aircrack-ptw

Postby Barry » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:16 pm

128bit wep sucks.

Playing with the new aircrack-ng. Yea, that's my network. Anybody know of a good free radius appliance?
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Postby theprez98 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:28 pm

I ran wesside-ng (automated fragmentation attack + ptw attack) against my AP...from <ENTER> to finish was 2.68 minutes.

Also, in the latest development version of aircrack, the ptw attack is now the default.
[font="Courier New"]"\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";[/font]
theprez98

Postby Barry » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:39 pm

theprez98 wrote:I ran wesside-ng (automated fragmentation attack + ptw attack) against my AP...from <ENTER> to finish was 2.68 minutes.

Also, in the latest development version of aircrack, the ptw attack is now the default.

I noticed it was doing the ptw attack, that's pretty cool. I tried going straight aircrack-ptw whatever.cap, that errored out. Pretty goofy. Now I just have to get it working on my N800... Too many projects, I just got my bluetooth gps working with the stumbling laptop, one less wire strewn across the car. In case anyone was wondering, the old streets and trips gps works with the new streets and trips bluetooth adapter, once you cut away enough plastic. :D
Barry

Postby Thorn » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:46 am

Barry wrote:128bit wep sucks.
Nice. I like the bride, too.

Barry wrote:Anybody know of a good free radius appliance?
Get the O'Reilly book RADIUS by Jonathan Hasselland put FreeRADIUS on a spare Linux box.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby Barry » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:09 pm

Okaaay. After reading a shitton of man pages, maybe I'll stick to wpa.
Barry

Postby Dutch » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:45 pm

Barry wrote:Okaaay. After reading a shitton of man pages, maybe I'll stick to wpa.

Welcome to North Pole, AK. Please set your watches 2 years back... :rolleyes:

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Postby Barry » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:22 pm

Dutch wrote:Welcome to North Pole, AK. Please set your watches 2 years back... :rolleyes:

Dutch

Heh, I just spent the last half hour setting up my wife's laptop to connect to the network. It kept reverting back to the old wep key. I ended up having to delete the drivers, remove the card from the windows hardware thingy, reboot, then reinstall the drivers. Once I did that, it was a piece of cake! On my Nokia I just hit wpa2-psk and entered the new key. Her palm, same thing. Mac, same thing. Haven't got to the linux boxes yet.
Barry

Postby DaKahuna » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:48 pm

i agree with Thorn, FreeRADIUS is a good and reliable RADIUS server. We still use "Steel Belted RADIUS" at work but that's because large commercial companies want software that has someone else who can step in and offer support. Same reason we run SourceFire for our IDS boxes.

wesside-ng .. hmmm, I have to get better at "keeping up with the Joneses" around here .. First I have heard of it. Time to do a little googling !
DaKahuna

Postby Barry » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:20 pm

DaKahuna wrote:i agree with Thorn, FreeRADIUS is a good and reliable RADIUS server. We still use "Steel Belted RADIUS" at work but that's because large commercial companies want software that has someone else who can step in and offer support. Same reason we run SourceFire for our IDS boxes.

wesside-ng .. hmmm, I have to get better at "keeping up with the Joneses" around here .. First I have heard of it. Time to do a little googling !

I'm sure it is, it's just probably a bit of overkill for the house.
Barry

Postby DaKahuna » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:58 pm

Yes, I have to agree.
DaKahuna

Postby theprez98 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:03 pm

DaKahuna wrote: wesside-ng .. hmmm, I have to get better at "keeping up with the Joneses" around here .. First I have heard of it. Time to do a little googling !

wesside-ng is not officially released yet. You have to download the development source and compile to get it.
[font="Courier New"]"\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";[/font]
theprez98

Postby DaKahuna » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:39 pm

Thanks, I'll go looking for it tonight or tomorrow night. Have to meet a co-worker from the UK for dinner tonight and will be in Jacksonville, FL on business tomorrow night but I'll get to it this week. It has certainly peaked my interest.
DaKahuna

Previous

Return to Unix/Linux