Mapping forums

Want to see something on NetStumbler.com/.org? Post your idea here! (Note - Posting does not guarantee that your idea will be implemented)

Mapping forums

Postby nashr » Wed May 07, 2003 5:01 am

I wondered what anyone thought about setting up a forum just to discuss mapping applications and techniques. I have seen the two most common apps (MapPoint, and S&T). There are MANY open source mapping apps, and I've wondered how many people have played with them, and what they find useful and interesting. I've also seen mention of some 3D mapping which I also find interesting from a physical security perspective. Any thoughts on this one? Is there enough interest? Should there be a poll to help guage interest?

I also have a TON of mapping URLs if anyone is interested.
Help! I've been Simpsonized!
nashr

Postby sparafina » Wed May 07, 2003 5:45 am

I think that a mapping forum would be very useful, we could use it for discussing analysis of data. I am biased though , since that's what I do.
sparafina
Mini Stumbler

Great point

Postby nashr » Wed May 07, 2003 5:49 am

Data analysis is a great point. This would also be very useful to security geeks like me.

You may want to make another post quickly to get past that "666" mark! :D
nashr

Mapping forum

Postby kernel sanders » Thu May 08, 2003 9:49 am

I agree with the addition of this forum. I am fairly certain that there would be a good deal of traffic in it.
kernel sanders
Mini Stumbler

Postby blackwave » Fri May 09, 2003 3:20 am

Surely there has been talk of maps.netstumbler.com and how it is being worked to make more personalized versions...
-=BW=-
blackwave

Postby nashr » Fri May 09, 2003 5:11 am

Well, there appears to be interest. Can one of the admins set up a forum for us? Or do you not feel there is sufficient interest?
nashr

Postby blackwave » Sat May 10, 2003 2:23 am

last I heard it was in the works... though i think it is going to be more than just a forum... but like a profile where you can store your map data and do stuff with it against larger map data... and that will take a some type to configure and test before giving it out to the public... i would imagine. :)
-=BW=-
blackwave

Postby chemman14 » Fri May 16, 2003 12:16 pm

Originally posted by blackwave
last I heard it was in the works... though i think it is going to be more than just a forum... but like a profile where you can store your map data and do stuff with it against larger map data... and that will take a some type to configure and test before giving it out to the public... i would imagine. :)

now that, sounds awesome :D
chemman14

Return to Suggestions/Requests