for the quality but my digital camera is shit up close. the GPS is a hicom cf card and the radio is a WAVELAN 802.11bhr dsss card without the block antenna attached. it is the one with the two connectors on the top.

http://veteransmc.com/wireless.htm

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 11, 2002 10:38 am

@Shawn (posting "heh"):

If you switch over to the new version pf phpBB (version 2, still in release candidate phase, but stable) there is a mod available that allows to attach files along with a posting. This would be what you asked for, right?

Bye, Mike

Small thingy?

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 11, 2002 10:52 am

@Fozzy...

What's the type of that small computer having the gps on the right and the lucent card on the left side?

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 11, 2002 1:08 pm

This is an Intermec 6651 hpc which runs Win CE 2000 3.0 it also check out www.intermec.com

there is also one for sale on ebay.

Cool.

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 11, 2002 10:58 pm

Thanks Otak. I'll take a look at putting that up.

Well...I got my...

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 19, 2002 8:18 pm

...ladder rack installed! Now I can start my antenna farm! LOL

Tron Of Borg

pictures pictures pictures

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 19, 2002 11:09 pm

You are my inspiration Tron.

Doing it right!

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:20 am

Well, I just registered "TronOfBorg.com/.net"! This will be a lot easier/safer to keep my business seperate from my fun. Nothing is there right now (actually, my hosting service is getting DOS'd right now.)

Anyone got any skills at Flashing? LOL I need some Borg Inspirations!

Tron Of Borg.com

I need everyone's help!!!

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:47 am

I found what would make my day complete on E-Bay today!

The reserve for this is $1,500.00. Any donations will be accepted and appreciated!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... URL=0&rd=1

Tron Of Borg
Today's NEW Borg Radio Station

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:26 pm

Cripes Tron, I thought you were complaining about the "antenna farm" on the roof of your van now! |
nd the collection over in the AIBO thread was for your, um, mental well being. Maybe you could get people to "sponsor-a-strut" at 5 bucks or so each. ;-)

I can see it now: WTRN (or WBRG.) The "Morning Drive Show" would take on a whole new meaning!

Seriously, if you want one of these, the WISP list has been talking about the pros & cons of different brands & models.

Thorn

How far will that go??

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:46 pm

Okay, while an 85' tower might be a bit much, I can't help but wonder what kind of range ya might be able to get with that fully set up.

To make it complete, you'd need a dish antenna with a small video camera on top with crosshairs so you can do some mad sniffing from a mile or two away.

What fun!

-A.G.-

With sectors...

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 29, 2002 5:38 pm

I could probably reach 10 miles. The problem is picking the AP out of the list of 200! LOL

Tron Of Borg

Well, I can't wait until Monday!

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:05 pm

I have my Cisco AP on order. I decided to get the US model "just in case" I had problems with the Japanese model. I also ordered a LMC-352 card! One from a Miami warehouse and the other from a Georga warehouse.

The Miami package should have arrived today. It didn't. It seems it was rerouted to Jacksonville (sp?) where the Georga package currently is! WTF!! Don't people know that this is Tron Of Borg?! LOL...just kidding. Thats probably why they did it!

Also, I ordered some pigtails and an Omni from Fab-Cor. They are going to arrive Monday! Its going to be Christmas in April for me!

Now I need a tower and some cable!

I'll update you all Monday!

Tron Of Borg

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 05, 2002 6:22 pm

ahh UPS she be a crule mistriss

anyway i dont care how far you can see when you are parked i want to know when you can listen to internet raido on you drive to work with out any work but picking a station and driving... might i suggest www.somafm.com

Do what XM is doing...

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 06, 2002 8:21 am

...buffer 8 minutes of internet radio as you drive. That way, if you loose your signal, then you have 8 min of tunes to find a new signal!

Tron Of Borg

PreviousNext

Return to Stumbling Setups