More Export Options

Want to see something on NetStumbler.com/.org? Post your idea here! (Note - Posting does not guarantee that your idea will be implemented)

More Export Options

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:34 pm

If there were an option to export the .ns1 file into a text file that the mapping software can import with no effort I'd be REALLY happy. :)

-Mc

Maps

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:07 am

Use StumbVerter, it can import the summary file directly into MapPoint. Or one of the Perl scripts running around. I cannot think of anything less effortless (to be redundant).

All the best,

Mother

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 04, 2002 4:01 am

it would be nice but i don´t thing it is very important at the moment.
i have no problems to start excel and let it convert that txt file into a file that autoroute can read.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:08 am

I know how easy it is to convert. This is just one of those to toss on the list for upcoming releases. With the code floating around PLUS with the fact he already has an export to text option, it should be REAL easy to add another format. MUCH easier than adding support for another driver...

...just a suggestion

-Mc

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:59 am

Mother,

I forgot to mention, StumbVerter is a VERY sweet program. Thanks... I have played with it and am getting MapPoint 2002 because of it.

Man, this netstumbler hobby is starting to get expensive.. :)

-Mc

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:17 am

maybe it is easyer but don´t forget that if marius add every time this little functions, he will never have the time to add prism support.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 05, 2002 2:59 pm

How About More Import Options As Well.

For when your GPS dies or something and doesn't
put it the GPS Info, you could Export the .NS1
file to text, fix the Info and import back into
the .NS1 File.

Or Even Better Build in some kind of Editor Into
the Program so the Info In the .NS1 file can be
directly edited in the search/find window.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 05, 2002 3:23 pm

if i remember right someone else said allready that there should be an option to add some personal info (e.g. gateway, location) to every AP, so why not editing every string directly in NS?

Loading MiniStumbler in NS and exporting crashes NS?

Postby Nonesuch » Thu Apr 25, 2002 8:16 pm

I have the latest versions of both, just downloaded them fresh today.

If I take a 'ns1' file from a Ministumbler save, load the file into Netstumbler, then choose export to wiscan or to text, Netstumbler will crash.

I've tried two different saved files, one of them actually exports the data and then crashes, the other creates a zero length export file...

Both files were created without a GPS attached, nothing else unusual about them.
Based in Chicago, Nonesuch isn't famous, and doesn't plan to be.
Nonesuch
Mini Stumbler

ministumbler

Postby sjm416 » Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:40 am

anybody else notice that the layout for miniistubler .ns1 files doesn't match the windows version
i have written a utility that converts it but am very curious why they would be different
i have a ipaq 3970 with a orinoco gold and ministumbler
this thing works great (I'm in toronto, Canada) but i went to import it into a map and it failed anybody else have this problem
i'm ne to the PPC game so maybe there's a conversion that i'm missing??? i tried to use activeSync to copy it in case it did something.
i don't have the layout handy it's on my work machine and world youth day so i don't want to go near work today, i'll post my findings on monday
thanks

SJM
sjm416
Mini Stumbler

Return to Suggestions/Requests