AirSnarf - Help with setup

Postby streaker69 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:54 pm

Barry wrote:You've been scooping ice cream again haven't you?

Nope, tried to get that one out of the 1 1/2 year olds mouth while he was eating peanut butter. ;)
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby Barry » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:16 pm

[quote="streaker69"]Nope, tried to get that one out of the 1 1/2 year olds mouth while he was eating peanut butter. ]

Ahhh! I know that trick. Used to do that to my little brother. Kinda fucked up, he's 21 now! I'm fricking old.
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Postby FlyByWire » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:47 am

OK chaps, I've sorted out the directory problem and have had a look at the airsnarf script to see how it works.

The next problem I'm faced with is that I can't put my card into "Master" mode

Issuing this command iwconfig rausb0 mode Master I get back:

Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
SET failed on device rausb0 ; Invalid argument

I can set Monitor mode and Managed but not Master :mad:

So this is the next challenge.

The USB dongle I have is a D-Link DWL-G122 vB1, works fine with airodump.
FlyByWire
Mini Stumbler

Postby wrzwaldo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:49 am

[quote="FlyByWire"]OK chaps, I've sorted out the directory problem and have had a look at the airsnarf script to see how it works.

The next problem I'm faced with is that I can't put my card into "Master" mode

Issuing this command iwconfig rausb0 mode Master I get back:

Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
SET failed on device rausb0 ]

In case you missed it.

http://www.netstumbler.org/showpost.php?p=181312&postcount=3
wrzwaldo

Postby FlyByWire » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:35 pm

wrzwaldo,

I'm requesting usefull info thanx.

If you were to look at that web page you'll see nothing which resolves my problem.

FBW
Landing is a controlled crash :eek:
FlyByWire
Mini Stumbler

Postby Dutch » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:01 pm

FlyByWire wrote:wrzwaldo,

If you were to look at that web page you'll see nothing which resolves my problem.

FBW

You are getting usefull info. The problem is that you do not know what to do with usefull info, unless it's served on a spoon, and you are shoulderburped afterwards.

If you are to stupid to figure out that not being able to get your rausb adapter into master mode, when airsnarf needs an adapter capable of master mode, is going to be a problem, then no amount of help we can give, will be able to point you in the right direction. But since it's my turn to take on Sisyphean ordeals this weekend, I'll have a go :

Now logic dictates that if you can't put your rausb adapter into mastermode, then the fault must lay where ? In airsnarf, or in the drivers you use for the adapter ? You got 50 % chance of getting it right.. Oh wait you already got it wrong.. Since you posted here in this thread, instead of USING YOUR GOD DAMN BRAIN, and asking at whatever support forum there exists for your rausb adapter, how to fix the drivers so they can operate in master mode.

Next time you feel the need to try and figure something out, drop it and settle for that job flipping burgers at MickeyD.. Unless ofcourse you get the hint, and start to try and use your logic ability.

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Postby wrzwaldo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:11 pm

FlyByWire wrote:wrzwaldo,

FBW

I have looked at that web page a few times. Since you could not take the hint twice now I'll spell it out for you. This is not the airsnarf support forum.
wrzwaldo

Postby FlyByWire » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:47 pm

Dutch,

Thanx for the advice, and I have now worked it out that indeed it is my driver.

By the way, yes, I do need to be spoon fed as Linux and the way it works is all very new to me, that's what I thought forums are for. If I don't get it one way then tell me another way it's as simple as that.

Lets just put the boot on the other foot Dutch - If I were to put you into the airliner I fly onto the very front seat and say "go on lad (lady), take off, all you have to do is put full throttle on and pull on the stick" and then you would say "but sir, I don't know how to do that, I've never sat in a Flight Deck before" and I would go on by saying "I already told you lad, pull the stick back" do you really think you could take off without killing everyone on board unless I told you exactly how it's done? (unless you know how to fly the Airbus)

On that note I'll leave you to think about it !!

Cheers

FlyByWire
Landing is a controlled crash :eek:
FlyByWire
Mini Stumbler

Postby G8tK33per » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:00 pm

Um....yea.
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby Dutch » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:28 pm

FlyByWire wrote:Dutch,

By the way, yes, I do need to be spoon fed as Linux and the way it works is all very new to me, that's what I thought forums are for. If I don't get it one way then tell me another way it's as simple as that.

Lets just put the boot on the other foot Dutch - If I were to put you into the airliner I fly onto the very front seat and say "go on lad (lady), take off, all you have to do is put full throttle on and pull on the stick" and then you would say "but sir, I don't know how to do that, I've never sat in a Flight Deck before" and I would go on by saying "I already told you lad, pull the stick back" do you really think you could take off without killing everyone on board unless I told you exactly how it's done? (unless you know how to fly the Airbus)

Cheers

FlyByWire

Sorry, you're wrong.. I'm actually quite sure I would be able to get the bird of the ground and also get it down in one piece. I do hold a PPL, and I have used procedure trainers and simulators ranging from PC based to static and full motion simulators, including the A300 and the B737-400.

AND I've been one of those F.O.O. guys who made sure that you didn't fubar your job in the left or right hand seat, since I also held a K-licence, and was a member of SALDA, the danish branch of IFALDA.

If you want to talk aviation, you came to the right person, since I've been brought up in an airline family. My first concious memory is playing on the luggage conveyorbelts (airside) at EHAM, and I've been along for the flight on more different commercial airliner flightdecks than most people including many pilots, ranging technologywise from piston engine to turbofan. The list goes : DC3, DC4, CV440, CV880, DC8, DC9, DC10, F27, F28, F100, MD80, MD82, B737, B747, B767, A300, A320 and probably a couple of more I've forgot about along the way. Although I could go look at my logbook, if I really would be bothered.

And the reason I have been able to get a PPL and a K-licence, as well as being able to learn about PC's, OS's, hardware, Networks, and about almost anything else I've been involved in, is because I do NOT make assumptions, I do not hope for a spoonfeeding, I research, study, test, and learn how things fit together that way.

On that note I'll leave YOU to think about it !!

Dutch
Warning. Warning.
Dutch

Postby G8tK33per » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:55 pm

Oh damn!!

I do believe that was one of the FINEST bitch-slappings I have ever read!
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby Thorn » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:34 pm

FlyByWire wrote:Dutch,

Cheers

FlyByWire
Besides you're incorrect assumption about Dutch's abilities on the flight deck, you made another: This forum is NOT about spoonfeeding.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby Dutch » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:58 am

G8tK33per wrote:Oh damn!!

I do believe that was one of the FINEST bitch-slappings I have ever read!

He just made the assumption that piloting an airliner would be something considered an ordeal for people.
OTOH, if he had chosen the subject of flipping burgers at MickeyD.. I'd been at a total loss there..

Dutch
Warning. Warning.
Dutch

Previous

Return to Unix/Linux