more audio and remember column positions

Want to see something on NetStumbler.com/.org? Post your idea here! (Note - Posting does not guarantee that your idea will be implemented)

more audio and remember column positions

Postby DAE51D » Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:28 pm

I would like to suggest more audio cues. When I'm wardriving, i want to know not just when i find a WAP, but audio clues about the kind it is so i don't have to take my eyes off the road to look at my notebook computer!

WEP - strong signal
WEP - weak signal
OPEN - strong signal
OPEN - weak signal
strong/weak should be user defineable settings (say SNR of 20 as the threshhold point)

when I am 'searching to narrow down a WAP, i would like to have volume be a factor. The louder the sound, the stronger the signal

if you were really cool, you could add a mode with voice (text to speech)

how about a mode where I choose a node from the list, and then i can hear a steady 'ping' sound louder and softer based upon the signal strength. this way i can drive around in an area to find the strongest signal.

Oh yeah, the other thing i want to do is pick the order of the columns. I know i can change them each time, but i want netstumbler to remember my column positions (and widths!). It remembers the font (thankfully), so it should remember this too.

and my final little suggestion. i should be able to doubleclick the mac address on the main stumbler page just as i can doubclick it on the SSIDs->name->MAC. that signal strength is important when narrowing down a WAPs location, and it's annoying to have to navigate to it like that. perhaps a color block column that glows red/green/yellow/orange whatever to see the strength at a glance.
I hate registering for web sites. UGH!
DAE51D
Mini Stumbler

Postby tem84 » Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:00 am

Yah, a tts module would rule.
heheh, ms agent and that stupid bird that everyone loves could tell you what you just found :D
tem84
Mini Stumbler

Return to Suggestions/Requests