Google ads vs. search box

Want to see something on NetStumbler.com/.org? Post your idea here! (Note - Posting does not guarantee that your idea will be implemented)

Postby beakmyn » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:27 am

jason_m wrote:No, netstumbler killed standby.

But why make functions dependant on Javascript that would otherwise be just fune in html. Does this forum cripple when Javascript is disabled or missing? Example: Many sites I've seen that have anto-submitting drop down menus, and no Submit button. Or even worse, the submit button is there, but it is to javasctript'ed, so clicking it does nothing. Before Javascript, these worked just fine in html. What about non-Windows and stripped down devices like pda's? (Ministumbler?) Some webmasters that think about this have made their sites cross-compatible so that everyone can access it without it crippling. Like, for example setting the Javascript'ed links and buttons with html as well. Like, why do some webmasters put Javascript'ed Submit buttons if they are almost useless for html-only users anyway?

This site works fine on both my Windows and Linux Ipaqs. What's wrong with javascript? I've never had issues with JS in my browser.

Do you get an error that the computer can't go into standby because another device is preventing it? Otherwise it's not Netstumbler is bug in XP/hardware/software driver.
beakmyn

Postby streaker69 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:48 am

jason_m wrote:No, netstumbler killed standby.

But why make functions dependant on Javascript that would otherwise be just fune in html. Does this forum cripple when Javascript is disabled or missing? Example: Many sites I've seen that have anto-submitting drop down menus, and no Submit button. Or even worse, the submit button is there, but it is to javasctript'ed, so clicking it does nothing. Before Javascript, these worked just fine in html. What about non-Windows and stripped down devices like pda's? (Ministumbler?) Some webmasters that think about this have made their sites cross-compatible so that everyone can access it without it crippling. Like, for example setting the Javascript'ed links and buttons with html as well. Like, why do some webmasters put Javascript'ed Submit buttons if they are almost useless for html-only users anyway?

This site works just dandy on my Audrey running a modified version of QNX, and my Epods running a modified version of IE4. If it doesn't work on your machine, then it's your machine's problem.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Previous

Return to Suggestions/Requests