netstumbler+mappoint

Want to see something on NetStumbler.com/.org? Post your idea here! (Note - Posting does not guarantee that your idea will be implemented)

netstumbler+mappoint

Postby themaverick » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:22 pm

hi
somebody had problems by using netstumbler and microsoft mappoint or other GPS using programms because the signal can anly one time be used.
there are some programs to split the gps signal to user more programs but this is not so clean.

i found now a posible way to use microsoft mappoint 2004 at your own programmwindow with all its functions.
now i thougt netstumber could get a feature to use this is mappoint is installed. so like on top of display there is the standard table with all ists entrys and on botom there coud be a integrated map to display the last hotspots and a line to see which way you drive.

is this interessting ?

here is the tutorial to use mappoint at own programs:
http://www.anotherurl.com/mapping/mfc_start.htm

so now do something

(sorry about my very bad english)

The Maverick

a German Wardriver
themaverick
Mini Stumbler

Postby wrzwaldo » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:22 pm

themaverick wrote:hi
somebody had problems by using netstumbler and microsoft mappoint or other GPS using programms because the signal can anly one time be used.
there are some programs to split the gps signal to user more programs but this is not so clean.

i found now a posible way to use microsoft mappoint 2004 at your own programmwindow with all its functions.
now i thougt netstumber could get a feature to use this is mappoint is installed. so like on top of display there is the standard table with all ists entrys and on botom there coud be a integrated map to display the last hotspots and a line to see which way you drive.

is this interessting ?

here is the tutorial to use mappoint at own programs:
http://www.anotherurl.com/mapping/mfc_start.htm

so now do something

(sorry about my very bad english)

The Maverick

a German Wardriver

Way to go Sherlock, not much gets by you.

http://www.netstumbler.org/showthread.php?t=10364
wrzwaldo

Postby themaverick » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:18 am

sorry but you dont understand.
this way coud be a posible way ti integrate mappoint complete into netstumbler. not the bad way to use scripts und both programs at the same time inside the memory.

with this extension could netstumbler be all in one
themaverick
Mini Stumbler

Postby wrzwaldo » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:54 am

themaverick wrote:sorry but you dont understand.
this way coud be a posible way ti integrate mappoint complete into netstumbler. not the bad way to use scripts und both programs at the same time inside the memory.

And I bet NS would no longer be free as I am positive MS would expect some $$ for the use of their software.
wrzwaldo

Postby Thorn » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:37 am

themaverick wrote:sorry but you dont understand.

Some of us prefer to use scripts. Scripts allow for a flexiblity not found in extensions. While an extension for a specific program is not by itself a bad idea, it limits the user to that one program. Scripts do not have such limitations.

The big problem with scripts are that you do have to learn to code, or at least know how to load someone else's script. It the users' level of experience is only that of selecting items off a menu, then scripts are scary, evil things.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Return to Suggestions/Requests