atheros madwifi patch

Postby Landus » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:29 pm

Alright. I apologize.

I overreacted. I didn't expect to get the replies I got.

But come on. I asked a question and got all that?
Landus

Postby Dutch » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:33 pm

Landus wrote:That was a flame.

Yes, there's worse, but I didn't expect that after make a single post.

And to think I'm going to be going into the networking industry when I get out of high school.

LMFAO.. That was not a flame, not even close to an embering piece of charcoal..
But if we can keep you out of the networking industry by flaming you, I think we are doing the entire networking industry a friggin' big favour.

And for the record, that wasn't a flame either. That was just stating the obvious.

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Postby Landus » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:33 pm

Dutch wrote:Keep it up, and I'll show you what a flame is, right before I kick you out of the forums.

Wow. I really don't know what I did to piss you off this much, but for what it's worth, I'm sorry.
Landus

Postby Landus » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:36 pm

Dutch wrote:LMFAO.. That was not a flame, not even close to an embering piece of charcoal..
But if we can keep you out of the networking industry by flaming you, I think we are doing the entire networking industry a friggin' big favour.

And for the record, that wasn't a flame either. That was just stating the obvious.

Dutch

Definitions of flame on the Web:

Personal verbal attacks on other Internet users, via e-mail, USENET, or mailing lists. Flame wars occur when a series of flames are sent back and forth between two or more people.
http://www.education-world.com/help/glossary.shtml

Oh, you won't keep me out of the networking industry. I never said that.
Landus

Postby streaker69 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:05 pm

Landus wrote:True, but it's also illegal for someone to crack a WEP key without permission.

By learning different ways to crack WEP keys, I would also be able to spot certain things that would suggest someone is attempting to crack my WEP key.

Which then in turn look outside the window since I live in a rather small circle. Anyone attempting to crack a WEP key would have to park a car in the middle of the circle.

If that doesn't work, I can simply keep changing the network key until the person attempting to gather IV's gives up.

Basically, if everyone here wants to flame and not help, then don't reply. I'll just find help some other way.

I'm still not sure how youre ability to crack WEP is going to accomplish anything. If you search, you'll know what the signs are of an attempted attack. Unless you're planning on having a computer setup and running 24/7 to monitor your little network, there isn't much point because you're probably not going to catch the person that's doing it.

Why bother with WEP? Why just read up on the best practices for securing a network and implement those? I do network stuff for a living and never, not once felt the need to crack WEP to ensure that a network was 'safe'.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby Landus » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:21 pm

streaker69 wrote:I'm still not sure how youre ability to crack WEP is going to accomplish anything. If you search, you'll know what the signs are of an attempted attack. Unless you're planning on having a computer setup and running 24/7 to monitor your little network, there isn't much point because you're probably not going to catch the person that's doing it.

Why bother with WEP? Why just read up on the best practices for securing a network and implement those? I do network stuff for a living and never, not once felt the need to crack WEP to ensure that a network was 'safe'.

I really wish you would've said that earlier.

Just to avoid the headache I have right now.
Landus

Postby streaker69 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:23 pm

Landus wrote:I really wish you would've said that earlier.

Just to avoid the headache I have right now.

You have no idea how much of a headache I have right now after the past two days. So trust me, what you went through is NOTHING.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Postby Landus » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:02 pm

streaker69 wrote:You have no idea how much of a headache I have right now after the past two days. So trust me, what you went through is NOTHING.

Can't argue there.
Landus

Postby audit » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:01 pm

If you really would like to see flames, read the Newbie-Bin, Search for usernames audit, g8tk33per, and Chris, then you will see small samples of flames. Now keep pushing your luck and you might be one of the lucky ones to recieve the full flame crew's attention. Right before I give you a couple month vacation from the forums.
audit

Postby streaker69 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:02 pm

audit wrote:If you really would like to see flames, read the Newbie-Bin, Search for usernames audit, g8tk33per, and Chris, then you will see small samples of flames. Now keep pushing your luck and you might be one of the lucky ones to recieve the full flame crew's attention. Right before I give you a couple month vacation from the forums.

I didn't think you could search the Bin.
streaker69

Postby Landus » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:46 pm

audit wrote:If you really would like to see flames, read the Newbie-Bin, Search for usernames audit, g8tk33per, and Chris, then you will see small samples of flames. Now keep pushing your luck and you might be one of the lucky ones to recieve the full flame crew's attention. Right before I give you a couple month vacation from the forums.

This ends here.

I'm going to be brutally blunt. Stop mincing words like a child. If you want to ban me for pissing you off, be my guest.

If you want to get your friends and flame me, go ahead. It shows the lack of maturity.

You aren't the Pope either. What you think isn't Divine law. Nor is this the only place to seek help when it comes to wireless security.

Now, I'm done posting on this topic.
Landus

Postby streaker69 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:51 pm

Landus wrote:This ends here.

I'm going to be brutally blunt. Stop mincing words like a child. If you want to ban me for pissing you off, be my guest.

If you want to get your friends and flame me, go ahead. It shows the lack of maturity.

You aren't the Pope either. What you think isn't Divine law. Nor is this the only place to seek help when it comes to wireless security.

Now, I'm done posting on this topic.

Actually, we discuss wireless security a good bit, we just dont teach people how to crack WEP. If you want to learn, all the information is out there, but we're not going to give people a step by step process.

As I stated before, you don't need to crack WEP to secure a network, I think it's just assinine to believe that you do. Why waste your time? Why not just read up the proper way to secure a network and follow that method?

Oh yeah, if you think you're the first person to stop by with this EXACT story about cracking WEP, you're wrong. You were probably the first person today. About the third this week, and probably the 10th this month. So you'll excuse us if we don't exactly believe that your intentions are 100% honest.
streaker69

Postby SignalSeeker » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:56 pm

Landus wrote:You aren't the Pope either. What you think isn't Divine law. Nor is this the only place to seek help when it comes to wireless security.

Where is Devine?

Justin
SignalSeeker

Postby streaker69 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:57 pm

SignalSeeker wrote:Where is Devine?

Justin

I think he's with Blackwave and Elvis at Denny's.
streaker69

Postby Airstreamer » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:03 pm

streaker69 wrote:I think he's with Blackwave and Elvis at Denny's.

... in Area 51...
"But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know.""

- Rudyard Kipling
Airstreamer

PreviousNext

Return to Unix/Linux