feature request: continuous log export

Want to see something on NetStumbler.com/.org? Post your idea here! (Note - Posting does not guarantee that your idea will be implemented)

feature request: continuous log export

Postby yke » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:42 pm

I would like to continuously export the AP's and signal strengths to an another program for further processing. This can be done via a continuous log (like Orinoco's Client Manager) or scripting. If this feature exists already, can someone tell me how to do it? Thanks!
yke
Mini Stumbler

Re: feature request: continuous log export

Postby jjkaczor » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:56 pm

Originally posted by yke
I would like to continuously export the AP's and signal strengths to an another program for further processing. This can be done via a continuous log (like Orinoco's Client Manager) or scripting. If this feature exists already, can someone tell me how to do it? Thanks!

Naw, it doesn't exist at present. Scripting doesn't give you individual AP, only statistical info.

My thought is to open the .NS1 file in "shared-mode", but then I'd have to reverse engineer it, and if Marius has locked it completely, then I wouldn't even be able to do that.

What would be nice would be if he used MSDE2000, or MSMQ, or something that was asynchronous, would not interfere with his base engine, and that other folks could easily "hook" to get a live data-stream.
jjkaczor

Return to Suggestions/Requests