NetStumbler Suggestion

Want to see something on NetStumbler.com/.org? Post your idea here! (Note - Posting does not guarantee that your idea will be implemented)

NetStumbler Suggestion

Postby Leathal » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:57 pm

Would sounding too harsh. I think it would be great idea if the developer of NetStumbler and Mini-NetStumbler would invest some and money to have a couple of people help him with the development of this wonderful software.

I would gladly pay you, $29.99 USD or whatever you wanted as long as it was reasonable for your software if it was more compatible with a wider range of wireless hardware. I don't mind giving someone a donation, but honestly I don't know were that donation is going to, if the developer is using it buy his next coffee, or what, and it also bothers me a bit that I am not getting anything for it in return.

I am sure there is going to be a lot of people who will boo and hiss at me, but such is life. They just need to realize that they get a whole lot more for the buck if they pay for it, support, new updates which should work on your new PDA or Notebook computer.

So how about giving it some thought!

Regards,
Leathal
Leathal
Mini Stumbler

Postby King_Ice_Flash » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:08 pm

Leathal wrote:Would sounding too harsh. I think it would be great idea if the developer of NetStumbler and Mini-NetStumbler would invest some and money to have a couple of people help him with the development of this wonderful software.

I would gladly pay you, $29.99 USD or whatever you wanted as long as it was reasonable for your software if it was more compatible with a wider range of wireless hardware. I don't mind giving someone a donation, but honestly I don't know were that donation is going to, if the developer is using it buy his next coffee, or what, and it also bothers me a bit that I am not getting anything for it in return.

I am sure there is going to be a lot of people who will boo and hiss at me, but such is life. They just need to realize that they get a whole lot more for the buck if they pay for it, support, new updates which should work on your new PDA or Notebook computer.

Regards,
Leathal

Unfortunately, he is under a non-disclosure agreement, so it wouldn't work for him to have other people develop his software. He does not do this for money. In fact, the netstumbler project is in great need of money. A lot of money is spent for maintaining the web and forum servers, and new hardware for testing. He works on it in his free time. If you are really interested, http://www.stumbler.net/donate It says there what he does with the money.
"Yeah," said a voice from under the table, "you go to pieces so fast people get hit by the shrapnel."
King_Ice_Flash

Postby wrzwaldo » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:00 pm

Leathal wrote:Would sounding too harsh. I think it would be great idea if the developer of NetStumbler and Mini-NetStumbler would invest some and money to have a couple of people help him with the development of this wonderful software.

Regards,
Leathal

How can you get more for the buck? The software is free to use! And it works perfect with the supported hardware. I needed a solution NS filled it. I read the README and determined what hardware was 100% compatible and purchased it. It's not rocket science. Please don't take this as a boo or hiss it's just this topic has come around before.
wrzwaldo

Return to Suggestions/Requests