GPS Receiver Integrated with WIFI

Want to see something on NetStumbler.com/.org? Post your idea here! (Note - Posting does not guarantee that your idea will be implemented)

GPS Receiver Integrated with WIFI

Postby heavern » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:00 pm

Hi, I noticed that there are many GPS Receivers in the market with Bluetooth connectivity function. Are there any GPS receivers integrated with WIFI function instead? ie WIFI Card? Possible scenario for such use would be for the GPS receiver to be transmit the position data to a computer/PDA via a wireless network card. Currently not all laptops and PDA have bluetooth functions and using WIFI might be a better solution for connectivity. What you think?
heavern
Mini Stumbler

Postby wrzwaldo » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:09 pm

heavern wrote:Hi, I noticed that there are many GPS Receivers in the market with Bluetooth connectivity function. Are there any GPS receivers integrated with WIFI function instead? ie WIFI Card? Possible scenario for such use would be for the GPS receiver to be transmit the position data to a computer/PDA via a wireless network card. Currently not all laptops and PDA have bluetooth functions and using WIFI might be a better solution for connectivity. What you think?

Topic Description wrote:Suggestions/Requests
Want to see something on NetStumbler.com/.org? Post your idea here! (Note - Posting does not guarantee that your idea will be implemented)

I'm sure NS.com/.org will get right on it.
wrzwaldo

Return to Suggestions/Requests